Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP Playoff after Wk5. Could be multiple Undefeated Teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,701

CFP Playoff after Wk5. Could be multiple Undefeated Teams

Sep 30, 2018, 6:49 AM

We have a lot of football left and it is extremely hard to go undefeated, but I was looking at the current undefeated teams and what's left on their schedules and this could be a weird year where we could have multiple undefeated teams....Granted, these things usually sort themselves out but here's where we are:

Big 10:

OHIO STATE: After the Penn State Win, I don't see any team the can beat them except maybe Michigan or in the Big 10 Title game.

SEC:

BAMA
UGA
LSU
UK

One of these teams can run the table and most think it will be Bama or UGA and I agree because they don't play each other in the regular season. UGA and Bama can be undefeated facing each other the the SEC title game.

BIG 12:

WVU and Oklahoma:

They play each other at the end of the year and will turn around and have a conference title game rematch. Both look pretty good. I hope they beat each other and cancel themselves out.

ACC:

Clemson needs the QB's to grow up real quick and Trevor has got to learn when to slide and avoid unnecessary hits but we should win out...NC State always scares me.

AAC:

UCF
Cincinnati
USF

I really don't think they get consideration, but they are good football teams beating P5 teams...Just not the right ones.

Independents:

NOTRE DAME: They have a great chance of running the table if the get past VT. If they run the table they are getting in

With all of that said, if this is the weird year of multiple undefeated teams, here is what I think the teams will be:

CLEMSON
ALABAMA
NOTRE DAME
OHIO STATE
OKLAHOMA
UCF

Now I don't really think all of these teams run the table, but I can see 2-3 because of how the remainder of some of these teams schedules are lined up.

The one team that can screw things up is Notre Dame. They are media darlings with a global fan base that will fill stadiums and generate huge TV ratings...

Who on this list of teams have I mentioned has the best chance to run the table and the one least likely.

I think Clemson is in if they run the table. I hope we can get some style points in our upcoming games to win the smell test...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: CFP Playoff after Wk5. Could be multiple Undefeated Teams

Sep 30, 2018, 6:53 AM

We should run the table but if Notre Dame is undefeated we may be left out due to strength of schedule.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 7:06 AM

Since 2000 there have been 16 undefeated teams. Never more than two in one year. This includes 1A & 1AA teams. Highly unlikely this year sees multiple undefeated teams.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undefeated_NCAA_Division_I_football_teams

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 7:19 AM

See where the Coots were on the list? Was 1907 and they only played 3 games that year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 7:26 AM

If I am reading this wrong, then I will apologize, but you didn't do your homework.
Granted, you did say thru week 5 but Auburn has one loss at home against LSU on 9-15, and Bama and LSU still have to play so one of them will have one loss.

Are you one of those guys that corrects grammatical errors?

Sep 30, 2018, 7:31 AM

It's a discussion. I made it clear it would be a weird year and I also said it was only week 5. You can nit-pick if it makes you feel better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Are you one of those guys that corrects grammatical errors?

Sep 30, 2018, 7:34 AM

I'm not nick picking.Auburn has one (1) loss so they are not undefeated!

Re: Are you one of those guys that corrects grammatical errors?

Sep 30, 2018, 7:35 AM

I apologize.I went back and looked again, and I was wrong.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic