Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant is not the answer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Bryant is not the answer

Apr 11, 2017, 8:53 AM

When called upon last year, he looked terrible. He looked terrible on Saturday. We need to move on, he isn't the answer.

Not looking to debate, as this is fact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant is not the answer

Apr 11, 2017, 8:54 AM

Dabo has a different opinion

What does dabo know...he's not a tnetter***

Apr 12, 2017, 7:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I know Greg Huegel feels the same you do

Apr 11, 2017, 8:56 AM

After Kelly ran for a 60 yd td again Miami, Huegel missed the PAT on purpose b/c how disgusted he was with Bryant's playing ability (or lack there of)

Apr 11, 2017, 8:57 AM

What was the question?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Clemson QB just won the natty?***

"Fact" I dont think you know what that word means.

Congrats on being a moron.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 11, 2017, 8:59 AM

"Fact" as you know it? LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 9:01 AM

What he stated was 100% by definition an opinion therefore it can't be a fact.

Not that hard to follow along fence try and keep up.

Apr 11, 2017, 8:58 AM

You may be right... but remember many felt the same way about Tajh after the spring game in 2011. It is up to Kelly to make this summer all about embracing QB1 and taking it. He has a lot better talent behind him than Tajh did but no one is written off this early.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:01 AM

How many times did Tajh beat them Gamechickens?

Edzachery

Apr 11, 2017, 9:21 AM

There you go, buy your own omission, you are a unhappy person and that's sad bc, I thought that Christians were mostly happy people!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryant is not the answer ]

anyone smelling feathers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 10:25 AM

Why y'all got to think everyone is a coot or a coot fan just because they have a different opinion? Frankly, getting absurd imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryant is not the answer ]

Boom Chuccka Boom Chuccka Boom!!! That's The Fact Jack!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryant is not the answer ]

Can he elevate his passing game to another level? Nobody compares to Watson but if Bryant can be more accurate and make long range throws, it will make him a dual threat instead of being one dimensional.

"fact" lutz***

Apr 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "fact" lutz***

Apr 11, 2017, 9:06 AM

be careful fence who obviously doesn't know the difference between a fact and an opinion either will come after you.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:09 AM

lol I ain't skeeeered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 9:10 AM

I never said you were "skeeeered". I said you don't know what a fact is.

See that sentence above is a fact.

;)

Apr 11, 2017, 9:15 AM

So now, YOURE saying I don't know what a fact is?

Fact: Clemson won 14 games last year
Opinion in April: Bryant is not the answer at QB.

I think I got it.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:17 AM

There ya go see you did learn something today :)

Have a nice day fence.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:19 AM

Lol u must think ur either talking to a troll or a teen. The "fact" is, nevermind. I'll just get some condescending comment.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:21 AM

Bro, you are a Phillip Rivers fan. Don't come at me talking about QB's. Your opinion is obviously a bad one.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: "fact" lutz*** ]

"I'll just get some condescending comment."

Oh you mean something like this....

""Fact" as you know it? LOL"

Oh wait that was said by you to start all this up.

Good job.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: "fact" lutz*** ]

I forgot that Bryant threw the pass to Renfrow. My bad. How dare I forget.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: "fact" lutz*** ]

Why you trying to be a bully? You fat and mad?

He TORE a tendon in his throwing hand.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:12 AM

You don't think he can make a pass out to the flat? Zero chance Dabo names him the leader if that were the case.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: He TORE a tendon in his throwing hand.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:14 AM

Shhhh..... don't confuse them with those pesky facts TW.

Facts as you know it***

Apr 12, 2017, 7:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Facts as you know it***

Apr 12, 2017, 7:59 AM

So you are debating that the following things did not happen?

He tore a tendon in his hand.

He has been named leader by Dabo.

Seems to me those are not facts how I know it they are facts of how it is.

Sorry you dont like them but it doenst change them.

How'd he tear that tendon?

Apr 11, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to He TORE a tendon in his throwing hand. ]

throwing the ball?

First play of scrimmage. Snap under center.***

Apr 11, 2017, 9:15 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So the kid can't even take a sanp w/o getting hurt?

Apr 11, 2017, 9:16 AM

paws may be on to something here

i wouldn't go that far......

Apr 11, 2017, 9:38 AM [ in reply to He TORE a tendon in his throwing hand. ]

Dabo named cole stoudt the starter when he couldn't throw a forward pass.

now i'm not counting bryant out b/c like you said he did tear a tendon in his hand, but if dabo has a fault at all........it's being (some would argue) a little too loyal to veteran QBs that may not have the skills that the younger QBs have.

Re: i wouldn't go that far......

Apr 11, 2017, 9:41 AM

Personally, I thought Bryant had the best body language and looks like the Alpha leader out there. I still think Bryant is the starter despite being injured.

I think he probably is as well....

Apr 11, 2017, 10:02 AM

but i still wouldn't put it past dabo to put in EXPERIENCE over skill/talent.........right, wrong, or indifferent.

Dabo thinks so too, but what does he know? I thought

Apr 11, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: i wouldn't go that far...... ]

the whole offense ran a little smoother with Kelly in there as well; "Alpha" is a great way to put it. He didn't really have the best day Saturday, statistically speaking, but his and Israel's experience factor was obvious to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo thinks so too, but what does he know? I thought

Apr 11, 2017, 10:22 AM

But that's kind of natural, right? He's been the #1 since Jan. Had the most reps with the 1's etc. + he's had 3 yrs now. All that shouldn't trump ability and I really think that's all anyone is saying when they disagree that he should be the starter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IIRC and I usually do

Apr 11, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to i wouldn't go that far...... ]

he pulled C Stoudt in the FSU game.

Re: i wouldn't go that far......

Apr 11, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to i wouldn't go that far...... ]

"Dabo named cole stoudt the starter when he couldn't throw a forward pass."

Good lord I am tired of this BS narrative. Cole was a decent QB when healthy as he showed in the Bowl Game...

Cole was hurt early in the year and played that entire season in relief of Watson being hurt injured.

I challenge you to pull up a game from that year and look at the zip or lack thereof he has on the ball during the regular season games that year. Compare that to what he looked like in the bowl game and the spring game before that season. It is night and day.

Cole had a shoulder injury for most of that season.

Stop attempting to trash a kid who represented Clemson the right way on and off the field.

he never had zip........ever.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:58 AM

and regardless of the shoulder he still never held a candle to DW4 from the day DW4 stepped foot on campus. He should have NEVER started the first three games that year, it was obvious DW4 should've been the QB from the beginning.

Re: he never had zip........ever.

Apr 11, 2017, 10:02 AM

"he never had zip........ever."

Quality retort gj ignoring everything that was said.

Compare his arm strength in regular season vs bowl game and spring game.

Sorry you would rather trash a Clemson player than realize he stepped into a tough situation and played hurt all year.

i recognize he stepped into a tough situation........

Apr 11, 2017, 10:06 AM

and he did the best he could do with the ability that he had, but that still doesn't explain the first 3 games that he did start over DW4 when he clearly wasn't the answer.

and to your spring game to OU game comparison........I never thought he had an arm from the time he went 27-28 (or whatever it was) vs SCState the year before.......and he never had a stronger arm than DW4 even with DW4 on one leg.

pheebo>Dabo? Lolololololololol!!***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to he never had zip........ever. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pheebo>Dabo? Lolololololololol!!***

Apr 11, 2017, 10:05 AM

Yep I love how he completely ignored everything I said and went back to more bashing of a former Clemson player....

Sad really.

You are kidding right? Seriously your position is Dabo

Apr 11, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to i wouldn't go that far...... ]

is going to start a guy just because he is a veteran. The coaches have the finger on the pulse of the team. They know who is in best position to execute the game plan. Maybe a guy just isn't ready yet. It isn't like Dabo isn't getting it done, yet people still want to say he starts guys because they are a veteran. Holy Crap!

Oh and Cam Newton early in his career couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if his hand was touching it. Watson is going to be a tough act to follow for sure, but I fully believe the coaches are going to start the guy they think gives us the best chance to win at that point in time!

Re: You are kidding right? Seriously your position is Dabo

Apr 11, 2017, 10:13 AM

didn't say he was going to do that........just stating that he's done that in the past. I personally think he's learned from that season's QB situation.

and I'm not saying KB isn't the true #1 either. I think it will eventually be a cooper/johnson battle I just hope we don't have a repeat of 2014 where we had to lose 2 outta 3 games before the coaches realized that who they thought was QB1 wasn't really QB1.

You couldn't get the right size T-shirt, Bryant isn't the right QB, what else at Clemson that don't fit with you. You're on a roll, let us hear it, there is no need to stop now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree torn tendon and all i would and im not the coach put a package in for him but he would not start. If give Israel and Cooper the reps to get them ready.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:18 AM

Agree torn tendon and all i would and im not the coach put a package in for him but he would not start. If give Israel and Cooper the reps to get them ready.

I remember DW4 having some ROUGH edges in the beginning too!

Apr 11, 2017, 9:23 AM

Very easy to say DW4 was flawless with hindsight. Facts (real facts) are that he threw more INTs than many great QBs before him! He was just so darn good he could make up for it!

Another fact: There is no one on this board that has even 2% of the insight into QB performance of anyone on the coaching staff.

Another fact: Peter Pan is 10.87 times better than GIF!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

My memory is bad. In my mind he was making records

Apr 11, 2017, 10:54 AM

in his first game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 10:10 AM

The torn tendon in his pinky (according to doctors) wouldn't have affected his throwing ability very much. I think that's a non argument.

I get it, the kid is athletic, great heart, ability to lead, determination and all of that. A great kid as all of them are. Sometimes no matter how bad or how much you work at something it just doesn't work. He'll never be DW4.

As for Stout, I hope no one would trash him, he was hurt but what separated he and DW4 was the ability to read defenses and go through his progressions. DW4 was a student of the game and he just had the natural ability to make the plays when they counted the most. Unfortunately, I don't see that in Bryant.

We've all seen the video's of HJ sitting on his butt and dropping passes to the goal post from the 20 yrd line or whatever it was. He, like DW4 is a student of the game and can make the throws. Of course he's going to look a little green. However, that being said, I still think you go with him.

If you're looking for DW4, that's not going to happen

Apr 11, 2017, 10:40 AM

Not until next year anyways.

We just need KB to move the chains this year. Whether that's by running or throwing.

Re: If you're looking for DW4, that's not going to happen

Apr 11, 2017, 10:48 AM

Assuming Lawrence is the real deal and I think he is, would Dabo start him over an upperclassman? I would like to think that he would. I agree that we need to move the chains in either manner but do we change the offense to suit one players limited skills? Hunter Johnson and Derrick Cooper were recruited to run a DW type offense. When Auburn or any team of equal ability puts 8 men in the box, our qb is going to have to be able to pass and stretch the field. We didn't become WRU because our strength was running the ball.

I laffed out loud.

Apr 11, 2017, 10:10 AM

Cause that was a good 'un!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 12, 2017, 7:50 AM

Apr 12, 2017, 7:53 AM

Bryant had a finger issue Saturday. I am not throwing in the towel on him just yet.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic