Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can a 12-1 Clemson be left out of the playoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,246

Can a 12-1 Clemson be left out of the playoff?

Nov 10, 2017, 11:41 PM

If the committee doesn't view the Syracuse game as a complete loss? It's obvious that they're treating it differently. We wouldn't be 4th if we lost to Syracuse with a healthy KB. Can you really compare Clemson to other one-loss teams if that's the case?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can a 12-1 Clemson be left out of the playoff?

Nov 11, 2017, 12:13 AM

They are treating it different because of kb being so much of our run offense. Just watching some of the Washington game and you realize how much a good qb means to a team. Especially one that can throw downfield. Washington keeps winning, it’ll be tough to keep them out.

That being said, if Oklahoma wins out, they’ll be in too. That leaves a Notre Dame with a one point loss to uga but no conference championship. That should assure us getting in... but it would also mean Notre Dame would have beaten Miami.

So, we really need Miami to beat nd. All that said, we still have to finish 12-1. Difficult task unless kb learns how to pass downfield. Don’t underestimate the coots either. They’re a tough defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 1:09 AM

While I don't necessarily disagree with your thesis, Exhibit-A may exit stage right this evening due to the fact that Stanford is forcing him to be a thrower.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 1:20 AM

They're not treating our loss different; as they keep saying, it's not about who you lose to, it's who you've beaten. And our schedule and who we've beaten puts us there at 4. That will change here soon, as our weak schedule on the back end gets factored in, but as of now, we are where we deserve to be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 2:21 AM

I do agree with you but as I recall the first ranking show they interviewed people that said they factored in the loss and Bryant not finishing the game. Plus the fact that Cuse is a good team. Am I confused? Could be. Had more important things on my mind but honestly remember it that way.

But you are right, our sos is why we’re 4. That and gladly my Washington theory didn’t hold up.

I will say this though, we’d be 9-0 imo if we would run etn and feaster like that Stanford kid long. He’s a player. Man I do wish our backs would read the inside stack and bounce it outside like that kid does. More touches I believe they would get in a rhythm like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 2:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Can a 12-1 Clemson be left out of the playoff? ]

You people and your TD ‘s. Tell me what warranted that? Different than your opine?

Nov 11, 2017, 2:45 AM

No

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,246
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic