Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can I be honest? I hate recruiting news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Can I be honest? I hate recruiting news

Feb 5, 2018, 8:00 PM

It brings out the worst in all fanbases (yes including ours). People rail on 18 year olds for whatever reason for not choosing their team. Even if those reasons aren't consistent with reasons they have in other sports or for other recruits.

Check out the O'Neal thread. Several hypocritical insults thrown at the kid, especially considering what we were just all saying about Zion.

Plus the fact that fanbases celebrate recruiting championships and top 10 classes as if it's an accomplishment before those players ever touch the field.

Of course it's important for coaches and for building programs. It's the lifeblood of college sports. But there's nothing good that comes from fans becoming crazy involved in it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I be honest? I hate recruiting news

Feb 5, 2018, 8:25 PM

Yes I would tend to agree. There a lot of factors that go into a kids decision as to where to attend college. Just a few, distance from home, playing time ( not guaranteed ), what they plan to major in, fit at Clemson (personal and social ) etc. Some guys are just not meant to be a Clemson Man . Those are the ones that we should not loose any sleep over. Next Man up!

Feb 5, 2018, 9:53 PM

I will say this, I don't have a problem with a kid from that far picking a local school. Hard for family to make those trips, while apparently now it's just a quick, day of game trip. That said, for some kids, leaving their home area is often the best for their future. It is their choice to make. I don't think Jimbo will do well there, but could be wrong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2018, 10:35 PM

O’Neal was bought and paid for by a handler his 7 on 7 coach.

Dude lives an hour from College Station or 15

Feb 5, 2018, 10:59 PM

From Clemson. Plus he’s already pretty much said Texas AM was leading weeks ago. Whoever feels betrayed that he didn’t come to Clemson needs to take a break from following recruiting for a while. Bc they’re about to crossover into a bad place emotionally.

We had like a 15-20% chance at best, he was staying home.

Re: Dude lives an hour from College Station or 15

Feb 5, 2018, 11:30 PM

The handler was his 7 on 7 coach. This is happening more and more . It’s like the dirty AAU in basketball. We are going to have find a way to recruit against this crap or make friends like other schools.

yeah, because

Feb 6, 2018, 12:35 PM

we're recruiting so sh1tty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Link?***

Feb 5, 2018, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Can I be honest? I hate recruiting news ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st clue. ALWAYS check the pulse. Do you actually

Feb 6, 2018, 7:58 AM

think he has a link?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you actually think he was serious?***

Feb 6, 2018, 10:57 AM

He was

Feb 6, 2018, 11:57 AM

There may be some truth to that rumor

OMG! An actual rumor?***

Feb 6, 2018, 1:11 PM

Oh.

Feb 6, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to He was ]

Checking your pulse. Seems okay.

Sounds like a new verse in the

Feb 5, 2018, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Can I be honest? I hate recruiting news ]

Newspring song being sung in Cootlumbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree

Feb 5, 2018, 10:35 PM

No need to bash a kid after his decision is made. After all, it is his life- not ours. You may recall how people trashed Parker Boudreaux after his commit video.

I would also argue that some of the rankings are skewed with bias too in my opinion. Last year Deonte Johnson had over 45 offers and was ranked outside the top 500. Bama offered and the very next day he appeared in all the Top 250 rankings. Funny how that works.

If you really wanna see how not to act then read this thread on XT;

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=218882&page=88

Feb 5, 2018, 11:15 PM

Could not agree more and unfortunately this has become the culture of recruiting and decisions.

But let’s not give these soon to be young adults a free pass. With unlimited access to the world via social media this kids create the hype and hysteria. Not completely blaming them on the reactions of adults but there egos throughout the recruiting process certainly fuel that fire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

tennis news can be nice***

Feb 6, 2018, 12:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: tennis news can be nice***

Feb 6, 2018, 7:48 AM

That’s someone’s daughter, not to mention granddaughter, and possibly niece. HOW DARE YOU SIR!

Re: tennis news can be nice***

Feb 6, 2018, 7:55 AM

Probably someone’s distant cousin as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 7:54 AM

Here’s a T_I_P.....

If the link looks like recruiting info, don’t hit the link.

Problem solved.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 10:48 AM

Same here I used to follow it and care when I was younger but now watching grown men harass kids on twitter it is just pathetic.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 6, 2018, 10:54 AM

DOT HAVE TWITTER AND GLAD OF IT.

Feb 6, 2018, 12:17 PM

Twitter is actually pretty nice for some things.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic