Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football

Sep 15, 2020, 8:13 PM

LOL don't miss it a bit

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/monday_night_football_week_1_doubleheader_ratings_way_down/s1_12680_32869118

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative.

Sep 15, 2020, 8:24 PM

Table attached from Statista.

NFL ratings have generally been going down since the peak a little after 2010.

Losing people on this board, most over the age of 60, is not really going to hurt them too much in the long run.

They are a business and they know the future of their revenue is with people currently between the ages of 25 and 45.

Sports viewership in general is down, younger folks just are not that interested in sitting down for 3 hours to watch a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

No, you are trying to defend BS

Sep 15, 2020, 8:42 PM

.pushing a narrative, trending downward is NOT a 25-38% DROP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your graph says otherwise

Sep 15, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

Based on that graph ratings were flat from 2010 to 2015 with a less than ten percent drop off from 2015 to 2019. IF the ratings drops from this weekend hold up through the year that would put the number for 2020 somewhere between a 11 and 13. That moves the needle.

We are in the Golden Age of Clemson Football and we can't

Sep 15, 2020, 8:56 PM

quite fill the stadium, especially the student section.

And we are sports crazy school, with passionate fans.

People have WAAAAYYYYY more options with how to spend their viewing time than when I was growing up.

I like the NBA, but I am currently watching YouTube and typing away on TigerNet, not watching the playoffs. I might tune in later, but it is just a different time now, and for younger people even more so.

Correlation does not imply causation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

You are correct in some of your points

Sep 15, 2020, 10:03 PM

But the fact remains that the ratings statistics you provided don’t support them.

Peak was 17.9 million viewers in 2010

Sep 15, 2020, 10:08 PM

It has been less than that 8 out of the last 9 years.

Here is a graph

Sep 15, 2020, 10:16 PM

Re: Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative.

Sep 15, 2020, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

Sep 15, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

https://youtu.be/sR3ltbM699k.......no he's not

Message was edited by: spiderman_x10®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

"Losing people on this board, most over the age of 60, is not really going to hurt them too much in the long run. They are a business and they know the future of their revenue is with people currently between the ages of 25 and 45.... younger folks just are not that interested in sitting down for 3 hours to watch a game." Hmmm...you reference 60(+) old people to whom a 25-45 year old is a youth (which they truly are. (Well, maybe not a 45 yr. old...)) However, if this is true, I'm afraid the "future" of their revenue is looking rather grim.

Go Tigers!!!

If I were MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. I would definitely be

Sep 15, 2020, 9:43 PM

worried about long term prospects. Although, I doubt they really think about it. They are focused on the here and now.

These leagues make so-much-money. It is hard for us to fathom.

Sep 16, 2020, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

im 32.. I wont watch the NFL again. lots of people i know in my age range who feel the same way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Sep 16, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

It seems to me the decrease started about the same time ol' Kapperneck
started kneeling. Could be some correlation IDK

Sep 16, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Not accurate, you are trying to fit a narrative. ]

The 30 under age group is more concerned with tic tok and BLM than sports.

But, the Saint & the Bucs

Sep 15, 2020, 8:40 PM

LOL

Re: But, the Saint & the Bucs

Sep 15, 2020, 8:56 PM

Brady's also one of the only players who spoke up against

Sep 15, 2020, 8:58 PM

this crap.

Re: Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football

Sep 15, 2020, 10:39 PM

From what I see, the NFL and the NBA are losing, and golf is surging.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:49 PM

ClemTig® said:

From what I see, the NFL and the NBA are losing, and golf is surging.

Well you know how white people are when their entertainment starts talking back and having ideas and such.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 11:02 PM

Disrespecting the flag and the anthem is their right. I don’t choose to support that with my dollars. They can forfeit my dollars and carry on. It’s a choice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 2:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football ]

So awesome.

Can't explain it, but I've been much more interested in golf

Sep 16, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football ]

this year than usual.

I've watched about the same NFL as usual (parts of several games)

I've watched about the same NBA as usual (none)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 2:28 AM

Here is the narrative, don’t f Ing watch if you don’t want. They are still pulling in 25.8 mil for the saints bucs game. People don’t want to watch the broncos and giants? imagine that. I watched DW4, the Seahawks and the Titians. heat Celtics game was awesome and I loved watching Murray and the joker take Down Paul George, if you don’t wanna watch sit home and talk with your wife Karen for hours on end and get all bent outta shape about people wanting equality, cause that’s woke.

Sep 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

Woke, indeed...sheesh...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have news for you.

Sep 16, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Woke Go Broke Monday Night Football ]

Wanting special privileges for one race at the exclusion of others is RACISM.

The messaging from Black Lives Matter is that black people are victims, mostly as a result of white people generally being racist and evil, which has created “systemic racism” in government, corporate America, and society at large.

That’s a load of B.S. White people aren’t holding black people back. What’s holding black people back is a lack of educational attainment, a higher propensity toward crime, a lack of intact mother-father households, and a lack of positive role models (especially as it pertains to black males). And if you really want to talk about harming black people, let’s discuss the many thousands of abortions performed on black babies each year.

Finally, liberal policies are harming black people as well. Many government programs such as food stamps and welfare are not used as temporary assistance as they were intended, but as a lifestyle. This is discouraging people from supporting themselves and taking responsibility. Open borders don’t help black people either, as many hard working immigrants are more than willing to take jobs that could help an underprivileged black person to improve their life.

Those things should be addressed before I’m willing to be lectured to about how horrible white people are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 16, 2020, 12:52 PM

Me either. Love seeing them sleep in the bed they made. Does my heart good.

Sep 16, 2020, 1:02 PM

Hahahahaha....I love pulling for a couple hundred thousand people to have their lives destroyed with no jobs and misery. Hahaha. Heck yeah! Hope the NFL is destroyed. Trump 2020 MAGA

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic