Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cain and McCloud/What I know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Cain and McCloud/What I know

Feb 1, 2015, 6:45 PM

Ok, I've heard from someone as close as you can get to the situation, and I was told that the staff knew McCloud and Cain would take the visit this weekend. The words that were used were that they wanted to take one last one "for fun." The staff knew about it, isn't happy about it, but still feel like they are fully committed to Clemson and there is nothing to worry about.

Now for what I know...when I spoke with McCloud's dad last week he mentioned that Auburn and Alabama had both been trying to contact them and his advice to Ray Ray was to never turn someone away and just say "no" because Ray Ray wants to be a coach one day (like dad) and you never burn bridges and it's always good to make contacts.

Am I surprised they went? No. Do I feel like it means anything? No. I still think they are fully committed to Clemson, and it's hard to think Auburn would make a push with just a few days to go. I am reaching out to both parties and will let you know what I hear.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cain and McCloud/What I know

Feb 1, 2015, 6:47 PM

Thanks David you the man

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 6:47 PM

Can always count on Hood! Preciate your work

$$$$$$$$$$$$$***

Feb 1, 2015, 6:48 PM

Yeah I sort of thought it was a long lines of what u said. I think they are still coming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news

The bag man cometh !***

Feb 1, 2015, 6:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They pulled out the Cam Newton presentation...$$$***

Feb 1, 2015, 6:52 PM

Feb 1, 2015, 6:50 PM

Thanks, David. Signing day can't get here soon enough! Prayers for your surgery tomorrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suggestion

Feb 1, 2015, 7:04 PM

Seems like we should move junior day until after signing day...when guys like this take a look at who is interested in coming in they might look at another situation for playing time. Let's hope and trust they are guys of character

Thank you, sir

Feb 1, 2015, 6:52 PM

Praying for you and the family tomorrow

Feb 1, 2015, 7:05 PM

Thanks for the info, TCI made it sound like doomsday and pushed the bagman rumor of course.

Seems like everyone is reporting the same

Feb 1, 2015, 7:11 PM

At least the story from the team is consistent, that they knew about it in advance and still are not very worried.

The only people talking about "bagmen" are people making comments. Don't know how accurate it is.

I have almost zero doubt about Cain. McCloud has never seemed as far "in" as some other recruits. But he and his family would have to be liars or nearly liars if he switches.

Re: Seems like everyone is reporting the same

Feb 1, 2015, 10:15 PM

Bagmen are real...stole Mount Adams and Nkemdiche from us.
Here's some more reading: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Cain as a QB?

Feb 1, 2015, 10:25 PM

Why would he want to do that? Clearly nfl receiver talent. Would have to switch positions at the end of his college career like Marshall. He needs to understand that. Doesn't someone have a Beemer they can "loan" these guys for 4 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks Hood***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:14 PM

Still feel like I'm gonna throw up.***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:18 PM

Clucker81to85 is not going to like this!!!***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clucker81to85 is not going to like this!!!***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:32 PM

Man, this would destroy us as fans. I'm praying the trip was for fun and not for interest in going there. They are vital to this class. We may need to consider moving Green back to receiver if sol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile

Feb 1, 2015, 7:34 PM

I guess they could be enticing Cain by offering a spot at QB

ANd when he doesn't, will you eat crow?***

Feb 1, 2015, 11:00 PM

Clemson

Guess not***

Feb 4, 2015, 9:56 PM

Clemson

Re: I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile

Feb 2, 2015, 8:00 AM [ in reply to I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile ]

What has Ray Ray done to make you think he'll flip??? And where do you see him going?

Re: I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile

Feb 2, 2015, 8:01 AM [ in reply to I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile ]

So says a screen name I have never seen on here before. #### off troll.

null

Lilnaitch is a regular contributor over on STS ...

Feb 4, 2015, 12:33 PM

Where they have lots of fun accusing T-Netters of being sunshine pumpers.

Well, I'm guessing that the results of this recruiting class will make even those guys pump a little sunshine.

Maybe ...

B/C a guy who wants to be a WR is attracted to be QB....

Feb 2, 2015, 8:51 AM [ in reply to I fully expect Ray Ray to flip, and have for awhile ]

I don't think you know much about the matter. Just looking for attention.

Re: Clucker81to85 is not going to like this!!!***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clucker81to85 is not going to like this!!!*** ]

It would be a disappointment BraveTiger, but get a grip. Destroy us as fans? Not me.

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

Destroys Us, R U crazy.

Feb 1, 2015, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Clucker81to85 is not going to like this!!!*** ]

These 2,while great 5 star players, are not vital to this class.They are the icing on the cake, but we still have every WR we had last year with exception of Humphries, we have a redshirted Thompson and Bell is already on campus.

Stop saying stupid stuff like that..

Feb 1, 2015, 10:23 PM

Let it play out, we'll be fine but don't saying those two are just icing on the cake that's ridiculous. Those two are the type of players that win you championships,,, it's all about playmakers and a solid base. A solid base will get you a good season . A solid base with playmakers get u in the door to do big things.

Can't stand it when Clemson fans start making excuses for failures. We need these guys and guys like them to start taking that next step. Ray Ray and drown don't look at clemson without Sammy and cj coming here. So this class paves the way for the next. They'll stick with us but don't play the coot game and start saying "we didn't want them anyways". That's assenine.

Hey dumba$$$ no one said we didn't want them ,just plainly

Feb 1, 2015, 11:03 PM

stated the fact that it will not break us if they both switched. Don't be a dumba$$.

Re: Hey dumba$$$ no one said we didn't want them ,just plainly

Feb 1, 2015, 11:27 PM

That's what u say now but you r the type of dude that will start that type of bullisht later if something crazy happened. I just hate the attitude. If you want to be better than 2nd in the Atlantic you gotta convert on these dudes. We will get these guys and no we wouldn't be broke if they bounced on us but it sure would hurt not to see the future with their type of skill set. Those are touchdowns in those signatures. They're the types that take 1 yard bubble screens for 85 yd td's in big games. Gotta getum in here.

Re: Hey dumba$$$ no one said we didn't want them ,just plainly

Feb 2, 2015, 7:52 AM

It helps to have highly rated players, but it's not the be-all-end all, and certainly not what's keeping us from championships.

See Ole Miss vs TCU for an example. There's something about work ethic, coaching, etc., and oh yeah- not bending over backward for a kid, no matter how "talented" (see Fields, Devonte).

That said, it sounds like the kids will come here. Taking their visits is something they should do- why not? See some places, meet some faces, eat some good food.

Thank you, I'm afraid the silence on their part says a lot

Feb 1, 2015, 7:28 PM

right now. Usually, in this situation you'd see "I'm still a Clemson Tiger" or "Happier than ever to be a Clemson Tiger", but dead silence more along the lines of "how are we going to go ahead and tell Clemson that we're going to Auburn". Honestly David, That's the way it looks now. And as for that story about not burning bridges so I told them to take the trip sounds like enough horse crap to fertilize all the fields in Iowa.

Re: Thank you, I'm afraid the silence on their part says a lot

Feb 1, 2015, 7:33 PM

guess you have missed the tweets huh coot

What a DA post. LOL

Feb 4, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Thank you, I'm afraid the silence on their part says a lot ]

No wonder you cant be found

So ... are you finished now?

Feb 4, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Thank you, I'm afraid the silence on their part says a lot ]

A little "dead silence" on your part would be a welcome outcome.

Thanks David as always! 1 qt. of Breyers Chocolate coming

Feb 1, 2015, 7:42 PM

your way... ;)

Thanks, I was headed

Feb 1, 2015, 7:45 PM

to the Rx cabinet to down a couple of valium.
Go Tigers!!

I think I'm about to have a heart attack. I'm not ready to die yet. I'm too young...***

Feb 1, 2015, 7:55 PM

well, if you do

Feb 1, 2015, 8:01 PM

good bye

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well, if you do

Feb 1, 2015, 9:10 PM

Ok, maybe destroy is too strong of a word, but they are very very important to this class. I think with them we are looking at playoffs in 2015-16, without them we are not as heavily loaded with playmakers. You could call them icing on the cake, which they are, but if Hopper and Williams were to leave early, we are thinner at WR than we have been in a while. I don't think you can overstate the importance of the versatility Deon makes us. Then you have Ray Ray who could play both receiver and RB.

We need them. Elite teams don't keep losing guys like Raekwon, Carl Lawson, Mount Adams, Gurley, etc., etc. When we quit losing recruits that we heavily relied on in the class and losing them in the last 48-72 hours mind you, we will have arrived.

I'm not being negative. We have a great team loaded with talent. We just don't need to lose them.

Feb 1, 2015, 9:15 PM

Damm y'all.need to stop freakin out, 3 days til signing day. I seriously doubt we lose these guys. Have faith and trust their word of just "for fun" on their last possible free trip. Cain and RR3 will be Clemson Tigers come Weds.

Feb 4, 2015, 12:44 PM

See what happens when you don't freak out!

Feb 1, 2015, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: well, if you do ]

honestly...as long are are teams that pay players and skirt/whizz on the rulebook, we will always lose a few

but...its a good character test

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 11:23 PM

This is BS. This is exactly why there needs to be an early signing period. Verbal commitments that flip at the last minute should not be allowed. Ray Ray and Cain could have looked at Auburn for years yet they lead Clemson on. Teams are holding these scholarships for these guys and have stopped recruiting the position. Now I readily admit we do not know the facts, but man I really do not want kids that are not true to there word.

This is a learning lesson for Dado. Time to start oversigning and not telling guys we are going to not recruit anyone else at the position.

If this guys went to Auburn the weekend before signing day they are not all in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2015, 7:57 AM

Dude, it's a paid trip. They're kids- they get out of school, go on a mini-vacation. They'd be fools not to go.

Not a huge deal.

Feb 2, 2015, 5:57 AM

We'll know in 3 days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic