Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions

Jan 17, 2017, 8:37 PM

Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions

The news that TigerNet brought you last Saturday has been confirmed: Mickey Conn has joined the Clemson football staff as one of the nine full-time assistant position coaches.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions

Jan 17, 2017, 8:44 PM

Idk about his coaching ability with corners but by god he better do his homework on the position. Mike Reed has done amazing there.

Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions

Jan 17, 2017, 9:47 PM

Are you really ?ings Dabo????

Jan 18, 2017, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

I will say this and believe it be the truth. If Dabo didn't feel that Conn could be an asset to his team, he would not be at Clemson this very second. I'm sure that most of you rember Dabo's good friend Billy Napier? Well he is coaching at Bama right now bc his good friend Dabo Swinney fired him bc he couldn't the job that Billy wanted, and that was to be prompted to Offensive coordinator. After 1 full year with Napier as OC, Dabo brought Chad Morris in and gave his friend a pink slip and a job at Clemson is only about Clemson and winning games and championships. He also said that the had nothing to do with friendships. If Conn can't do what Dabo expects him to do at the level he expects him to do it, Conn will get a pink slip also, and I'm absolutely positive that Dabo has already informed his friend of many years of that fact!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 8:44 PM

How confusing is the wording "he replaces Brooks but won't coach the defensive line"?

Jan 17, 2017, 8:54 PM

Very

Jan 17, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Sounds like he might be about to let Hobby coach the entire d line

Jan 17, 2017, 10:09 PM

One could assume that but I'd rather wait for Dabo to extinguish these NFL rumors before I pop any bottles! :)

Jan 17, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

> How confusing is the wording "he replaces Brooks but
> won't coach the defensive line"?
Like in baseball , you replace the pitcher and replace a position player and switch their position in the batting order. Not hard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2017, 12:54 AM

Literally the dumbest analogy I've seen to explain something all week... but it's only Wednesday I guess.

> Like in baseball , you replace the pitcher and replace a position player and switch their position in the batting order. Not hard.

Jan 17, 2017, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Totally agree! Who, then, will be coaching the DL? Dan Brooks has been "The Man" when it comes to getting it done on the DL, and I want that to continue. It is wonderful seeing opponents try all sorts of stuff, but failing miserably to be able to run the ball up the strength of our DL.

And, I'll go on and publically say right here that Dan Brooks has restored our DL back to the "Glory Days" of DL dominance at Clemson. He is as solid as it gets, and I wish him and his family nothing but the very best in his retirement. JMO

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what Reed thinks ?***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:55 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I wonder what Reed thinks ?***

Jan 17, 2017, 9:01 PM

i would think reed is happy.. getting sized for a natty ring.. and now he can concentrate one ONE position, CBs, instead of CB and S. yes, they're similar but there also differences in techniques between the positions. he can focus his teaching a little more, IMO.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo! Win ,win for all concerned.***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell you he's not happy about having to share

Jan 17, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to I wonder what Reed thinks ?*** ]

a hotel room with Conn when we're playing on the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I can tell you he's not happy about having to share

Jan 19, 2017, 12:10 AM

If nobody has ask him how he feels about sharing with Conn, and he hasn't voiced his opinion about it. I don't that any of has the right to try and place words of unhappyness coming out of his mouth when that maynot be his feelings at all. And I promise you that I'm not being a wise or a smat A$S to you, just saying that coach Reed maynot have a problem what so ever with sharing with any coach on the staff....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's hiring all his boys....Hall will be next.***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:59 PM

Turnipsedd was one of his best!*

Jan 17, 2017, 9:18 PM

Nm

Turnipseed****

Jan 17, 2017, 9:18 PM

Jan 17, 2017, 10:05 PM

I don't trust him. He left Grayson because he ran into trouble for illegally recruiting players. It seems as though he has a "win by any means necessary" agenda, and in my opinion that doesn't fit our culture. We win the right way. I hope Dabo keeps him on a tight leash

Dumb coot, surely you have a link to back up that lie.***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dumb coot, surely you have a link to back up that lie.***

Jan 17, 2017, 11:42 PM

I don't need a link buddy, just ask everyone on this board or in the state of GA. Every coach in the state of Georgia hates Conn. he's known for trying to recruit your best player at halftime

Jan 17, 2017, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Dumb coot, surely you have a link to back up that lie.*** ]

I don't need a link buddy, just ask everyone on this board or in the state of GA. Every coach in the state of Georgia hates Conn. he's known for trying to recruit your best player at halftime

I hope it's not true that he's hated by every coach in Georgia...

Jan 17, 2017, 11:56 PM

That certainly would not be good for our recruiting there!

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2017, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Dumb coot, surely you have a link to back up that lie.*** ]

> I don't need a link buddy, just ask everyone on this
> board or in the state of GA. Every coach in the state
> of Georgia hates Conn. he's known for trying to
> recruit your best player at halftime

Is there some guy with a rep like that in S. Carolina? Seems there's some name that begins with a "B". . . .

Anyway, I really don't think the coot staff need worry about our staff having much interest in their commits.

Not really, whatever ,akes you feel better.

Jan 18, 2017, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Dumb coot, surely you have a link to back up that lie.*** ]

Coots have a HC that's considered a joke throughout the state of Florida and Bentley REALLY is hated by most SC high schools coaches.

He was recruiting players to go to Grayson

Jan 17, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Which is pretty common but apparently he did it in a way that got him trouble. Hopefully he doesn't do anything in Amy kind of way to get us in trouble

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Damm autospell, "any"***

Jan 17, 2017, 11:24 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 18, 2017, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Like coots huh!!!

Jan 18, 2017, 11:03 AM

Darn, All Orange, you mean the Coots are cheating and they STILL SUCK that bad?! LOL!

Re: By Will Hammock - Gwinnett Daily Post - 7-13-16

Jan 18, 2017, 3:10 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Doesn't sound like a scandal to me.
The new job, and moving process, has been a welcome distraction to keep Conn’s mind off Grayson. He just closed on his house in Gwinnett, and he and his wife Halie just purchased a lot two doors down from Swinney in a Clemson neighborhood where many of the assistant coaches live.

That said, Conn can’t help but keep interest in Grayson, despite his best efforts to move on. His nephew is Grayson quarterback Chase Brice, also a Clemson commit, and he cares about all the others involved with his former program, too. He also hears about the large number of high-profile transfers into Grayson this offseason, probably the biggest storyline of the offseason in Georgia high school football.

“I’ve never been a big fan of (lots of transfers),” Conn said. “I’m about being loyal to your school. But parents have the right to do what they think is best for their kids. If they think that’s what is best and it’s within the rules, that’s their right. As a parent, I would want to do what’s best for my sons. I don’t like it because so many kids who have worked hard at Grayson to have an opportunity to play, then all of a sudden their time comes and somebody moves in and takes their spot. I hurt for that family. I know how much time they’ve invested. They’ve invested in the program and somebody comes in who may be a better player or athlete, but they haven’t invested anything in Grayson and they don’t understand what it means to put on that green and gold.

“The kids coming in are good kids from good families and I do get (why they’re moving). But I just feel bad for those kids who have invested so much. I do know those kids and I know they’ll fight for their jobs.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Jan 18, 2017, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

56-7

Jan 18, 2017, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

Dabo trusts him. He's played with him. I thought that the two hires 10 months ago were brilliant. He grabbed Conn as one of the best Defensive minds in HS football and Richardson from NW as one of the best Offensive minds. He knows his staff will be raided, but this way he has two coaches "in waiting". It's this type of move that cements him in my mind as great Head Coach.

Jan 20, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Conn hired, on the road recruiting as Swinney deals with staff questions ]

This is so untrue. Conn is one of the most respected High School coaches in the nation and a huge loss to Gwinnett County Football. Do some research and you will find that durning his years at Grayson almost every kid on his field played in his youth program from 6yrs-high school. He is about community and character and was an advocate for his players. Kids moved in this past year bc they have one of the best QB's in the nation, a Clemson commit, and they wanted to be a part of a winning program.

Jan 17, 2017, 10:06 PM

I hope he can do something to keep Hobby. Can't imagine what Hobby would want in Jacksonville other than more $? Responsibilities?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Super Bowl ring to go with his natty?

Jan 18, 2017, 7:19 AM

Hobby coached in the nfl briefly...maybe he wants another crack at it. Nothing wrong with ambition, imo.

That said, good luck getting a ring out of that dumpster fire in Jacksonville.

OK - good comments, guys, but this story definitely

Jan 18, 2017, 1:09 AM

needs some clarification and needs it NOW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK - good comments, guys, but this story definitely

Jan 18, 2017, 6:02 AM

Wow.....some coot stirs the pot and people get upset. Conn is a great addition to the staff. Period. He relates very well to high school kids and will be a benefit to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK - good comments, guys, but this story definitely

Jan 20, 2017, 12:33 PM

Agree! Awesome addition

Conn has really been practicing

Jan 18, 2017, 10:33 AM

getting the words "great," "learning" and "experience" worked into conversation. Man this crazy

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic