Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU/UA stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 911

CU/UA stats

Jan 2, 2016, 7:01 PM

I went through team stats for every game this year. Two things stand out to me.

1. We typically put up 100 more yds/game than bama. Mostly through passing, but not always. I guess this means nothing to the analysts since bama faced "SEC speed" defenses.

2. Bama won the turnover ratio in almost all their games, Clemson was mostly behind. Most of bamas takeaways were through picks.

I believe if we can pass effectively without turning the ball over, we roll the tide.

GO TIGERS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU/UA stats

Jan 2, 2016, 8:13 PM

I am doing the same thing. Will be interested to hear your thoughts. Here are some highlights from my first pass...

Clemson will be the first team that Bama has played all year that is ranked in the top 11 on both sides of the ball. #11 team offense and #7 team defense. Clemson played 5 teams ranked inside the top 20 in team defense and averaged 500 yards against those opponents. Against BC, the #1 D in the nation, just ahead of Bama, and a higher ranked pass defense, Clemson passed for 420 yards and rushed for 109. To me, this shows Clemson's ability to adjust to what the defense gives them and be multi dimensional with success.

Ole Miss is the only other offense Bama played that was ranked inside the top 30 in team offense. Ole Miss is ranked 10th, and they are the only team that beat Bama. The difference between Clemson and Ole Miss/ Miss State (the other 2 top 30 offenses), is that we play defense as well. Ole Miss ranks 56th in team D and MIss State is 58th. These stats tell an interesting story. This will be by far the biggest challenge Bama has faced all year on both sides of the ball. It will be Clemson's toughest opponent on defense, but Bama will be the 3rd/4th best offense Clemson has faced.

Clemson has faced the 7th (Oklahoma), 18th (UNC), 26th (Notre Dame), and 50th (FSU) ranked offenses. Alabama's offense is ranked 51st. I believe Bama is better than ND and FSU.

Clemson just shut down the #22 rushing attack in the country in Oklahoma, holding them to 66 yards, 156 yards under their per game average. They were also considered by many to be the hottest offense in the country entering our game. Alabama is ranked 29th in rushing. Henry is a beast, but Clemson will be the best rushing D he has faced. This will be a great game, but anyone that thinks this is a layup for Bama, simply doesn't understand the game of football. It will be a dogfight and the Tigers will prevail. My prediction is a 31-24 win by the Tigers with a late field goal by the Tide to cut the margin to 7.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic