Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,960

Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015?

Jun 24, 2014, 4:46 AM

If we do Dabo is legend

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015?

Jun 24, 2014, 6:08 AM

Yes , but we would have to kill Nick Saban and Jimbo to do so. Nobody wants to get their hands dirty ...lets just be happy with a top 5ish and stay free men .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2014, 6:15 AM

No not in 2015. Bama is destroying everyone this year. They would already finish in the top 3-4 with the current class they have put together and we all know in the SEC they are not even close to finished.

null

Not sure about #1 but here's a way to get close

Jun 24, 2014, 6:20 AM

If we keep what we have and add the following we'll be in great shape;

Albert Huggins 4* DE 6-4 280 #163 overall
Tim Settle 5* DL 6-3 320 #9
Austin Bryant 4* DE 6-5 245 #124
Venzell Boulware 4* OL
Zach Bailey 4* OL

Here's a long stretch but here's a few others;

Ty'Shon Williams 4* RB 6-0 200 #135
George Campbell 5* WR 6-3 187 #5
Trenton Thompson 5* DL 6-4 310 #1
Darian Roseboro 4* DL 6-3 293 #161

Campbell looks a Florida lock but he did play with A. Scott. Williams is said to like ND, among others. Thompson looks like UGA but FSU, ALA, and AUb are in there. Roseboro looks like Mich or NCSU but it ain't over for him. Or any of these guys really. We could also pick up some guys who are under the radar in CB Antonio Parks 5'11 183 and RB Mikell Lands-Davis. Regardless of our class rankings, we are looking good and filling our needs.
HTH

Re: Not sure about #1 but here's a way to get close

Jun 24, 2014, 6:40 AM

George Campbell -Tim Settle - Shy Tuttle - Darian Roseboro - Zack Bailey - Ray Ray McCloud and mr. ALBERT .
Those guys will make it a top 3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2014, 7:14 AM

No.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but we have a good shot at top 5***

Jun 24, 2014, 7:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2014, 8:08 AM

You guys need to understand how the ranking formulas work. I'll just use Rivals' since I'm most familiar with that and they show average star ranking for a class.

Right now the Tigers have 18 commitments and an average star ranking of 3.5. There are A LOT of schools with perennially top 10 classes who only have 12-14 commits. The rankings are of course based on points and you get more points for higher rated players as we all know. So if a school has fewer commits they obviously have less points and a lower rank. Folks need to understand that as some of these other powerhouse schools add commitments those schools will get more points and those points will close the gap in points which currently favors the Tigers.

Clemson's class is nearing capacity and the average star rank is 3.5. Look at the average star rank of some of those power schools that currently have 5-6 fewer commits, they are all better than 3.5. Also, look at the average star rank of the top 10 ranked classes on Rivals going back several years.

Once all the schools have filled their classes a 3.5 average star rank might get a #8 ranking but likely a ranking between 8-12. For the Tigers to even stay in the Top 5 the remainder of the commits need to be 4 stars.

Also looking at Rivals, SCAR has a #4 ranked class with 19 commits and a 3.47 average star ranking. That #4 rank will not hold as other schools add commits. Assuming SCAR keeps a 3.47 average star that class probably ends up ranked 15-20, about where SCAR usually is in recruiting.

Great post Sludge

Jun 24, 2014, 8:32 AM

It's amazing how people still get worked up over these rankings.

I remember when Beasley was just a mere 3 star recruit. Same with DJ Swearinger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Great post Sludge

Jun 24, 2014, 9:16 AM

I still prefer to have a higher ranked class as possible. Alabama is good for a reason.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jun 24, 2014, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Great post Sludge ]

I will slightly alter my statement by saying that the Tigers had a top 10 Rivals class in 2011 with a 3.34 average star rank but that class had 29 commitments. I don't think Dabo is taking anything like that number this year.

Also, regarding Bama.....It is amazing to look back at Rivals class rankings and see that Bama has had the #1 ranked class every year since 2008 except for 2010.....I think they were #5, poor things.

Jun 24, 2014, 9:47 AM

I think ESPN has Clemson at around a 3.88 average star right now. With nothing but 4 stars left on our board I could see us finishing with a top 5 class pretty easily.

Besides Bailey does SCar have anymore

Jun 24, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015? ]

big fish on their board? I'm talking realistic big fish.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No clue

Jun 24, 2014, 10:11 AM

I had never heard of Octavis Johnson until yesterday.

Crazy how recruiting works. I remember thinking your guys were set at corner four years ago when Robinson and peters committed.

I've quit worrying about recruiting for the most part. Who would have though three star Shaw would end up USC's greatest quarterback?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: No clue

Jun 24, 2014, 10:29 AM

Did you come here looking for a spot to jump in and talk about what the coots had or didn't have. Or how they fared with a coot player. We don't give a chit what coots have, had, or has. Coot central is that >>>>>>> way if you want to talk about chickens. Go there to have your conversations about coots, this is a Clemson Tiger board, and not a chicken coop!!! bye bye

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are no other in-state big fish....

Jun 24, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Besides Bailey does SCar have anymore ]

whose parents can be bribed into sending their kids to $CU in exchange for cash, cars, trips and/or employment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I know that the number of stars will change throughout the

Jun 24, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015? ]

year. IMO, I think if Saban goes hot and heavy after a recruit, his rankings will go up some just because it is Saban. If a 5* verbally commits to Marshall or Miami of Ohio, I'm willing to bet the next time they are reavaluated, more than likely, his ranking will take a hit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Can CU make it to #1 in recruiting in 2015? ]

I understand your point but it is also important to look at the previous years rankings compared to where we stand. With the current class of only 18 we would rank 16-17 in the two previous years. Rivals counts 20 recruits so you would expect us to climb simply by adding two more players.

Also an average star ranking of 3.5 is usually good enough to put you at about #10 in the rankings. Based on our board and who is left I would not expect that average to drop. So yes teams will pass us but we will also continue to build on this class. Unless something changes I feel confident we will land in the top 10. We are quietly pushing for the top 5 but it will depend on how we finish.

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic