Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell .. he is fine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,161

Brownell .. he is fine

Feb 13, 2013, 8:42 AM

Cannot believe all the Brownell haters on here. We live in a drive through, microwave society where everyone wants NOW. Coming from being a PITT fan and watching Coach Brownell the past two years...he will be fine. He is establishing the same system as Jamie Dixon at PITT. Tough defense and clock management, but it takes nine players to buy into this system. High school players come from a run and gun style offense and had a hard time adjusting. Believe me when I would go to the PITT games and watch Coach Dixon offense andhow they would use the clock before they started their to run their offense was frustrating. He belief was to manage the clock, control the boards and keep the turnovers down, by taking their time and work the ball. This is the same thing I see coming out of Brownell..he will be fine. He just needs the players to buy into the system and the fan base to enjoy watching low scoring games. Be patient, Clemson Basketball will be great in the years to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell .. he is fine

Feb 13, 2013, 9:08 AM

First of all I do not hate Brownell,but he came in and with someone-elses players did ok for two years but anyone who watched Clemson Basketball could and can see a huge drop off in ability and by the way prospects for next year look sad!Oh this is Clemson Basketball so you are saying we should continue to accept below average coaching and play ,so NO I disagree with you and it is ok for those of us who dont accept average-below average PAID Coaching at Clemson and if we are fans of other sport teams who has LONG HISTORY of not accelling its really OK to state your opinion,just like you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2013, 9:22 AM

Your opinion but you are also one of those fans that wanted Dabo fired also. He is building a program and it does not happen overnight.

Feb 13, 2013, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell .. he is fine ]

> First of all I do not hate Brownell,but he came in
> and with someone-elses players did ok for two years
> but anyone who watched Clemson Basketball could and
> can see a huge drop off in ability and by the way
> prospects for next year look sad!Oh this is Clemson
> Basketball so you are saying we should continue to
> accept below average coaching and play ,so NO I
> disagree with you and it is ok for those of us who
> dont accept average-below average PAID Coaching at
> Clemson and if we are fans of other sport teams who
> has LONG HISTORY of not accelling its really OK to
> state your opinion,just like you!

You are very wrong if you think the coaching is below average. I don't believe you have looked at the players that will be here next year if you think that they look sad.

Feb 13, 2013, 10:31 AM

Agree with that. Clemson bb is not as sad as some would think. We have had more than our share of bad luck recently.

p.s. Learn to spell!!!

Feb 13, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell .. he is fine ]

Do you understand how the basketball recruiting cycle works? The 2010 class was already done when he took the job - but those are looked at as his players since they were freshman his first year. Then in September, less than 5 months after accepting the job, the early signing period for 2011 began which pretty much tied up all the marquee talent in the country. Now it's 2012 and he has the first full recruiting class that he had any time to develop - and Blossomgame, Roper, and Filer are an excellent recruiting class by Clemson standards - but now the mob is turning against him. Purnell left us in much the same situation as Barnes. Whether they knew they were gonna leave and quit recruiting or left because recruiting was going so poorly the net effect was the same. A new coach is left in a no win situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2013, 9:52 AM

I think Brownell will be fine but his recruiting is a concern. JB,Coleman,Ajukwa,and Rooks will give us more offense punch. Would help out bigtime if we upgrade our facilities. With the additions of Syracuse and Pitt things will get tougher however we will get more exposure in the Northeast. This will help in recruiting. Notice the correlation between football recruiting and newer modern facilities. Clemson can be a player in basketball but the program needs total support.

i wouldn't say he's fine

Feb 13, 2013, 9:21 AM

but i'm sure he's a handsome man to some....:)

there's not haters here imo

Feb 13, 2013, 9:29 AM

most think he's a great coach. But some are finally seeing he can't recruit at all. It takes both to have a good team. With no real good prospects on the way, the future looks bleak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there's not haters here imo

Feb 13, 2013, 9:38 AM

> most think he's a great coach. But some are finally
> seeing he can't recruit at all. It takes both to have
> a good team. With no real good prospects on the way,
> the future looks bleak.

Need to check out the Rooks kid from Charlotte, he is real good and the kid from Columbia is not bad either and neither are the two redshirts.

and Sullivan was supposed to be our stud and

Feb 13, 2013, 9:46 AM

Jennings was our savior. I'll believe it when i see it. They all may turn out to be world beaters and we'll be a top 10 team, but I just base it off of their ratings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT THIS!***

Feb 13, 2013, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Really? Are we really blaming our fanbase for NOT being

Feb 13, 2013, 9:31 AM

patient after we waited around for a F-ing decade so Tommy Bowden could win?

I'm not a "Brownell hater" but there (IMO) is a huge difference between the overall feeling after OP completed year 3 and this admin. With Purnell, there was a sign of momentum... and I feel there's no sign of life as of right now with this current team.

That's a VALID concern.

USCheat has been waiting 43 years

Feb 13, 2013, 9:37 AM

43 years.

thats a great way to put it. I feels we're getting worse

Feb 13, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Really? Are we really blaming our fanbase for NOT being ]

the more of OP players leave and Brad's player come in. With OP there was excitement. With Brad, not so much.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic