Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk's Reason for not mentioning Clemson as his school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Nuk's Reason for not mentioning Clemson as his school

Jun 9, 2020, 12:41 AM

Then give back the scholarship money and perks - this is truly out of hand.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/de-andre-hopkins-doesnt-name-clemson-in-player-intros-because-of-slave-advocate-associated-with-school-010232244.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here...

Jun 9, 2020, 1:06 AM

Just sayin', it's easy to have all these ideals when you don't need Clemson anymore. Where was that principal 10yrs ago? I respect what he has to say, but it's hard ot put much stock into how sincere he is about it because of what I just mentioned. It sounds more like he wants to piggyback off of recent racial tension after Floyd.

Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here...

Jun 9, 2020, 2:30 AM

He chose Clemson to be close to his family. He owes
neither you or Clemson a #### thing regardless of if he ever mentions the school ever again.

Ridiculous to think he must bow down to the university now that he’s gone and doesn’t agree with honoring Pitchfork Tillman. He could have went anywhere and his talent and work ethic would have gotten him the exact same success he has now.

Trying to fight this wave of anti-racism will not end well for those choosing to fight for the status quo.

Jun 9, 2020, 2:45 AM

Hmmm. So lets say we change tillman halls name. Ok. What then? Whats next? Do we keep going? How far? When is it enough? If we change a thousand names, did that fix racism?

What about other peoples thoughts on the matter that might disagree? Does their opinions mean less?

Did changing the name of tillman hall somehow bring us all together? If so, heck yeah lets change it. Im guessing it wont. If it would id be the first person all for it.

Racism is faught in the heart. If you want to change things you do it with love, forgiveness, acceptance and tolerance. Not in demanding things.

Jun 9, 2020, 3:33 AM

Empathy toward the students walking past Tillman every day? Could we just do that? Does that hurt any white folks? Really hurt them?

#### white people and their...shuffles cards...buildings.***

Jun 9, 2020, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

chef's kiss***

Jun 9, 2020, 11:58 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

It hurts their "pride" because they don't get to control #### anymore.

On the flip side, does not changing the name...

Jun 9, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

Does that hurt any black folks? Really hurt them?

Im pretty sure we all agree slavery is evil. We dont want it back. Rights should be equal. But the name changing and statue removals seems so much. What would it change and where would it stop?

Jun 9, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

While we're at it, why not change the face of U.S. history and such.
Many of our forefathers committed racial sins from their ignorance. Should we destroy their statues and omit them from our history books and so forth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So anyone who disagrees with his stance is honoring

Jun 9, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

Tillman?

It’s the name of a dude who helped Clemson survive when it was on the chopping block. Without him, there would be no Clemson. Once again. It’s a name.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So anyone who disagrees with his stance is honoring

Jun 9, 2020, 8:32 AM

I prefer its original name of Old Main and would happily back the BOT if they opted to return Tillman Hall to its original status.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the name Old Main too.***

Jun 9, 2020, 10:28 AM

Re: So anyone who disagrees with his stance is honoring

Jun 9, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to So anyone who disagrees with his stance is honoring ]

And if there was no Clemson, we'd all be fans/alumni of another school. Stop acting like it really matters that much

Stop acting like Clemson matters?

Jun 9, 2020, 10:31 AM

The opportunities I've been fortunate to have had at Clemson have been beyond rewarding for me. I wouldn't trade it for anything much less imagine a world where Clemson University didn't exist.

I'm sorry you haven't had the same experience.

Jun 9, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

We will never know if he would have become the man he is today had he gone to another university.

But having been born in the US has provided him opportunities he would not have had living on the African continent or China, France or Germany.

The grass is not always greener somewhere else. It's about time we realize that.

Jun 9, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

Im not expecting him to bow down. And he couldve gone anywhere and been a success. But he didnt, did he. He came to Clemson. Its just odd to me that someone who feels so strongly about a matter that they would practically disown their school, would ignore that matter for the sake of a convenient drive home. It sounds like he only takes real issue with the school when its convenient for him. If it were me, I wouldnt have gone to a school that I had that much issue with.

And he doesnt owe me an explanation. I havent asked him for one. Just voicing my opinion on the matter and why I personally dont take it serious.

Perhaps he’s grown as a person from H.S. to

Jun 9, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to But he had no problem taking that scholarship money here... ]

now. Imagine that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps he’s grown as a person from H.S. to

Jun 9, 2020, 12:19 PM

Possibly. He must've grown since his statement about being in Sammy's shadow, too, because that was his first reason for not claiming Clemson. It sounds more like he's grandstanding to the "woke" crowd right now.

No, it wasn’t. He said that but didn’t attribute that to not

Jun 9, 2020, 1:59 PM

claiming Clemson. That was assumed by many on this board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it wasn’t. He said that but didn’t attribute that to not

Jun 9, 2020, 9:00 PM

here....from his own mouth. Hate to repost, but the truth is the truth and should be known!

https://wach.com/sports/clemson-tigers/deandre-hopkins-wasnt-happy-with-clemson-experience

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk's Reason for not mentioning Clemson as his school

Jun 9, 2020, 3:36 AM

Not out of hand at all. Nukes reality. Don’t be insensitive or blind to his journey.

Jun 9, 2020, 4:22 AM

Nuk has a point and you should not attack him. It is ridiculous saying "Well you were happy to take the scholorship.." Clemson gained a lot from Nuk being here. Just remeber 4th and 16. Everybody has diffent life experiences and it's good to try to open your world view and understand other people perspectives.

First, who attacked him?

Jun 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

Second, can I have a slice of that multimillionaire life experience?

Jun 9, 2020, 5:54 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with what he just said IF he had not been saying this all along.......

https://wach.com/sports/clemson-tigers/deandre-hopkins-wasnt-happy-with-clemson-experience

Can't have it both ways!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s too bad he felt that way but it’s important

Jun 9, 2020, 11:20 AM

To remember, feelings aren’t always facts. He really needs to get over it, it seems childish and the root problem was Sammy won the popularity contest.

I hope Nuk can move past this and appreciate how the situation at Clemson gave him extra motivation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s too bad he felt that way but it’s important

Jun 9, 2020, 1:59 PM

Yep Nuk May be the man in the NFL but history will always show Nuk lived in Sammy’s shadow while at Clemson ....no matter what he does he can’t change that.....might as well get over it and move on down the road Jack.....Go Tigers!!!!

Seems that he wanted top-billing at Clemson and didn't get

Jun 9, 2020, 8:06 AM

it like he wanted, in his mind. He led the team in receptions in 2010 (52). He did have to deal with Kyle Parker at QB that year. Then Watkins arrived with all the hype (and Tajh at QB). I think that's what ticked him off. Catches went up in 2011 to 72, but fewer than Sammy and Sammy was getting to run it as well. In 2012 he killed it with 82 catches and a ton of TDs, MUCH better than Sammy. He was The Man that year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I kinda feel like Nuk is still a little bitter about

Jun 9, 2020, 11:01 AM

the Miyagi methods Dabo and company utilize to get players to break through their ceilings and achieve performance levels they didn't know they had in them. Glad it's been working out for him just the same - love watching this dude play ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great fb player and fantastic hands - GO TIGERS***

Jun 9, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, nobody had an issue with 4th and 16?

Jun 9, 2020, 12:34 PM

Now he has to give up his Scholly money for speaking his mind?

Tough crowd.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic