Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell deserves another year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,836

Brownell deserves another year

Mar 7, 2017, 2:14 PM

If you don't agree go pull for the coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell deserves another year

Mar 7, 2017, 2:15 PM

Like it or not, todays win probably puts us in the NIT. So another year of brownell.

Next year though will be the breaking point year for NCAA or gone.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Blossomgame next year? Sounds like a built in excuse

Mar 7, 2017, 2:22 PM

for pumpers already. He will be here next year, but not because he deserves it. That will be a financial decision. And please, Brownell or coots? Great 10 year old type argument you presented there.

Re: No Blossomgame next year? Sounds like a built in excuse

Mar 7, 2017, 2:24 PM

FYI the OP was not being serious in his OP.

He has been one of the loudest anti CBB posters on this board.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 7, 2017, 8:37 PM

Dang. First KJ and now Blossomgame.

Mar 7, 2017, 2:28 PM [ in reply to No Blossomgame next year? Sounds like a built in excuse ]

I'm not really a Brownell supporter. I am telling you this because its what will most likely happen. I thought he personally should be gone after this year.

Next year the buyout is less and the expectation is tournament for sure.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 4:17 PM

His buyout is not less after next year. After this season it will cost $3 million to fire him for the next two years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 4:50 PM

BB is the Tommy Bowden of basketball.He should've never gotten that contract and we refuse to cut ties when we can get a better coach. This was supposed to be his year and flop. Time for him to go.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:57 PM

Well, my underlying point is that there is no reason not to cut ties. He gets a $3 million buyout until the beginning of the 2018-19 season where he'll be due his $2 million full salary. But, you can't have a coach with only a year on his contract. In actuality Boston College is the only team in the conference with a coach working with only 3 years on their contract (not couting Syracuse because of Boeheim's planned retirement - and it is killing them). It is crippling for recruiting. So unless DRad believes that Brownell will have a season next year that will justify another extension there is no reason not to cut ties now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 2:16 PM

its tuesday - does your boss allow "drinking" on a tuesday?

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 7, 2017, 2:17 PM

He was getting another year regardless. Not doing cartwheels over us beating a team we were supposed to beat.

Mar 7, 2017, 2:21 PM

That's a funny declaration. We're looking at 1 tournament appearance in 7 years.. you can't keep making excuses for BB.

Mar 7, 2017, 2:32 PM

Past 4-5 years we have had a dominant forward who has kept us in games (KJ, JB5). I pray every night Grantham will finally become that, but he has yet to show me consistency. Next year, expect a lot of guard play

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~Wigwedge~

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong....

Mar 7, 2017, 4:07 PM

Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

The question is, has he earned another year, and in my opinion, the answer is a resounding NO !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:13 PM

Brownell will get another year due to his excessive buyout and the fact (?) that CLEMSON does not put very much emphasis on men's BBall. Beating a weak NCSU team that has fired their HC in no way makes CBB deserving of another year. If you disagree, then go pull for the coots, 'cause you obviously want the coots to dominate CLEMSON in BBall every year.

Bottom line is: NO - deal with it.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:20 PM

He don't deserve chit but it would be dumb to pay him 3 mill.
The ACC will not be quite as strong next season with lots of big time players going pro.
The Tigers will def miss Bgame and just might totally bomb without him.
But we have some good players coming back and could finally have a decent season .
I think the right Coach could turn this program around where every 3-4 years we have a very good
Team.
Next season is Brads goodbye tour I'm afraid tho

Start of the year it was NCAA Tourney or else.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:29 PM

Not much has happened to change my mind. If he SOMEHOW makes it to the tournament I say give him another year. If not...it's time to find a new coach.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Mar 7, 2017, 4:40 PM

After seven years and with the team he has, anything less than an NCAA Tournament invitation is unacceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The goofballs who want to show BB the door

Mar 7, 2017, 6:15 PM

want to hire a former Clemson basketball manager as HC. He would get destroyed in the ACC. Brownell has had one losing season in seven years. That has to be some sort of record for Clemson basketball coach because most of them don't stay for four years. Just chill out. BB needs one more victory to pass Cliff Ellis for ACC wins at Clemson. And he did it in fewer of games. Most of you snot nosed brats don't remember the thrilling days of yesteryear when Clemson never won an ACC road game. You guys can burn your torches and scream for a new coach all you want, but you aren't going to do any better than BB.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm plenty old and I remember that 7 years ago..

Mar 7, 2017, 7:37 PM

was the last time we went to big dance. CBB did it with OP's players. I think you should expect a program that is one of the top 68 teams in the country like I do. I guess you just settle for less. You should consider a name change to "NIT LOVER".

Good thing you don't get to make that decision.

Mar 7, 2017, 7:31 PM

7 years 1 big dance with OP's players. He has had ample time and the program is stagnant just like your post.

Mar 8, 2017, 11:59 AM

What you really mean to say is that HE is not worth the cost of the buy-out this year!

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,836
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic