Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Byrnes coach Leaving for Spartanburg High?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Byrnes coach Leaving for Spartanburg High?

Dec 14, 2012, 12:32 PM

Byrnes High football coach Chris Miller will leave the Rebels to take over at Spartanburg High, according to sources close to the situation.

Spartanburg High has scheduled a 5 p.m. press conference today to name its new head football coach.

Miller compiled a 78-11 record in six seasons as Byrnes’ head coach. The Rebels won four state championships (2007-08, 2010-11) and were runners-up in 2009 during Miller’s tenure.

Byrnes finished 11-3 this past season, falling 21-19 at Gaffney in the 4A Division I state semifinals.

Miller had a stint as head coach at Broome before coming to Byrnes in 2007. He has a career record of 113-43.

Miller previously served as an assistant coach under former Spartanburg coach Doc Davis and was part of the Vikings’ last state championship in 2001

Miller will replace Freddie Brown, who resigned last month after the Vikings finished 5-8 and reached the quarterfinals of the 4A Division I playoffs.

Check GoUpstate.com later for more on this developing story.
http://preps.goupstate.com/news/article/41068/sources-byrnes-football-coach-chris-miller-to-take-over-at-spartanburg-high/

Wonder if Bobby Bentley will take over as Head Coach again...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Byrnes coach Leaving for Spartanburg High?

Dec 14, 2012, 12:47 PM

I hope so...It'd be nice to see my old team return to past glory...been a rough few years for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Yes.***

Dec 14, 2012, 12:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...they'll probably just promote Bentley***

Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 14, 2012, 1:00 PM

According to 97.1 in Spartanburg Bentley was going to take a college job (this was reported 2 days ago)

Dec 14, 2012, 1:09 PM

Anonymous.....have you lost your mind. In Millers' 6 years at Byrnes he won 4 State Championships and 1 runner up in 2009.

Dec 22, 2011, 4:39 PM

if this is in response to my post....you obviously have issues with reading comprehension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

he must have been dying to get those facts out there***

Dec 14, 2012, 1:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

Dec 14, 2012, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Byrnes coach Leaving for Spartanburg High? ]

my apologies anonymous.. got a little jumpy when my friend for 50 years Chris Miller is changing jobs..You are getting one heck of a coach and i do hope Spartanburg returns to the glory yrs.. I remember the battles we had with Spartanburg while at an Wade Hampton alumni in the late 60's early 70's

Dec 14, 2012, 1:28 PM

NP, I'm excited. I played until '02 at SHS and we rarely lost. It's been a tough pill to swallow since then. Especially with the Doc Davis(great man) situation and I personally didn't like the Freddie Brown hire from the get go.

I agree and believe we are getting a great coach. He was an assistant at SHS for coach Davis when I was there. I hope he can create the same success he's had at Broome and Byrnes.

Dec 14, 2012, 2:01 PM

great coach..better person.. congrats

Head Coach Willy Korn

Dec 14, 2012, 1:20 PM

or at least OC and coach in waiting?????

Re: Head Coach Willy Korn- what happened w his football

Dec 14, 2012, 1:29 PM

career? didnt he sign with a semi pro or arena team during the season?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Head Coach Willy Korn- what happened w his football

Dec 14, 2012, 2:54 PM

yep AZ Rattlers

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic