Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP Tickets Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,211

CFP Tickets Question

Jun 2, 2018, 10:24 AM

The CFP-RSVP Fan Marketplace just opened. For those who aren't familiar, you pay a fee to "reserve" face value tickets in the national championship game if your team makes it. The cost to bet on your team is based on the perceived strength of your team, and changes throughout the season. Right now, Clemson's price is the second highest (after Alabama). For lower bowl, it is $390 per ticket and for upper bowl, it is $290.

Wouldn't it make more sense to join IPTAY if you want to purchase face value tickets? Joining IPTAY helps Clemson out, and will almost certainly guarantee the option to purchase face value tickets if we make it. Correct? Or am I missing something?

I don't think Clemson requires one to be a football season ticket holder to purchase CFP championship game tickets, but I might be wrong.

I would much rather lose money to Clemson than to the CFP, if Clemson doesn't make it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: CFP Tickets Question

Jun 2, 2018, 11:53 AM

You have to accumulate a certain number of points to get CFP tickets. Just joining IPTAY won't do it - you get points for your donation and for the seats you purchase. I've been a Heisman donor for the last four years and have bought 17 tickets each of those years. I have about 390 points and, in that range, I could buy four tickets. Unless you're going to make a mega donation, it won't work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2018, 12:08 PM

The ability to order depends on the method IPTAY uses to distribute CFP tickets. In Glendale, the maximum orders were limited and EVERY IPTAY member that wanted tickets were able to order. In Tampa the maximums were raised and the points required were higher.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sat next to a guy in Tampa (Bama fan) who did this.

Jun 2, 2018, 12:18 PM

he paid way, way less than me. I didn't buy through IPTAY, bought from large broker a day or so after we won the semi. He bought them about this time of year, maybe. Or maybe the price went down after they didn't look impressive in some early game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2018, 12:25 PM

I did this the last 2 years and it was worth it. Don't do it this year, San Jose so tickets will be below face unless a California school somehow makes it.

^^^^this

Jun 2, 2018, 3:14 PM

Went for free to Tampa after keeping my iptay tix and selling my rsvps. Personally don't see the need for them when going across the country. Go Tigers!

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic