Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which board is appropriate for non-sports, non-Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Which board is appropriate for non-sports, non-Clemson

Sep 22, 2020, 6:49 PM

topics? I need some technology advice and don’t want to get put in timeout for posting on the wrong board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which board is appropriate for non-sports, non-Clemson

Sep 22, 2020, 7:38 PM

You’re soaking in it. Amphitheatre. Although it’s supposed to Clemson related.
There’s always the Lunge but then decent folks will never see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Which board is appropriate for non-sports, non-Clemson

Sep 22, 2020, 8:01 PM

Tell us what’s on your mind dsgriff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buying a cabin in the foothills and struggling to find

Sep 22, 2020, 8:06 PM

affordable TV and internet options for what will be a second home. No cable, no fiber optics, poor cell reception. I have heard horrible things about Hughesnet, and it is expensive plus requires a two year commitment. I have past experience with DirecTV and it has similar issues.

Any of you Upstaters live in a remote area and found yourself in a similar situation? I would love to hear any suggestions.

Re: Buying a cabin in the foothills and struggling to find

Sep 22, 2020, 8:45 PM

https://www.starlink.com

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 22, 2020, 9:28 PM

Did you get paid for that post?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 9:43 PM

No. Don’t even know if it’s operational yet. But if they are going to ruin the dark skies for astronomers, might as well use it.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Buying a cabin in the foothills and struggling to find ]

Dsgriff, I like your posts and consider us friends. I do not have any useful suggestions, but from me to you, congrats on the second home. I’m jealous. I’m glad you are doing well.

Now, how bout an invite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha, not even closing for another week

Sep 23, 2020, 6:01 AM

But you are welcome any time...just leave your devices at home ;)

And thanks for your post. Very nice thing to say! Go Tigers!

Unfortunately if there is no cable, no fiber, and poor cell

Sep 23, 2020, 6:50 AM

coverage at your cabin's location your options are going to be very limited. Your only real option for any TV will be over the air (probably poor reception due to location) or Satellite (DirecTV or Dish Network). You will have even less choices when it comes to Internet. The promise of 5G is that it will eventually bring high speed data to remote locations but that it is far from being implemented.

As far as TV goes - Dish Network used to have a "pay as you go" or "month to month" packages to where you only paid for the service while you used it - don't know if that is still the case.

Hesitate to mention this but... if you bought a cabin away from the rigors of "civilization" perhaps ditch the TV and Internet and use the old fashioned radio for news/entertainment. You may find you enjoy being unplugged while you are there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic