Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryce Mathews approaching a decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,071

Bryce Mathews approaching a decision

Jul 19, 2015, 9:38 AM

Fresh off his visit to Clemson for the All-In Cookout, four-star offensive tackle Bryce Mathews hopes to reach a decision in the not too distant future.

During an interview with TheClemsonInsider on Saturday night, Mathews said he was aiming to announce a commitment “in the next week or so.”

That was the timeline he took into the weekend.

“But I’ve got to be 100 percent sure about it. I can’t have any doubt in my mind. I want to make sure it’s where I want to go,” Mathews said.

No decision has been made on which school it is. Mathews is certain that his announcement will be low-key. He’ll call the coaches from each of the schools he’s considering before posting the news on Twitter.

“I’m kind of going back and forth, really,” Mathews said. “I’m just going to have to weigh my options with lots of prayer, just kind of spend time thinking about it, talk to my family, talk to a lot of friends, just to get their opinion, talk to some coaches and kind of weigh all the options.”

Mathews is deciding between Clemson, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.

“Somewhere I feel comfortable, where I feel like I’ll be able to excel and enjoy my experience, regardless of how the football part of it goes,” Mathews said. “Somewhere I can get a good education and set myself up for the rest of my life, following college.

“I can see myself at a few different places, so I’ve got to just go back and forth (and) see which one is the best overall.”

The return trip to Clemson went well, so there’s reason for the Tigers to feel good, right now. It certainly helps that will be his final trip before the decision.

“It was great to get to spend some time with coach (Robbie) Caldwell. I got to talk to him a good bit, and the Cookout itself was a bunch of fun,” he said. “I was apart of the donut eating contest, which was interesting.

“Coach (Dabo) Swinney tried to redeem himself for that video of him doing ‘The Whip’ that was going around. So it was a lot of fun to watch too. It was right by the lake. It was a real awesome experience. I really enjoyed it.”

Mathews enjoyed the 1-on-1 time he shared with Caldwell.

“He just kind of told me I’m one of the top targets. They’re in need of tackles, so they want me to be one of those guys and thinks I would have a chance to potentially play early, earn a spot,” Mathews said.

He added, “It was a good overall experience. I really felt that something that kind of stood out was the whole family atmosphere around the place. Just with the players being at the Cookout, they were just kind of hanging out and having a good time and stuff. There really wasn’t any division between the guys. They were all just kind of with each other and enjoying each others company, so that was cool to see.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryce Mathews approaching a decision

Jul 19, 2015, 10:15 AM

/r/TigerWoods

Odds here? I hear mostly Tenn.

Re: Bryce Mathews approaching a decision

Jul 19, 2015, 10:33 AM

I don't think Vandy or Ole Miss or even TAMU are really in the mix at this point .
I think it is Tennessee or Clemson for him .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

he talks about Dabo and the "family" experience at Clemson

Jul 19, 2015, 10:47 AM

I know a lot to recruits say that about all schools and they try to promote that but one thing about Dabo is that he never changes. He is emotionally "All In" with his family, Clemson and his players. I hope my son has a dad like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he talks about Dabo and the "family" experience at Clemson

Jul 19, 2015, 10:50 AM

That last line ....you were talking about you , no ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 19, 2015, 10:54 AM

I was talking about me. My son is about all I have left. I hope one day to have a significant other and I know that may come in time, but I want to be a dad that my son sees my feelings and he grows up knowing I love him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2015, 11:41 AM

Enjoy your Freedom(significant other part)...wish you the best with your son. Dabo does have it (and does it) right.

Better odds than Bordeaux was.***

Jul 19, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Mathews approaching a decision ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Better odds than Bordeaux was.***

Jul 19, 2015, 12:25 PM

I'll take those odds.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,071
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic