Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone explain the blown coverages
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Can anyone explain the blown coverages

Jan 12, 2016, 2:18 PM

Especially the ones by TJ Green it's almost unexplainable how he just flat out let the receiver run for as the him. I just don't get it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steve Sarkisian

Jan 12, 2016, 2:19 PM

texted that juan in

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looking in the backfield too much?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"He just flat out let the receiver run for as the him?"

I just don't get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: "He just flat out let the receiver run for as the him?"

Jan 12, 2016, 2:20 PM

did that fly over your head?

bob just flat out let the OP run for as the him***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

as he often does***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:22 PM

I wouldn't expect you to understand***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to "He just flat out let the receiver run for as the him?" ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Can anyone explain the blown coverages

Jan 12, 2016, 2:23 PM

I think Dave Pearman had something to do with it! Period!!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:23 PM

run past him*

Alexander was out and inexperienced DB's were forced into action..

Jan 12, 2016, 2:24 PM

Talented young DB's, but inexperience. If Alexander doesn't get hurt, the blown coverages probably wouldn't have happened. Same thing happened when TJ Green went out in the UNC game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So there were no blown coverages before #2 got hurt?***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:25 PM

Re: So there were no blown coverages before #2 got hurt?***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:26 PM

Yep! Some fat #### had to land on Macs legs while Making a tackle on Fat #### Henry in the backfield!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to So there were no blown coverages before #2 got hurt?*** ]

I don't think the blown coverages have anything to do with #2 being out both were blown coverages by the safety. The TE Howard just runs free down field with no one on him.

Jan 12, 2016, 2:34 PM

Would most likely have been in different coverage with Mac in. But, with playing status in ? Should have known who was supposed to cover TE. Way too many like that this year. Fix that and Special Teams and we can be back.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you know he was the safety's responsibility..

Jan 12, 2016, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: So there were no blown coverages before #2 got hurt?*** ]

Could have been an a lb or db's man, and the safety was trying to catch up. Like I said it was similar to when TJ Green went out against UNC. Younger inexperienced db's were forced into action and either made the wrong play or didn't communicate with teammates

Yes, Alexander was key ....***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Alexander was out and inexperienced DB's were forced into action.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 2:29 PM

$?

We didn't know...

Jan 12, 2016, 2:38 PM

They had a TE.

And Mac was out so you had Carter & Baker in there.

Safeties missed it multiple times.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 2:46 PM

Just the football Gods sticking it to us! LOL....that bomb Coker through off back foot while being smashed to the ground would have been an interception or incompletion any other game in the world.....

yes receiver went this way, and DB went the other!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:47 PM

pretty simple really!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

That's as good an explanation as any***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:50 PM

Re: That's as good an explanation as any***

Jan 12, 2016, 2:51 PM

You had blown coverages in most of the games you give up alot of points. This game was no different. Syracuse, NC State, South Carolina all had blown coverages for big gains.

Good effort, but I like the Obama explanation better***

Jan 12, 2016, 3:07 PM

Fire

Jan 12, 2016, 3:02 PM

Jack Leggett and Batson....as for him? Did I do it correctly?

HTH in advance :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 3:03 PM

Looks like the slot DB and safeties never talked to each other. The first OJ Howard score was on the DB It looked like he was suppose to be man up and dropped into a zone. Boom 6. Sideline was TJs he knew it as soon as it was thrown. He got caught looking in the back field thinking it was a sack. You can see Reed and Dabo screaming and he turns around and sprints. The sideline long gain was just a missed tackle. 180 lbs vs 245 TE missed LB bad angled and Kearse couldn't catch up some how when he was supposedly one of the fastest on the freaking team.

Jan 12, 2016, 3:35 PM

Hmmm.... What the heck happened to Kearse? Last yr he saved us against UofL coming from nowhere to make the run down tackle. This yr he's running like a 4.8 40!

I'll be very interested to see his combine and/or pro day numbers.

Come to think about it, it saddened me to see Blanks in pursuit

Jan 12, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Can anyone explain the blown coverages ]

Hmmm.... What the heck happened to Kearse? Last yr he saved us against UofL coming from nowhere to make the run down tackle. This yr he's running like a 4.8 40!

I'll be very interested to see his combine and/or pro day numbers.

Come to think about it, it saddened me to see Blanks in pursuit. Those knee injuries took their toll.

We've been soft in the middle all year

Jan 12, 2016, 3:57 PM

Can't do that against good teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: We've been soft in the middle all year

Jan 12, 2016, 3:59 PM

yup.. good thing Wiggins is coming back next year maybe they can move him to safety and put Van Smith at the NLB spot. he likes to play the run anyway. Wiggins is more of a coverage guy. Don't get me wrong he loves to hit as well but I think he is better in coverage than Van Smith

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic