Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calm down guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Calm down guys

Jan 26, 2021, 5:18 AM

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ncaaf/odds-next-tennessee-head-coach-after-jeremy-pruitt-fired-billy-napier-jamey-chadwell-top-favorites/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calm down guys

Jan 26, 2021, 6:16 AM

Why that article might make sense.

1. Napier has said that he wasn't interested in Auburn or SC. It could be that he has known since December that he was going to Tennessee. It could be that Danny White and he began discussions and had an agreement between them before Christmas.

2. It could mean that Tennessee has struck out on their elephant hunt (mixed metaphors) and couldn't come to terms with Fleck, Franklin, Allen, et. al. but could come to an agreement with Napier.

Of course, it could mean that everybody is just guessing and knows nothing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either of them would be an improvement.

Jan 26, 2021, 7:39 AM

So there’s that.

But I don’t get the sense that either of them are big time (and they’d have a big uphill battle), but who knows...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Either of them would be an improvement.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:13 AM

Is there anyone big time enough to pull the Vols out of this tailspin? An established coach could get a big payday and 5 yrs later be stained permanently by the poor results. That coach should probably treat it like a retirement send off. A younger coach like PJ Fleck might plan it as a 3 yr spring board to the NFL by just keeping the boat afloat. Similar to what O’Brien did at PennSt. Maybe Napier would be in that category.

I just don’t see the upside for a coach like Elliott who will be taking this job as his first head coaching experience. If he does poorly then he’s left the perception that he’s not HC material and would have to drop down to G5 program or go back to coordinator. I don’t see it being any kind of springboard to a NFL job for him. Basically the career path would be similar to Chad Morris at Arkansas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic