Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFP Conspiracy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

CFP Conspiracy

Nov 10, 2019, 10:36 PM

I have been listening to the rhetoric about Clemson's schedule with incredulity about the Tiger's schedule.
Reading between the lines I discover that the real point is that no one in the NCAA feels they can beat Clemson, thus to preserve the playoff format in its current form, there is a concerted effort, and perhaps coordinated effort to keep Clemson out of the Playoff, and maybe 'Bama as well, so that some other teams can have a chance to compete for a title and thus bring a different fanbase to the audience.
How else can you explain Paul Finebaum and other "conference" mouth pieces singing the praises of "the Ohio State", over the normal company line, "the SEC is the Best", mantra they normally recite.
Without doubt I believe Finebaum expected Alabama to be in the playoff. So does the SEC teams play enough of the top teams in the other conferences to really indicate their superiority, or do they schedule teams routinely that are routinely middling at best.
There seems to be no shame in the united front of journalist and network sports departments?programs in trying to minimalize Clemson's current level of performance. So much so, that since the talk of the "Clemson Dynasty" beginning, There has been a scathing attack upon Clemson by anyone who is given a microphone or a word processor.
So much so, that Penn State. Who won a Big ten Title a few years back, was deemed less worthy than Ohio State to make the playoff, where the much more "Deserving, Ohio State", was routed 31 to 0.
So this year, the juggernaut "Nittany Lions" are deemed potent enough to compete with "The Ohio State" whilst Clemson has been reduced from a roaring Tiger down to a mewing kitchen. The only thing more corruptly manipulated than this playoff committee and Poll results, is the supposedly "concerned politicians trying to protect the integrity of the United States political standing, while having denounced all their integrity in protecting Clinton, whose forked tounge was visible to even school children.
That this nefarious behavior is infected the sports writers and the networks, and maybe some conference leadership, will spell the doom of the current playoff format.
Perhaps it would be better to let the director of Sports from each conference, five in all, decide the playoff selection. and eliminate the pantheon of participants that probably provide overkill in the amount of info discussed. The Athletic directors from the Group of five could decide the New Years Six participant. Seeing the fiasco that the first week of this edition of the playoff has become, in their poor assessment of the undefeated teams and the impact that their rankings has made on the positions of the teams and where they will have to play their playoff games.
To expand the playoffs to eight or more teams, would negate the effort to find the four best teams, and as in other sports, would introduceslots four 3 more SEC teams who are deemed "better" and leave the other conferences with 1 team each, or similar circumstances.
Furthermore, No inclusion of a group of five school should be allowed, because there is no group of five team who would be able to win three games against the best of the power five, and would simply give a "bye" game for the best team, since the # 8 seed would be paired against the # 1 seed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFP Conspiracy

Nov 10, 2019, 10:38 PM

Kitchen = kitten, spell check didn't highlight the eror, sorry.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:52 PM

Man that was long!! I read it but I am not real sure what the point was.
If your saying we need an 8 team playoff then I am all for it. But take conference winners and if the smaller conferences can’t compete then make them their own league and championship!
But if they are deemed to be in the same league then let their winner play!!
You really lost me a mewing kitchen !!
What? Yeah you explained kitchen but mewing?

Nov 10, 2019, 11:56 PM

Sorry, I was a bit angry when I started this, and so it was a little incoherent, especially since I used the spell check and forgot to proofread.

No, I don't like the 8 team idea, especially with a group of five team:
1st Round, LSU would dispatch Cincinnati, Georgia provides enough defense to get by Ohio St. LSU Gets Georgia, SEC team guaranteed spot in Title Game.

1. LSU vs 8. (Cincinnati) * 1. LSU vs 7. GEORGIA * 1. LSU vs 3. Clemson

2. Ohio State vs 7. GEORGIA * 3. Clemson vs 6. Oklahoma

3. Clemson vs 6. ALABAMA

4. Oregon vs 5. Oklahoma
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Without a group of Five team: LSU Beats Minnesota, gets next lowest seed, Georgia. 4 vs 5 gets CLemson. SEC team guaranteed spot in Title Game.

1. LSU vs 8. Minnesota * 1. LSU vs 7. GEORGIA * 1. LSU vs 3. Clemson

2. Ohio State vs 7. GEORGIA * 3. Clemson vs 5. Oklahoma

3. Clemson vs 6. ALABAMA

4. Oregon vs 5. Oklahoma

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Or: Without a group of Five team: LSU Gets Georgia, 4 vs 5 gets ' Bama. Bama LSU wins, SEC Title game # 2, consolation Prize, national championship.

1. LSU vs 8. Minnesota * 1. LSU vs 7. GEORGIA * 1. LSU vs 7. ALABAMA

2. Ohio State vs 7. GEORGIA * 6. ALABAMA vs 5. Oklahoma * SEC NO DRAMA SEC OUTCOME

3. Clemson vs 6. ALABAMA

4. Oregon vs 5. Oklahoma

Adding four more teams would add teams who had enough flaws to get beat, the conference championship games should expose the four best teams, in conjunction with inter-conference games.
We must all accept, that there is no perfect solution and quit trying to include more, but less qualified teams.

in the past, only two teams were considered for a title game before that, Polls decided and often enough had separate champions.

Finally, my major issue was that Mr. Finebaum has been incessantly appearing on a multitude of sports forums, highlighting "how bad" Clemson is, and is not an elite team. No one is attacking the SEC, and it is certainly suspect, that a dyed in the wool SEC mouthpiece is attacking premier teams from other conferences to attempt to sway the CFP committee, which it appears he has been successful.
The heinous part, is that he is a mere fan, who has access to all the outlets that ESPN owns, and even appears on other networks, (CBS) to try to poison Clemson's performance.

I hope that provides more clarity. I am tired and it is late. I will keep brevity in mind on future issues. I just don't like all the negativity, that is being directed at the young men who work so hard to fulfill their dreams.

Purple paws are not recognized by Clemson University.***

Nov 10, 2019, 11:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Purple paws are not recognized by Clemson University.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:00 AM

Not sure how or where the purple paw came from.

The politics was just an example. Will refrain in the future. Have a good night all.

Nov 10, 2019, 11:08 PM

Please refrain from posting about politics on this board.

#lockhimup

Nov 11, 2019, 12:03 AM

The politics was just an example. Will refrain in the future. Have a good night all.

amen to that!***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: CFP Conspiracy ]

you did say “whilst” - I like that.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:13 AM

Nov 11, 2019, 4:48 AM

That post was laughably idiotic. There is no effort to keep us out. As a matter of fact, there is a clear path for us to get there and it is guaranteed. We win out and we are in. Its been that was since the poll came out.

This is exactly why I was against Finebaum being...

Nov 11, 2019, 7:36 AM

added to the playoff selection committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic