Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Andy didn’t carry a gun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 600

Andy didn’t carry a gun

Feb 19, 2018, 9:09 AM

and Barney kept his bullet in his pocket. It’s funny most of the conservatives want to go back to the Mayberry days but think citizens should be toting around military grade rifles. Smh....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe because the days of Mayberry are gone in their,,,,

Feb 19, 2018, 9:14 AM

minds, so they feel more need to be prepared for all the terrible in the world.

Re: Andy didn’t carry a gun

Feb 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

1. It was a show.

2. Law enforcement was armed in those "Mayberry" days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unplug the internet. Done.***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Andy was a commie libertard who hated America.

Feb 19, 2018, 9:22 AM

Purplegunstock would agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fer9ql7itc

Re: Andy was a commie libertard who hated America.

Feb 20, 2018, 8:49 PM

Just so you know it good ole Sheriff, Andy Taylor, was a life long Democrat and supported numerous radical left wing politicians.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awfully early to be drunk, but I guess I won't judge***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

Yes because Mayberry = real life....

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Don't forget Ozzie and Harriet and Leave It to Beaver

Feb 19, 2018, 9:30 AM

And I Love Lucy as well. Gee, everything was just swell back then.

What is actually apparent is a polar shift in the media/entertainment/culture in general. Back then things were nowhere near as good as TV and the media portrayed. And today things are nowhere near as bad as TV and media portray.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Points made based on fictional tv shows are powerful!***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Points made based on fictional tv shows are powerful!***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:37 AM

You got that right!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0971731616/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1519050719&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mayberry+bible+study&dpPl=1&dpID=519S876R4KL&ref=plSrch

wait...are you suggesting that since...

Feb 19, 2018, 10:09 AM

someone made a Bible study based on the lessons in the stories in Andy Griffith Show that makes the fact the Andy didn't carry a gun germane to the current gun control / violence discussion?

times werent as peaceful as Mayberry nor as deadly as

Feb 19, 2018, 11:20 AM

Westerns on TV

TV is a caricature of society ya know......

What's amazing about how brave Andy Taylor was,....

Feb 19, 2018, 11:31 AM

is that he would walk around as a fake Sheriff, with no gun, on the set of the show filmed in Culver City, California.

Re: times werent as peaceful as Mayberry nor as deadly as

Feb 19, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to times werent as peaceful as Mayberry nor as deadly as ]

Idk....if I’ve heard it once I’ve heard it a thousand times.....”used to we didn’t even lock our doors at night”.

You’re right though the world was just as bad 50 years ago people in small towns just didn’t hear about it.

For some people Mayberry was reality.

I personally do not want to go back to the Mayberry days

Feb 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

I want to go back to 1862 and ensure Special Order 191 is never found by the Union forces.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

TIL about Special Order 191

Feb 19, 2018, 12:51 PM

Never heard this before. Still okay with the results.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Was a KA at State^^^^^***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I personally do not want to go back to the Mayberry days ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they did ride around with them in their trucks

Feb 19, 2018, 8:14 PM

and they had them right there in the open floor of the sheriff's office. Not even locked up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: But they did ride around with them in their trucks

Feb 19, 2018, 9:59 PM

They didn’t have AR-15’s though and the one tear gas bomb they had Andy lost....

Hey I’m cool with shotguns and rifles. I own several guns myself but there is no reason for a citizen to have these high powered assault rifles.

Feb 20, 2018, 1:06 PM

You own "several guns" and yet you call a .223 a "high powered rifle"? It barely meets the SAAMI ammunition specs for a medium power game cartridge.

I call BS.

Feb 20, 2018, 6:04 PM

Sorry didn’t realize you had to be a firearm expert to own a couple shotguns, a 30-06 and a .40 caliber handgun.

Feb 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

If you don't understand that a .223 is a small game cartridge and the .30-06 is a high powered cartridge, then you clearly have no knowledge of firearms.

I question your claim that you own any guns frankly.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:42 PM

I will readily admit I have very limited knowledge of firearms. I do have a CWP, I know how to use my .40 caliber which I have on the dresser for protection. It hasn't been shot since the class and most likely never will again. I've shot multiple deer with my 12 gauge pump and .30-06. Outside of loading them and pointing at a deer I have know nothing about guns.

But I don't need to know much to recognize that in this day and age citizens shouldn't be able to get their hands on weapons capable of causing the kind of damage we've seen. A mass shooter wouldn't be able to get but a handful at most with one of the guns I own....

Feb 20, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: But they did ride around with them in their trucks ]

Your brothers and sisters of the anti-gun movement would call you a anarchist. Just thought I would pass that along.

Aunt Bea

Feb 20, 2018, 11:50 AM

was a saucy vixen.

Feb 20, 2018, 12:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 1:05 PM

At the same time of Mayberry, Clint Eastwood was blasting outlaws with his .44 Navy, John Wayne was blasting bandits with his .45-70 bear gun, and M.A.S.H was blasting North Koreans with M-16's and MA Deuce .50 caliber machine guns and napalm. And dont get me started on the WW2 flicks.

So, what about those "good ole days"?

Feb 20, 2018, 6:16 PM

Those movies were set in the 1800s.

The Andy Griffith show was reality for the majority of people growing up in the south in the 60s.

Replies: 28
| visibility 600
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic