Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU's Win Over Bama Was "As Bad As Humanly Possible"for Vegas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,135

CU's Win Over Bama Was "As Bad As Humanly Possible"for Vegas

Jan 11, 2017, 3:22 PM

Clemson's Big Win Over Alabama Was "As Bad As Humanly Possible" For Vegas

By: Ryan Phillips | 22 hours ago

Clemson’s 35-31 upset win over Alabama in the College Football Playoff National Championship shocked the sports world and may have toppled Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide dynasty. But nowhere was the loss felt more acutely than in Las Vegas, where bookmakers have been lamenting the “chaos” caused by the Tigers’ unexpected win

ESPN interviewed several bookmakers in Vegas and they claimed Clemson’s upset win plus the “over” being hit, caused a disaster for the house. Here are a few quotes ESPN managed to squeeze out of prominent people in the industry:

“It was as bad as a result as humanly possible,” William Hill director of trading Nick Bogdanovich, a veteran Las Vegas bookmaker, told ESPN on Tuesday morning.

Bill Sattler, director of specialty games for Caesars Entertainment, said Clemson winning in a high-scoring game produced “the worst loss in any college football game I can remember.”

The reason for such a huge loss for the bookmakers? A ton of the early money came in on Clemson, after the Tigers opened as a 6.5- to 7-point underdog. Despite Alabama being the overwhelming favorite, bettors favored Clemson after its dominant win over Ohio State and Alabama’s lackluster performance against Washington in their respective semifinal games.

Hill claimed his company took a seven-figure loss, while the MGM has admitted that it lost “in the high six figures,” which included a $55.000 bet on Clemson to win outright.

Bookmakers estimated to ESPN that $15 million to $20 million was bet on the game statewide in Nevada, and the bulk of that cash favored Clemson.

So while Alabama and Nick Saban lick their collective wounds over a devastating last-second defeat, Las Vegas will be commiserating with the Tide and doing the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

and Coots living vicariously through Bama***

Jan 11, 2017, 3:25 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: CU's Win Over Bama Was "As Bad As Humanly Possible"for Vegas

Jan 11, 2017, 3:32 PM

A $55,000 bet on Clemson to win. I want to meet that guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU's Win Over Bama Was "As Bad As Humanly Possible"for Vegas

Jan 11, 2017, 3:36 PM

I ended up with 3500 on clemson to win outright, which paid just shy of 7000.

I started with 500 and won a few bowls and put it on clemson to win vs OSU outright then doubled that down on clemson to beat bama.

did David Hood have confetti for these guys too?

Jan 11, 2017, 3:47 PM

unfeeling bast*ard

Hey Vegas - when you gonna quit making Clemson underdogs?

Jan 11, 2017, 4:04 PM

seems like you would learn after the last 4 or 5 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,135
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic