Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bubble watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Bubble watch

Feb 13, 2020, 12:35 PM

Seems that it has become the norm for teams that are sub .500 in conference play getting in on the bubble. I know still a lot left in the season but indiana has lost 4 in a row and are 5 -7 in conference play and bilas has them as the 35 best team and a projection of a 10 seed. Michigan might be a great team but near bottom of big ten with Indiana with a 6-7 record. Said it before but if you can't finish with a winning record in conference play you shouldn't be considered for the big dance. I know I gonna get hate for this comment but usuc isn't getting any consideration and have some quality wins and top 5 in sec which is more than I can say for our up and down season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bubble watch

Feb 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

Frankly, I don't think Clemson's bball season goes beyond the ACC tourney.

Feb 13, 2020, 3:53 PM

If Clemson wins 3 more regular season games and 2 in the ACC tournament they are in I believe the NIT

Feb 13, 2020, 3:09 PM

teams equal to or only slightly above an overall .500 record are most unlikely to make the tournament... which means that the only bubble watch worth your time in these parts is watching the bubbles of your kids, grandkids or other small child and the joy they get from them...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is so weak for past few years

Feb 13, 2020, 3:52 PM

.500 used to get you in - not with the lack of strength in ACC now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not simply due to a "weak" ACC.

Feb 13, 2020, 3:57 PM

It's also due to a lot more quality teams than you used to have. This is most evidenced by the NIT, which used to be a virtual lock for a major college basketball team with at least a .500 overall record. Now? A .500 overall record isn't nearly enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 13, 2020, 4:35 PM

Clemson's bubble burst early in the season. It's impossible to recover at this point.

Finish strong!!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I don't think the OP was talking about Clemson.***

Feb 13, 2020, 4:54 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Here is our bubble watch party

Feb 13, 2020, 5:05 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-mood-2fJ38W9v08ypKc2xyp

Feb 13, 2020, 9:33 PM

Cinderella teams build hype, hype builds TV ratings, and TV ratings build $$$ for the NCAA. Cinderella teams have proven themselves more worthy than .500 teams from major conferences through the years, which do little to generate $$$ for the NCAA.

Feb 14, 2020, 12:30 PM

Clemson BB team will not be in the NCAA's nor NIT this year!!!!

Yeah I agree

Feb 14, 2020, 12:46 PM

I think there needs to be more emphasis on actual loses. Ohio State had a horrible stretch at one point during the year but were never close to being slotted out of the tournament. And since the conference season is longer now, the impact of November and December games should reduce as the season goes on.

Ridiculous that there is talk of 12 Big Ten teams getting in. I don't care how good they think the conference is.

That's only applicable

Feb 14, 2020, 12:51 PM

In conferences with balanced schedules. Once you go to unbalanced schedules, conference record is fairly meaningless.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic