Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Final says #1 is significant because “no one wants to play Clemson”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

CFB Final says #1 is significant because “no one wants to play Clemson”

Nov 24, 2019, 2:44 AM

...in the #3 spot.

WAIT A MINUTE! If “no one wants to play Clemson (a team that has beat its last 6 opponents by 30 points or more)”

.....aren’t they making our case for us?

In reality, CLEMSON SHOULD BE #1!!!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFB Final says #1 is significant because “no one wants to play Clemson”

Nov 24, 2019, 2:55 AM

If Ohio State and LSU lose Clemson will be #1. It’s more likely to happen than not. Nothing would make me happier than to play our 1st playoff game in Atlanta!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 24, 2019, 3:57 AM

This Denver-based Tiger selfishly says “let’s go Fiesta Bowl!”

Last time I went down there was Clemson vs Ohio State...would love to see a repeat of teams & results!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 5:28 PM

You and me both. I sat with my OSU roommates from my time in Denver. Still own our house in Broomfield. We said we would always go if OSU and the Tigers met in the playoffs.

Man it felt like 70 / 30 OSU and that was on the Clemson side.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heather Makeusasandwich hinted at the same,

Nov 24, 2019, 4:49 AM

regarding Ohio State's position vs LSU's in the poll, meaning whoever is #2 will probably have to face Clemson.

The subtle dig was that tOSU wants no part of that!

Now, we have various ANALysts trying to cover their a.... by giving Clemson higher regard, exercises incredulous as they show a failure on the part of the so-called experts in the first place. Why? Because the D.A.'s failed to understand the M.O. of Dabo and Company.

Had they done what they are paid to do, each would have been more circumspect rather than rushing to negative, critical judgment. Joey Galloway tried to warn with his caveat, "The defending national champion...Clemson...should remain number one until they are beaten." Which is why I was incredulous when he finally caved a couple of weeks ago.

I prefer to remain cautious, because we still have two games left, and I refuse to claim victories until those are played...even though I expect wins. But I will add, from what I've seen in our probable opponents...LSU or Ohio State or both...both should be mightily worried to have to face this Clemson team. It could get ugly, very ugly, horrendously ugly....

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just the way I like it. Then they will realize there is stil

Nov 24, 2019, 5:05 AM

A big gap between the teams. They will have to earn it. The media can’t anoint the winner. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The media can't anoint the winner." Your statement

Nov 24, 2019, 5:20 AM

is one of the most insightful ones I've read...and one the media itself should adopt.

Well-stated, my Friend, well-stated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heather Makeusasandwich hinted at the same,

Nov 24, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Heather Makeusasandwich hinted at the same, ]

I agree with that Hartins, and I also believe we still can, and should, end up as the #1 team in CFP poll.
We’ve held all eleven of our opponents to under 300 yards of offense and if we can keep that going in the next 2 games along with our prolific scoring...being undefeated National Champions along with current ACC Champions could really pose a problem for the CFP Committee.
The 2 teams ahead of us can’t afford to have even a close game or they’re in peril of a drop since that precedent has already been set.
I’ve just got a feeling that somehow we will move up to where we belong and set a new record as the 1st #1 team to win the CFP.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic