Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re CJ Fuller's blood clot:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Re CJ Fuller's blood clot:

Oct 4, 2018, 12:48 AM

I can help, as an MD. Usually the clot forms after surgery. The area is swollen from the surgical intervention and the leg is usually wrapped fairly tight( ie. bandages/ace)post-operatively and the therefore venous blood flow back to the heart tends to decrease and stagnate and a clot can form in the large ( popliteal) vein just behind the knee. Venous blood flow back to the heart is ONLY by muscular movements ( passive or as in walking)( it's not pumped like in arteries). That clot can then migrate to the right side of the heart and then into the lungs ( pulmonary veins) and block the flow of deoxygenated blood ( venous)to the lungs ( air sacs) where it is oxygenated and pumped out of the left side of the heart via the aorta. Hope this helps.

Post op pulmonary emboli ( blood clots) are always a risk, esp. with surgery of the legs and pelvis. You can't reasonably anti-coagulate the patient before surgery or you would have a hard time controlling the bleeding during the surgery. However, I think more people are being partially anti-coagulated post-op to avoid these terrible results.

Let's pray for a great Clemson man.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re CJ Fuller's blood clot:

Oct 4, 2018, 12:53 AM

Honestly, thank you for the explanation. It’s greatly appreciated. God bless CJs family and nothing but prayers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 10:09 PM

Bump! Having an RN for a wife that helped me understand your explanation, I want more people to see it. Not that it will change anything, but maybe it will squander some of the other theories that are being circulated. Prayers to his family. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting. What type of MD are you?***

Oct 4, 2018, 12:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Thanks for posting. What type of MD are you?***

Oct 4, 2018, 1:23 AM

Primary care then diagnostic radiologist. Have diagnosed blood clots well over 500 times, sadly. Post-op clots tend to be the most lethal, as opposed to other types ( ie. truck drivers sitting for extended times; people that are hypercoaguable, patients with underlying cancers and those out of the blue! Post delivery women are more at risk too.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for posting. What type of MD are you?***

Oct 4, 2018, 9:30 AM

Are there warning signs of clots forming? Asking you before Google.

Thanks for that! Any explanation helps with the healing of the

Oct 4, 2018, 4:50 AM

Tiger nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 5:07 AM

Thank you for taking time to share this information on Tigernet. I would like to elect you the official Tigernet physician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soywaker......

Oct 4, 2018, 9:12 AM

You need to throw soywaker in there as well. Very knowledgeable in the trauma unit!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you described is what happened to my Mom

Oct 4, 2018, 6:45 AM

after her first knee replacement. Thankfully, the doctors were able to catch it and treat it.

Prayers for the family of C.J. Fuller. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 4, 2018, 7:46 AM

yea my wifes clot formed after her C section with our son... Took about 2 weeks to show itself.

Turned into two PEs and a clot from about mid-thigh to her abdomen.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic