Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So much for the coots "financial advantage", they aren't...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

So much for the coots "financial advantage", they aren't...

Dec 31, 2013, 5:19 AM

even in the top 40 in ESPN's current recruiting rankings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings/_/class/2014/date/20131228

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What we may be seeing is the slide, for the coots.

Dec 31, 2013, 7:13 AM

Recruits may begin to wonder just how much longer Spurrier will wallow around in 4th or 5th place, in the league. And facilities? Just how much can they polish that turd?

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

King79 you must be an ESPN insider

Dec 31, 2013, 8:24 AM

That linky doesn't work for us poor folks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too much emphasis placed on rankings

Dec 31, 2013, 8:48 AM

They have a pretty decent class this year. Granted, ours is much better. If you think they are sliding though, look at their 2015 class, it is already shaping up to be pretty impressive. I know 2015 is a long way away, and they won't necessarily keep all these guys, but for the time being they have about 3-4 four stars and a 5 star, so they are doing alright.

The simple fact of the matter is that we need to start beating them, period. I don't care if we out-rank them in recruiting every year, we still have to win in November.

2015 for Clemson is going to be huge

Dec 31, 2013, 8:54 AM

It's going to be a massive haul.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

we arent done recruiting

Dec 31, 2013, 8:51 AM

Dj smith, dexger wideman, wesley green are all 4* that should fall to usc and damian prince, a 5* lineman is trending our way.

Once the clearinghouse shakes out, you'll get some

Dec 31, 2013, 8:56 AM

bone heads.

Re: we arent done recruiting

Dec 31, 2013, 8:59 AM [ in reply to we arent done recruiting ]

Wideman wont qualify!!

D Prince.....Maryland Lock!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prince is heading to Miami.***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:08 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Won't qualify? At cootU? Really?***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: we arent done recruiting ]

Re: You have to try real hard not to***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:20 AM

Wideman is committed to FSU right now.

Dec 31, 2013, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: we arent done recruiting ]

Where are you getting your info?

Wideman does not have a pulse coot ?

Dec 31, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: we arent done recruiting ]

The only requirement to get in USCheat.

Re: we arent done recruiting

Dec 31, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to we arent done recruiting ]

Wideman and Prince are long shots for y'all.

Re: Not locks.....but definitely not long shots either.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:19 PM

Very good chance at getting both.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: So much for the coots "financial advantage", they aren't...

Dec 31, 2013, 8:59 AM

We prefer to compare our team to yours with the scoreboard rather than the recruiting ranking. If we use recruiting rankings you just won 4 in a row. If we use the scoreboard we just won 5 in a row.

Dec 31, 2013, 9:00 AM

Good one. We prefer to talk about the entire history of both programs.

coot football started in 2009. Didn't you hear?***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:08 AM

Dec 31, 2013, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So much for the coots "financial advantage", they aren't... ]

No worries then, you are still ahead of us in that department. I still prefer being better on the scoreboard.

I hope you stay comfortable with your history just like UGA did after Spurrier ran off his first 7 in a row against them. I think that series was 43-22 when he got to Gainesville. When he left it was 44-33. And though not as dominant, they are still 7-5 since he left. But your history doesn't really hurt my feelings too much as we play for our 3rd straight 11 win season and 3rd straight top 10 finish.

Programs are judged on Championships - not the number of....

Dec 31, 2013, 12:20 PM

times you have beaten your rival. Of course, we are way ahead on both counts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2013, 9:16 AM

I think that financial advantage would be more conference oriented, such as TV deals, league publicity and national perception. That certainly should affect the recruiting process! However, I'm pretty sure that Dabo and his staff have bested Spurrier in recruiting classes for at least four of the past five years.

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:50 AM

Dec 31, 2013, 9:19 AM

Grasping at straws again.....we have only 5 seniors...very few spots available....check out the rating per player and not the overall class. The kids coming in will join a very strong group and even though this class will be short in overall numbers ( hence the low rating ) the kids themselves are very good. I love the way this class looks and I am not stupid enough to misread an overall class size numbers game into a failed class. We have higher rated kids already on campus to fill that void. Nice try though !

Michigan is in top 20

Dec 31, 2013, 9:23 AM

with only 16 committs

Re: Michigan is in top 20

Dec 31, 2013, 9:52 AM

Since you don't seem to understand what I am saying...here it is in black and white per rivals....the last being the overall per rating...per player....

# 15 Clemson 18 1 6 10 3.39

# 29 South Carolina 16 0 8 3.5

# 20 Michigan 16 1 6 3.44

Our players are rated higher than Clemson and Michigan. We just needed fewer players this year. We are already stacked.

Still doesn't make sense

Dec 31, 2013, 10:01 AM

Michigan has the same amount of committs but ranked higher. Clemson has two more commits and ranked 15 spots higher. Whatever makes you happy.

Re: Still doesn't make sense

Dec 31, 2013, 10:32 AM

Don't confuse you with the facts...your mind is made up...OK.

But really Clemson is the least of your worries.

Dec 31, 2013, 10:36 AM

Tennessee, UGA, Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt are cleaning house.

Also, LSU, Alabama are going to be ridiculous again.

And don't forget about Texas A&M and Auburn.

I'm not sure where Missouri ranks but at least you know you're on par with them.

Re: But really Clemson is the least of your worries.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:15 PM

They needed the extra players....we already have them. You just don't get it do you ? You guys are not going to beat us on this incoming class. You need to worry about the players returning, not players that will sign this year. We will take a full haul in 2015 and that is already shaping up to be one of the best in the country. It's nice to think things are one way....but in reality....they are another way. You can always fall back on those proxy wins. Stop thinking about head to head games with us and just talk about Tennessee....Georgia....things like that. I think it makes you guys feel better anyway.

Our 2015 haul is going to be huge as well.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:17 PM

I'm guessing the best class for Dabo ever.

You've already had kids decomiitt from 2015

By your logic Alabama and LSU should have down years.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: But really Clemson is the least of your worries. ]

But every year they are in the top ten in recruiting. Makes no sense.

I wouldn't say you aren't losing a lot

Dec 31, 2013, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: But really Clemson is the least of your worries. ]

You are losing your 3 best defensive linemen, you lose both starting corners (if Hampton declares, which is likely), a starting guard (potentially both guards if Cann declares, and he is also your best Olineman period), possibly your best receiver in Ellington, and Connor Shaw - who in my opinion is the best Gamecock QB in recent memory.

That is going to hurt... bad. We are in the same boat, we are losing Tajh and Sammy, Shuey, Robinson, B. Thomas, Shatley, and possibly Vic, Martavis, Anthony, and Breeland. I think Anthony and Breeland will come back, and possibly even Vic and Martavis, but that is going to hurt us as well. I just think we have higher level talent to fill the void then you guys do. Either way, I think both programs will probably take a temporary step backwards next year.

I think we'll be better next year, personally.***

Dec 31, 2013, 12:46 PM

Re: I think we'll be better next year, personally.***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:02 PM

And that is certainly possible. But we are very much going to miss Tajh and Sammy. VERY MUCH. It is unreasonable to think Stoudt, Kelly, or Watson could fill the shoes of a 3 year All American starter flawlessly in their first year. And talent like Watkins is very rare to come by. It is also going to hurt losing Brandon Thomas and Tyler Shatley - they are arguably our two best offensive lineman. I think our running game will be improved when you throw Dye and Gallman in the fold with Brooks. Adam Choice may be a day 1 gamer as well. Either way, I think we lose a good bit on offense.

As for defense, I think we could be better next year. If we lose Vic that will hurt, be our defensive line is stacked with talent across the board. Losing Shuey hurts as well, he has been huge for us the past two seasons. I do think Boulware fits into the same mold as Shuey though, and we definitely have talent at that position (Steward, O' Daniel, K. Jones come to mind), and we have a pretty good haul of freshman (Rogers, Register, Joseph). As long as we don't lose Anthony too, we will be find. We lose Robinson at corner, but with our haul last year, I think we can replace him with someone more talented.

One of our biggest loses will be Catman. Dude is absolutely clutch and one of the best in the country. I don't know, we could be better, could be worse, time will tell.

We'll miss Watkins the most.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:13 PM

I'm not worried about QB in the slightest.

Re: I wouldn't say you aren't losing a lot

Dec 31, 2013, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say you aren't losing a lot ]

actually SC has higher level more talented replacements than does clem5on.

The tigers will step back next year. SC won't step back. A potent ground game with an excellent o-line and one of the best backs in the country will ensure that.

Your Defense and QB will suck.***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:45 PM

Re: But really Clemson is the least of your worries.

Dec 31, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to But really Clemson is the least of your worries. ]

You are dead right about one thing. clem5on is definitely the least of SC's worries.

Wish our great recruiting resulted in more wins agains SC***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:39 AM

Re: Wish our great recruiting resulted in more wins agains SC***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:12 AM

I think their recent advantage is twofold: 1) coaching recruits, esp. the first two years on campus, and getting them ready to play well quickly. 2) The advantage up in the box, or on the sidelines, if you prefer....play-calling on both sides of the ball.

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 31, 2013, 11:51 AM

I don't believe anyone is disagreeing that Dabo

Dec 31, 2013, 9:58 AM

Is an amazing recruiter. He's going to continue to recruit top classes.

That's why I laugh at some clemson fans not giving dabo the credit he deserves. I don't think Chad Morris would be as successful without the talent dabo brings in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Idiots laughing at idiots. Sweet***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:14 AM

Now

Dec 31, 2013, 10:15 AM

That the dandy dozen has fully cycled out, and grandmaster shaw and lead foot clowney are gone, you'll really see Clemson's talent shine through. Both our lines played better in November, and coots will have to replace a ton in defensive backfield. We have to stop the cutesy play calling and turnovers and knock their ##### in the dirt in 2014.

We played better on both lines this year.***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:17 AM

Better on both lines?

Dec 31, 2013, 10:25 AM

Based on what?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on gashing the shat out of 'em, in between turnovers.***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:33 AM

We lead in every stat except Score and Turnovers.***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:36 AM

tiger

Dec 31, 2013, 1:24 PM

Hit the libks nd get back to form bc you have no idea what you are talking about here. If you pride yourself on having a higher recruiting class then awesome. All of these big time 4* and 5* recruits havent done anything against USC, not one!

tiger

Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 PM

Hit the links and get back to form bc you have no idea what you are talking about here. If you pride yourself on having a higher recruiting class then awesome. All of these big time 4* and 5* recruits havent done anything against USC, not one! $100 says Wideman flips to the Gamecocks. Put $$$ where your mouth is.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:34 PM

Actually I think the coots land prince. Marlands ol coach was just fired. The coots are number to and he hasnt even visited. Not a long shot by any means.

Dec 31, 2013, 1:41 PM

And no I did not go to coot u. I typed that on the phone. Sorry about all the grammatical errors.

Our QB will suck?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:47 PM

Didn't he beat Clemson already?

Sure. But I doubt he'll be the starter by the time y'all

Dec 31, 2013, 1:48 PM

play us again next year

who is that in 30th place then

Dec 31, 2013, 2:07 PM

When all is said and done, we'll rank real close to Clemson in recruiting. ESPN is by far the worst recruiting site.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic