Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is domination ... in spite of the little streaks on each end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

This is domination ... in spite of the little streaks on each end

Aug 12, 2013, 11:22 PM

68 - L
69 - L
70 - L
======
71 - W
72 - W
73 - L
74 - W
75 - L
76 - W
77 - W
78 - W
79 - L
80 - W
81 - W
82 - W
83 - W
84 - L
85 - W
86 - T
87 - L
88 - W
89 - W
90 - W
91 - W
92 - L
93 - W
94 - L
95 - W
96 - L
97 - W
98 - W
99 - W
00 - W
01 - L
02 - W
03 - W
04 - W
05 - W
06 - L
07 - W
08 - W
======
09 - L
10 - L
11 - L
12 - L

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but, but....

Aug 13, 2013, 5:49 AM

but NOTHING!!

We still OWN the Coots!!!
Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But, but, but....

Aug 13, 2013, 7:24 AM

No, the coots have owned us for the last 4 years. Denying it doesn't change it, only winning does.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know about you, but my memory is longer

Aug 13, 2013, 12:40 PM

than four years. Too bad many have chicken brains.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Don't know about you, but my memory is longer

Aug 13, 2013, 4:09 PM

Okay, I'll play. If the Gamecocks win the next 6 in a row to have a consecutive win streak of 10; the tigers will still have a comfortable lead in the overall series. Would we still be talking about domination then or would your memory start to fail you?

No ...***

Aug 13, 2013, 4:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Own them? Yes, but.......

Aug 13, 2013, 11:51 AM [ in reply to But, but, but.... ]

I think they've been doubling up on their payments for the past four years!

But I thought football only started in 2009!

Aug 13, 2013, 7:25 AM

How come you go all the way back to '68?

Re: But I thought football only started in 2009!

Aug 13, 2013, 8:06 AM

Because going back further make it even worse for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 8:24 AM

is Georgia a rivalry or a domination by your same analogy? you can't have it both ways. if we call one a historical domination then the other has to be as well.

Aug 13, 2013, 11:14 AM

ugay has been a domination by them, as it should have been. When we began playing by their rules, we began to win, too. They won a NC the year before ours, and they began a major probation the year before we began ours. It just shows that if you are willing to do the same things as others, the wins follow. The problem is that the ncaa usually follows along with it too. Saban has gotten by pretty well, but Auburn, LSU, OSU, the real USC, etc. all had the hammer put down on them following their rise to the top, and even AL will get hit at some point. Absolute power breeds absolute corruption. It kind of goes that way. Oh, and I don't want to have it both ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 11:36 AM

I am not asking about anything except wins and losses and calling a series a rivalry or a domination?

Aug 13, 2013, 1:40 PM

Well, I gave you a little more of the truth than you wanted. I just didn't want you to think all that domination was just by coincidence.

Be careful about throwing stones

Aug 13, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: But I thought football only started in 2009! ]

If there's no evidence to suggest corruption don't assume they're dirty. People say the same thing about us. They have a great coaching staff that develops players, has great facilities, huge fan base, and gets top-notch talent. I believe that's the direction we are heading. Still a ways to go but we are on the right track as a program

Re: Be careful about throwing stones

Aug 13, 2013, 1:38 PM

They are on probation as we speak. The punishment may seem minor to you, but it did come with sanctions, and the worst of it is, if they have other infractions that come to light, they will be repeat offenders. Not a laughing matter. I can just about guarantee you that spurrier knows the danger and how real it is.

A rivalry can have a domination by one team.

Aug 13, 2013, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: But I thought football only started in 2009! ]

A few of my closest to hear examples:

- Clemson/SC We dominate over the long run but it stings like a ####### that they have one 4

- Clemson/GA They dominate us traditionally but we think of it as a rivalry certainly. They sweat when they play us.

- Red Sox/Yankees Its tough as a Sox Fan to admit but the Yankees own everybody. They do sweat when they play the Sox though and we certainly consider it be the Rivalry to end all rivalries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: But I thought football only started in 2009! ]

"Because going back further make it even worse for them."

Actually, no it doesn't. Carolina won 52% of the games from 1941 to 1975 to Clemson's 42%.

Overall, capon-brain!***

Aug 13, 2013, 12:46 PM

Re: This is domination ... in spite of the little streaks on end

Aug 13, 2013, 12:01 PM

At least it is big again and can be thought of as a toss up every year. That is what every fan should want.

Are Clemson fans really excited about adding 2 more wins in the column to a team that was 1-21? Like it or not Clemson gets more respect when USC is decent and still beats them rather than winning the State Champ over a weaker team that nobody nationally recognizes.

What did beating USC all those years from 87-2004 do for Clemson nationally, help get to 6,7,8 wins and bump up from a low level bowl to a not so embarrassing bowl. Clemson needs USC to be good so the win means something and adds to the nationally recognized weaker ACC.

Re: This is domination ... in spite of the little streaks on end

Aug 13, 2013, 12:12 PM

I can assure you that you have witnessed Clemson's largest margin in the all-time record. That was 28 four years ago.

how in the heck can you assure us of a dang thing?

Aug 13, 2013, 12:20 PM

your chicken is on 'roids, and your posts are cock-loving and slanted towards usuc.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic