Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should we expect GT to be a walk in the park?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Should we expect GT to be a walk in the park?

Sep 16, 2018, 9:27 PM

I won’t lie I think we dominate the bumble bees. Our defense should overwhelm there offensive line. Expect GT to turn the ball over. But what I want to see is our offense get off to a faster start. Touchdown on the first drive no stalling out. 41-14 Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:29 PM

They just aren't a good football team. I'm sure they will be up for us, and Johnson will have a trick play or two up his sleeve, but we are way better than they are. I don't expect it to be closer than 14 at any point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Pretty much.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:31 PM

It has to be closer than 14 for at least a short while.

Nope, we start the game with 14.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:40 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Should we expect GT to be a walk in the park?

https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

DB23

Maybe not a walk, but no way GT scores more than 13.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait. Cawks play GT? No, not a cake walk. Is for

Sep 16, 2018, 9:32 PM

the Tigers, though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Wait. Cawks play GT? No, not a cake walk. Is for

Sep 16, 2018, 9:33 PM

Save the name calling for elementary school.

Bwak bwak bwak

Sep 16, 2018, 10:02 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Dabo-is-the-best-CEO-in-the-country-23734612

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bwak bwak bwak

Sep 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

That was not a negative post. Because of Dabo we have Brent Venables. I’m not big on Elliott and Scott play calling. So a better offensive coordinator would be nice. But I guess as long as we win it doesn’t matter

You’re not very good at this.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:27 PM

To quote you, “When we won the national championship it was because Deshaun Watson was pretty much all we had.”

The NFL draft disagrees with you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tigernet.com/amp/update/42-former-Clemson-players-on-NFL-rosters-30112

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PJ’s dreams have come true!

Sep 16, 2018, 9:32 PM

Dorian finally graduated.

So GT could score upwards to 17 or 21 points.

But Clemson will score in the 40s, so it won’t matter.

~JKB

gt sucks pj sucks and gt doesn't care they like sucking

Sep 16, 2018, 9:35 PM

the coots suck but it bothers the coots but they can't do anything about it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some will

Sep 16, 2018, 9:34 PM

you will know who they are midway through the game

they will be the ones whining about the football team on tnet

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yep, we should but that's probably not how it will go down.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:41 PM

Dabo and crew are building something, something which blowing people out does not include at this point in the season. They are building character, determination through hard minds and hard bodies.

I expect they will confound our players with liberal substitutions and confounding play calls just as they have for the past five or six years.

If our coaches put their best foot forward we'd stomp a greasy spot out of PJ's buttocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, we should but that's probably not how it will go down.

Sep 17, 2018, 2:20 PM

Paul Johnson isn't happy at all with his team's performance, especially their passing, so I expect him to come out firing on all cylinders so to speak. While he is currently supported by their AD if he has another losing season then I expect him to quietly be put on notice despite a four year extension to his contract. Tech fans look up at Clemson and across at Georgia and know they have absolutely no chance at competing as long as Johnson is their coach.

I expect Clemson to be tested, but by the half we figure out what works and then bury Tech in the third quarter and beyond. My initial thought is Clemson 45, Ga. Tech 17.

Go Tigers!

Sep 16, 2018, 9:49 PM

No

Re: Everyone team brings their A-game when they play Clemson

Sep 17, 2018, 12:18 AM

A highly ranked team never gets time off.

Weird stuff almost always happens when we play GT in ATL

Sep 17, 2018, 12:27 AM

Whatever you think the score will be you can probably count on it being 1-2 scores closer.

I don’t see us dominating anyone right now.

Sep 17, 2018, 12:41 AM

I’m not saying we won’t get there at some point, but GSU was a 2-10 team last year and we couldn’t consistently get a push on the DLine. Our QB is still a bit behind as well.

And our special team are special but not the good kind.

Again, not being pessimistic, but we have a ways to go.

I don’t see us dominating anyone right now.

Sep 17, 2018, 12:41 AM

I’m not saying we won’t get there at some point, but GSU was a 2-10 team last year and we couldn’t consistently get a push on the DLine. Our QB is still a bit behind as well.

And our special team are special but not the good kind.

Again, not being pessimistic, but we have a ways to go.

I no longer worry about GT like I used to

Sep 17, 2018, 7:21 AM

Primarily because Venables has their number. He knows how to beat them, and how to beat them badly. It helps that GT sucks this year already. Not too worried about this game.

I'm not gonna lie...

Sep 17, 2018, 7:59 AM

bad eyes in the secondary concerns me.

The DB's have to be more disciplined this week and not get torched by a RB sneaking out of the backfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm not gonna lie...

Sep 17, 2018, 8:10 AM

My thoughts exactly. And it doesnt seem to improve. It just happens over and over with a few people. Giving up chunk plays could keep GT cloase. We need to avoid that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:11 AM

No, Grant Field historically has never been kind to us. Never underestimate your opponent. We can and should win, but everyone (coaches too) needs to get their head in the game and play for four quarters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:17 AM

No. Consider every opponent as an equal and play to our potential. That should tell us what type of team we have.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 9:55 AM

If anyone on our team is walking, Dabo is not going to be pleased.

Not unless the park is Jurassic Park.

Sep 17, 2018, 12:54 PM

Booby Dodd has always been a House of Horrors for us. I STILL remember the game where they fumbled, kicked it ahead into the end zone, and then fell on it for a touchdown to beat us 33-28 back when I was at Clemson. My only "away" game, other than Coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic