Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can Dabo ever win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Can Dabo ever win?

Nov 18, 2014, 6:13 PM

No need to get on Dabo for his comments today, what coach wouldn't defend his quarterback? I would be more concerned if he took an opposite viewpoint and threw one of his players under the bus. Saturday is Senior Day, although Cole is having a horrendous season he should be the QB that leads the opening drive. After that Schuessler should get his shot.I have no problem with Cole starting against Georgia St. If this team responds and blows out GS and beats SC will you people be happy? Would beating SC calm people down? The man has guided this program to new heights, that is indisputable, yes we all yearn for more but this wasn't supposed to be our year anyways. What happens if Dabo's bunch starts their own winning streak against SC and lets say wins the ACC title 3 out of the next 5 years and makes the playoff twice, would that be good enough? Can Dabo ever please everyone here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can Dabo ever win?

Nov 18, 2014, 6:20 PM

The problem is, if Deshaun cannot play vs. USC then Dabo has hitched himself to Cole. You cannot start Nick now and somehow justify throwing away his one chance to get a whole week of starter reps and get the experience of starting before playing them. Granted, if Nick starts vs. GA State then you cannot go back to Cole, so it is a giant catch-22.

Essentially the only escape is for Deshaun to play vs USC and/or Cole beat them. If Cole does not beat them, then everyone is mad since we already have a large sample size of underwhelming performances. If Nick started this week and next, but lost to USC people would say at least he gave us a chance to win by trying something different.

Re: Can Dabo ever win?

Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM

Yes, if Dabo could beat USC it would shut people up. That and getting to the playoffs would shut people up. Why is that so much to ask? Especially with the talent level we have here and the depth we have built. We should beat a team like GA Tech 3 out of 4 times.

At least win 50% of the games against USC and beat a ranked team in the regular season in 2 years. 5 in a row to the Coots and staring #6 right in the face isn't good.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic