Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Friday night practice news and notes: First of day of pads in the books
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,194

New Story: Friday night practice news and notes: First of day of pads in the books

Mar 6, 2015, 8:32 PM

Friday night practice news and notes: First of day of pads in the books

Practice number three, the first one in pads, is in the books and head coach Dabo Swinney said that while he liked the effort in the spring’s third installment he wasn’t’ pleased with the execution. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want Gallman to be 220+lbs by fall

Mar 6, 2015, 9:41 PM

If he can keep that good weight then he should be our starter. I like Dye but Gallman improved almost every game last year and I say feed the beast

Re: I want Gallman to be 220+lbs by fall

Mar 6, 2015, 9:52 PM

I agree. On a separate note, I think we should redshirt Choice. It just seems that Choice will be a good one, but why not let him completely get healthy and take a year off and play when we will need him more.

It just seems like this enough if they are healthy.

Gallman
Dye
Brooks
Fuller
Davidson

Brooks and Dye

Mar 7, 2015, 12:02 AM

are really unproven at this point as is Fuller obviously. Davidson has shown some flashes but needs to show more. Really the only guy we know can tote the rock and carry the load is Gallman.

I'm sure the staff won't rush him, but let the cream rise to the top. We're trying to be the best we can be, and let's not forget Choice had taken Gallman's spot before he got hurt. He's that good.

Re: Brooks and Dye

Mar 7, 2015, 12:12 AM

Yep, and if Dye gets it together, he could be a great one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to I want Gallman to be 220+lbs by fall ]

220 would work for Gallman but, he came in at 6' 1" 205 with a 4:49/ 40, and I would love to see him at 225/230 thick muscled punishing back that can also get those short yardage 3d and 2, and those goal line 3d or 4th and inches for TDs. A lot of TDs were lost last year by not having a big back that was big enough to move lineman on their own like Tajh could do. I want to see all those lost TDs put on the score board as 7 points and not the 3 point field goals. And I think that a 225/230 pound Gallman could be that man for us. As we all know, we have a stable of talented RBs, but right now after Flemming left school, we don't have that BIG go to back for the hard to get short yardage stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2015, 12:00 AM

It will be interesting to see what Brooks weight will be up to by next season and having the redshirt year. He obviously needed to add some weight. Just wondering how he is doing.

Mar 7, 2015, 1:00 AM [ in reply to I want Gallman to be 220+lbs by fall ]

Adam Choice was ahead of Gallman before he got hurt....

Re: 225lbs or more doesn't matter

Mar 7, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I want Gallman to be 220+lbs by fall ]

They all can be 225 or 255, can run a 4.2 40 but until we know the offensive line can block, open holes, stay on their man, recognize a blitz then Earl Campbell can be the running back and it wouldn't matter. Everything on Offense starts up front and those guys need to be great not just good. P.S. Beat the "chickens". It's been a great off season.

OK, where is Choice?***

Mar 6, 2015, 11:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Torn ACL***

Mar 6, 2015, 11:55 PM

nm

Remembered it a second after I hit "post." Hope he's ready

Mar 7, 2015, 12:09 AM

in the fall. IMO, the running back talent we have - collectively - is better than the Spiller/Davis tandem.

Uummm***

Mar 6, 2015, 11:58 PM [ in reply to OK, where is Choice?*** ]

Much like "shank" in golf, a word I never like to hear ...

Mar 7, 2015, 9:32 AM

our coach say is "snap". Poor snaps disrupt the plays timing, QB seeing the field, etc. etc.

Clemson was not as consistent last year as we needed to be. Hopefully we will be excellent this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic