Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bubble/Tunnel screens even when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Bubble/Tunnel screens even when

Oct 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

unsuccessful, stretch the D horizontally, , make the WRs blocking easier because it pulls the DBs in, and are just smart safe calls.

How many DBs did you see in the picture on all the long TD runs? Zero. It was like Wake was playing with 7 men.

So, shut the F up with the criticism. You don't know shlt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when

Oct 7, 2018, 1:07 PM

Go back and watch the A&M game, then imagine it’s Alabama and get back to us on that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you not think we’re a better team now than

Oct 7, 2018, 1:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you not think we’re a better team now than

Oct 7, 2018, 3:39 PM

Successful running pulls the whole D up. Then the Offense won't have to gain 3 or 4 yards on a bubble/tunnel screen. They go for it all with Higgins and Ross. CU has thrown that bubble creep so often the past 4 years, the DBs are already up. Just run the #### ball and play action the pass.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that there are multiple ways to get to the same result

Oct 7, 2018, 3:44 PM

Oct 7, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

Bubble screens are a waste of a down. Seldom do they go for more than 2,3, or 4 yards and sometimes for 0 yards. A run would be just as productive if not better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 1:16 PM

I think we have proven the run this year, we used to not have any explosiveness on the run and had to use the bubble, now we have not 1, not 2 but 3 explosive running backs that can do this job effectively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 explosive running backs?

Oct 7, 2018, 1:27 PM

Mr Choice begs to differ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: 3 explosive running backs?

Oct 8, 2018, 11:58 AM

LMAOOOO hey he did have a nice long run against wake

Or a slant. Or a TE out. Or a post. Or a hook. etc.***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the CB's are playing 5 to 7 yards off

Oct 7, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

Then you'll want to have run the screens beforehand so as to give the receiver and other WR's the experience to block and run the play. If they are playing that far off then a well executedscreen is 3 to 5 yards against a good D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry. This time if we face Alabama, we have a plan.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

We'll run 20 WR screens and that will loosen them right up. Then BAM it's ETN up the middle baby!

Can't go wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

Go back and watch the A&M game, then imagine it’s Alabama and get back to us on that

Let's see if we can clear this up for Mr. Bubble/Tunnel screen through the first 3 games 2018:

Furman Game: ETN already has 14 yards rushing and Higgins has a first down reception and Play # 9 the old bubble/tunnel screen results in 0 yards eventually the drive dies.

TA&M Game - first play of game a low throw on the old bubble/tunnel screen for -1 yard

GA Southern - Run and pass mix with ETN, Higgins, Renfrow, and Galloway then on the 8th play the old bubble/tunnel screen is intercepted.

Please don't ask me to go any further. The bubble/tunnel screens have been over used over the past 3 or 4 years and its predictable. One week it's about the 8th play and the next week, it's the first play. There are many other ways to spread a defense. Although, I will admit that the passes are now getting to the receivers faster than they were.

Oct 7, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

Let's see if we can clear this up for Mr. Bubble/Tunnel screen through the first 3 games 2018:

Furman Game: ETN already has 14 yards rushing and Higgins has a first down reception and Play # 9 the old bubble/tunnel screen results in 0 yards eventually the drive stalls.

TA&M Game - first play of game a low throw on the old bubble/tunnel screen for -1 yard

GA Southern - Run and pass mix with ETN, Higgins, Renfrow, and Galloway driving down the field then on the 8th play the old bubble/tunnel screen is intercepted.

Please don't ask me to go any further. The bubble/tunnel screens have been over used the past 3 or 4 years and it has become predictable. One week it's about the 8th play and the next week, it's the first play. There are many other ways to spread a defense. Although, I will admit that the passes are now getting to the receivers faster than they were.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

Kelly Bryant can’t throw screens so stop with the A&M talk. TL screens work perfectly

Indeed, and additional to that

Oct 7, 2018, 1:10 PM

Most, certainly not all, of them were called/run (as RPO) in situations where they should've gotten 5 to 8 yards if executed successfully. WR blocking was lacking, and a few of the passes weren't placed well, and the receiver sometimes hesitated too much before the first move, but the calls themselves weren't bad. It honestly began to look like we were running it to get it right.

It can be frustrating to watch, I know, but I can't find too much to get upset about, and certainly don't understand the weeping and gnashing of teeth on the board yesterday,=.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed, and additional to that

Oct 7, 2018, 1:37 PM

I wait for a DC to put a "spy" defensive back on the screen formation and just run to the line of scrimmage with the goal of a pick 6...

This is just plain wrong.***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:12 PM

^^^really doesn't know shlt.^^^***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^really doesn't know shlt.^^^***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:34 PM

Yeah, 3rd down and 4, throw a 2 yard pass. That really works !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^really doesn't know shlt.^^^***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:36 PM

And that’s the other thing, it’s not so much that we run them that’s so stupid, it’s when we run them.

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

Oct 7, 2018, 2:55 PM

Nobody is saying the slip screen is not a viable play. It is one of many that helps set the table for other plays in the play book. Calling plays is a chess game, and the screens do help manipulate the defense into a position that makes other plays suceed. However, we ran like 9 of them in first three series. That situation means you pull the defensive backs up in the box and then keep calling plays into the space where that play will now be the least successful. There was a time when we didn’t run the ball well enough that the short passing game was the substitute for the run game. We now have an actual run game so the dependence on the slips screens is gone. I think the OCs have gotten used to calling plays for K.B. and they are still figuring out the bed t way to utilize TL’s superior arm talent. They will eventually find the right mix and the slip screen will still be needed, but nearly as much.

Oct 7, 2018, 3:25 PM

When you are playing chess instead of checkers, some of the plays you run are to set up something else later. If in the meantime, if you are getting decent yards off it, all the better. Although I forget myself and think I know something about it, I recognize I'm not even up to checkers, I'm still playing chutes and ladders.

It seemed clear to me that when we ran up the middle for

Oct 7, 2018, 3:47 PM

the first time in the game and it went for a TD that Clemson was setting up Wake. TL read the defense and they gave him the screens over and over so that was the play he took. We then finally brought up one of safeties down to help with the screen, bam, up the middle for a TD.

Oct 7, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Bubble/Tunnel screens even when ]

I've been waiting for the bubble/screen pump and go. I think that one has been set up for about 3 years now.

coot***

Oct 7, 2018, 3:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody Has Braves Loss Syndrome***

Oct 7, 2018, 3:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 3:51 PM

I recall in '15 watching Deon Cain take one to to the house off of a Bubble Screen. Also against the ##### later on if not mistaken. Bubble Screens work great if the throw is well placed and quick, WR block, and the WR makes the first guy miss. Frankly one of the reasons they were so bad last year is a fact I have kinda harped on for the last year. KB threw a very slow, poorly placed ball. When its late getting there, and behind the WR, he has NO CHANCE. Thats why no success imo. Someone else already hit the nail on the head. The Spread Offense has to do just that, SPREAD a team out, stressing the defense on all levels of the field. Now that we have someone who can utilize all parts of the field, the running game is starting to eat. Coincidence? I think not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deon against FSU and Bama.***

Oct 7, 2018, 8:14 PM

You are 100% correct

Oct 7, 2018, 4:04 PM

They make the defense cover sideline to sideline. Make them run. You play fast off of them you're playing against a possible winded player. It's part of our gameplan to wear down defenses. You're not going to have 6, 50+ yards touchdowns regularly. Never have understood the constant whining about them, other than a complete lack of understanding of our offensive philosophy.

And then every once in a while you have a Deon Cain moment like in the 2016 Championship Game. That play put us back in the game

Re: You are 100% correct

Oct 7, 2018, 4:41 PM

I want to see us run it a couple of times and then set one up and have the lead blocking receiver release and go long!

Like OJ Howard against us.***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:49 AM

null

daaaaaaayim. Edgefield gettin' salty up in here.***

Oct 7, 2018, 4:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 5:17 PM

We have the number one sniper in America, screw bubble gum screens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're upset. You should stop reading TNET.

Oct 7, 2018, 5:45 PM

There you go. Is that helpful?
Btw. I have a question.
Did you also enjoy seeing or big threat WR Higgins laying on the ground after little to ZERO gain on this oh so awesome play you are so hard for?
That is just one tiny example of the wasteful nature of this less than productive play.

p.s.

I know I don't know #####. There I put it in for you.

Tah tah Joey.

Re: You're upset. You should stop reading TNET.

Oct 7, 2018, 6:06 PM

Players get tackled on all sorts of plays. Higgins was hit going out of bounds after running a few yards. He literally could’ve been hit the same way on a catch 20 yards down the field.

Oct 7, 2018, 8:16 PM

WF played C2 defense. Anyone with any football knowledge knows you attack the MOF on an opposing defense in C2.

When we did, we scored pretty much at will.

Screw Calford.

Nice language coot

Oct 7, 2018, 8:18 PM

And you have not one clue what youre talking about. Not one.

Y'all n-words posting in the troll thread***

Oct 8, 2018, 9:10 AM

Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 AM

You’re the man

What's a bubble screen

Oct 8, 2018, 11:53 AM

~Rob Spence

Seeing is believing...

Oct 8, 2018, 12:08 PM

it's just difficult to see if one's head is up his butt. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic