Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Clemson unveils new policies for fraternity, sorority organizations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Campus Update: Clemson unveils new policies for fraternity, sorority organizations

Jul 16, 2015, 2:07 PM

Clemson unveils new policies for fraternity, sorority organizations

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you still get away with murdering pledges?

Jul 16, 2015, 2:08 PM

Let me scan the policy changes.

only if you stick to your story, apparently***

Jul 16, 2015, 2:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news for politician sons, horrible friends, and

Jul 16, 2015, 2:16 PM

the gutless! I see nothing indicating the murdering and cover up of a fellow pledge has been deemed unacceptable. Carry on!

Re: Can you still get away with murdering pledges?

Jul 16, 2015, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Can you still get away with murdering pledges? ]

I guess it's better than nothing but these frat houses need to have random check by faculty where they check the ID's of everyone in the house. If alcohol is present and minors are there they get a strike. Rape charges equal a strike. Minor brother charged with MIP, a strike.

3 Strikes in a 3 year span and the frat is suspended a year. 4 Strikes in a 4 year span and they are kicked off campus for a decade.

You have to make serious rules to actually enforce good behavior. Or you can just ignore all the kids that overdose, get hazed, death coverups, and rapes....

Jul 16, 2015, 9:01 PM

Agree. That would be a good plan except replace faculty with IFC or better yet cops.

Jul 17, 2015, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Can you still get away with murdering pledges? ]

Now would you enforce this for other clubs, sports teams, etc? Because it's not like fraternities are the only place minors are drinking in Clemson

Jul 17, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Can you still get away with murdering pledges? ]

So you're saying that fraternities and sororities should be the only groups held accountable for underage drinking on campus? This board would be up in arms if a officer/faculty walked into a football house or apartment on a weekend night and charged all the underage players. Underage drinking will happen all across the clemson campus. Your bias against greek life is obvious.

troll^^

Jul 16, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Can you still get away with murdering pledges? ]

He can't get over the 100's of armed robberies that occur on a daily basis in dowtown Cola...

LOL....

Jul 17, 2015, 10:37 AM

Live 15 minutes from the Valley.....go Tigers.....you must be the "still waiting on the smoking gun" type in regards to the Hipps case. Right? "You uh a Coot....har har har"

Re: Campus Update: Clemson unveils new policies for fraternity, sorority organizations

Jul 16, 2015, 3:37 PM

They should include in the policy that whatever you do at an event, DON'T TAKE PICTURES OR VIDEOS AND IF YOU DO, DON'T POST THEM ON FACEBOOK OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA!!! That should take care of at least 50% of the issue. Jumping off bridges and stuff I can't help with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Campus Update: Clemson unveils new policies for fraternity, sorority organizations

Jul 16, 2015, 7:31 PM

Pictures are not the problem, it's what's in the pictures.

Any one else feel this punishment is grossly insufficient?

Jul 16, 2015, 3:44 PM

Probably because it is. After an inexcusable death of an 18 year old, lets just slap the wrists of Greek life. Security guards and designated drivers at parties will do a number on preventing secret early-a.m. hazing sessions. So will "educating" presidents of the fraternities. It's not the presidents that are causing the problems. Its entitled brothers acting 'rogue' pretending like being a part of a fraternity like becoming a navy seal. My good friend was president of Pike a few years ago and he said being president was like being in charge of 200+ idiots who at any point in time can be a huge liability and all the guys resent you because you have to be the voice of reason and tell them "no" in order to try and save the organization. So much goes on behind the president's back, in secret. These policies by Clemson will do NOTHING in terms of reducing the amount of hazing. Any thought that these policies would be effective or beneficial is entirely misguided.

Re: Any one else feel this punishment is grossly insufficient?

Jul 16, 2015, 7:13 PM

How about holding the one fraternity accountable? How is it every other organization 's fault? Especially sororities? If we're going to do that lets bring in the intramural teams and FCA too, after all they're student organizations too.
I had some first hand bad dealings with Sig Ep. Can't say they're the only bad fraternity on campus but they were involved here and I've never personally had a problem with any of the others.

Hazing is amazing.

Jul 16, 2015, 3:50 PM

;)

Just a thought as an active member in a major fraternity....

Jul 16, 2015, 4:58 PM

I'm going into my senior year, and for the bigger events we've had security guards and limited numbers of non-member guests since I was a freshman. This wasn't because anyone made us do it, but just because our house would get destroyed if we didn't do these things and just let everyone and their brothers walk in. I don't see how this changes anything unless they are "serious about enforcing it" now or whatever.

Sorry for language guys but so glad I attended Clemson

Jul 16, 2015, 10:16 PM

before it became completely pu$$ified. So many of the kids today are politically correct pleasers and trolls. But then again society has become the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry for language guys but so glad I attended Clemson

Jul 16, 2015, 11:07 PM

Yeah, this is an overreaction by a buncha PC pansies from academia.

Back in my day, we murdered pledges, raped chicks and made black people feel like mascots on campus....AND THEY LIKED IT!!!

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

What we need is a Niedermeyer

Jul 17, 2015, 8:05 AM

http://youtu.be/hostgKc7qV4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Jul 17, 2015, 8:09 AM

“There is no utopia. If there are people out there anywhere that think there is a program in the country with 80-plus to 100 young people that won't have to deal with bad behavior or bad decision making from time to time, that place doesn't exist,” Swinney said. “That's a unicorn. That just isn't reality."

This is from the most recent article on this website and is a direct quote from Swinney. If you don't think that every student organization on campus doesn't have some sort of hazing you are naive. I know for a fact that there is hazing on our football team, but it is all handled internally when something goes wrong. The school wouldn't demonize their cash crop, but they are more than willing to throw Greek Life under the bus. You never hear about the female soccer player who has permanent brain damage from hazing because the school has swept it under the rug. I mean hell, the coach was present when it happened. I'm not defending what happened to Tucker, he was a good friend of mine and I want to see justice just like everyone else, but punishing all of Greek Life for the actions of .0001% of it is not really fair. When you have a group of 100 guys there are always going to be those few that go rogue. It's like trying to herd cats. The only thing the school is going to accomplish is pushing fraternities underground and then the school will lose all control that they have.

Jul 17, 2015, 9:39 AM

Yup

Sounds like death to Greek life

Jul 17, 2015, 8:19 PM

It's about time if you ask me.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic