Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bringing 18 month old to a game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 151

Bringing 18 month old to a game?

Aug 23, 2016, 12:12 PM

Any tips on bringing an 18 month old to her first Clemson game? Can you bring strollers into the stadium? I realize that we are probably only good for about a half but I can't wait another year before bringing her into the Valley.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bringing 18 month old to a game?

Aug 23, 2016, 12:15 PM

Strollers are allowed in the stadium. They have designated parking areas, usually adjacent to the gates for when you go to your seats.

Stroller yes..must leave at entrance. They give you

Aug 23, 2016, 12:16 PM

A tag but don't really keep an eye on them.

You never know.. I have 3 kids. 2 last about 10 mins, the third has to go to every home game..every bowl game... now begging me to go to away games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Do yourself, your 18 month old and

Aug 23, 2016, 12:17 PM

Wife a big favor and just go to Macs Drive in and watch it on TV. You will not enjoy yourself trust me when I tell you this it's for the best to wait a little longer.

Don't do it. To hot, loud and unfair to those around you !***

Aug 23, 2016, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 12:19 PM

No, wouldn't do it at least not the whole time. Maybe if someone is willing to stay at tailgate or a switch up situation. I've had luck at some games slept through and some cried anytime people cheered. Sometimes scared them sometimes excited. We just had a pack and play and TV set up at the tailgate so we rotated who stayed and who went in; worked out pretty well. With ours I felt like 3 1/2 was when going in a game was a positive experience all the time. While it may not be that bad inside you could be absolutely ruining the people's time around you as well with a crying child. I was oblivious to with our first born, but thankfully our seat neighbors are forgiving.

Aug 23, 2016, 12:22 PM

I agree. I think around 4 years old is about the time it gets good for all involved. But I have seen many babies make it most of the game. Bring earmuffs of some type for the baby.

bring noise cancelling headphones. Stadiums are

Aug 23, 2016, 12:29 PM

loud as ##### for kids that age.

Aug 23, 2016, 12:32 PM

Misery loves company so I guess that's why you are bringing your wife...?

best tip I can give you

Aug 23, 2016, 12:33 PM

DON'T

DO

IT!!!

Aug 23, 2016, 12:35 PM

I took mine when they were babies... Wanted to get them started early. My advice is make sure their mother is there and see if they fall asleep. That's what mine have done... But be prepared to leave.

If you don't have a specific game in mind, I would suggest Troy or SCST. Unless they are consistent nappers, then pick a game based on game time. Mine went down after lunch, so we would get a 3:30 game and show up for the tailgate and then have them sleep in the car and then go to the game. It's a lot to plan, but well worth the pictures alone!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 12:42 PM

Not trying to start a fight or anything but taking your wife into a game(unless she is a huge fan herself) and passing a miserable baby off to her(if the baby doesn't enjoy it which is 50/50); then her have to leave and have a miserable baby cry at a tailgate while waiting on you cause you're still in the football game isn't going to get you anywhere close to being able to do it again. And by it I mean "do it" and attend a football game.

Just my two cents
Sorry for the long sentence crap punctuation

Aug 23, 2016, 12:52 PM

Agree with most of that... Knock on wood, none of mine were "miserable crying babies". We were lucky enough to have ours just fall asleep on my wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 12:40 PM

We have brought all 3 of our kids to every home game since they were 6 and 9 months old. If you wait too late, they do not tolerate the noise, heat, crowd, etc. and they don't know how to appreciate the experience. The earlier, the better as they learn to adapt! Our best friends have 3 children and waited until the youngest was 4. After the team ran down the hill, they were done and they've never taken them back. Our kids are now 12 and 6 and watch every single play. They have become friends w/ the kids who sit around them over the years and all of them (about 10 total) never, ever play on their phones or devices. These kids (all girls except 2) LOVE Clemson football! Invest in a Frog Tog and small fan and get her slushies and dipping dots to cool her down. We bring frozen bottles of water in and soak the Frog Tog over and over. We also bought baby and toddler noise reduction earphones for them as well which work great! Good luck!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 12:46 PM

Yeah...check and see if they will allow in one of these still. Was a life-saver when our kids were babies and we brought them. Keeps your arms from getting tired and hels support them.:
http://www.target.com/p/infantino-flip-advanced-4-in-1-carrier/-/A-16314079?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=s&device=c&location=9009996&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6O-9BRDjhYXH2bOb8Z4BEiQAWRduk2WsZsN0r2B_JHP7TSgszufLB6nQW97T61D3hDyGhrYaAm7g8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

For the sake of those around you DON'T

Aug 23, 2016, 12:47 PM

##### sake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You'll get some great photos...but the game will not be fun

Aug 23, 2016, 12:47 PM

A baby picture with you, your wife, and your baby in the valley will be pretty cool...

But the game is going to be miserable unless the child sleeps.

My only advice: Keep them fed, keep them happy

I've brought my 3 year old to a couple of high school games last season...as long as we made a couple of trips to the snack bar, he stayed entertained

Take your kid to the spring game first

Aug 23, 2016, 12:49 PM

that's what I did. Less crowded. Not as loud. Good test for them without spending a ton of money on tickets to walk around the concourse.

I like your funny words magic man

Aug 23, 2016, 1:05 PM

Sounds like a babysitter is the way to go, thanks for all the feedback!

Aug 23, 2016, 1:10 PM

I would not do it. But if you do...baby noise canceling headphones are your friend. It is too loud for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My daughter was a month old when she went to her first game.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:15 PM

Got pics of Momma giving her a bottle while sitting with other UDP's. Good times.

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 23, 2016, 1:17 PM

Worst
Idea
Ever

Bring him/her

Aug 23, 2016, 1:20 PM

Make sure to dress your baby in clothes that expose the arms and legs. No hat. Keep them in direct sunlight all game, it'll be good for their character. Go to the Louisville game and try and sit in the loudest section possible for maximum atmosphere.

I took my son at 10 mos. I waited midseason and had

Aug 23, 2016, 1:32 PM

grandparents lined up to get him after 1st qtr and take to the greatgrandparents house 5 miles away.

I hate seeing infants at games in the month of September. It is way too hot.

With that said, the picture of my son when the team runs down the hill is still one of my all time favorites. There was sensory overload for him but he was so excited; as was I.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:33 PM

Most important question not asked....Have you taught her how to do the slow wave?

Aug 23, 2016, 2:11 PM

Do yourself a favor and get a baby sitter!!! Also, those first few games are too hot for a baby....he/she will be much happier at home!!!

Aug 27, 2016, 10:26 PM

Why would you subject an 18 month old that you love to the heat and the noise; the baby will never remember it; I think it is child abuse.

Aug 27, 2016, 10:40 PM

Do it. I took my 8 month old to the 2014 NC State game and I got a bunch of eat sheet looks from the fans. Screw them. My son watched the first half and got to see DW4 torch NC State and throw a beautiful td pass to Mike Williams. Of course he won't remember that but I sure as hell wish I could say I was at a game where Steve Fuller threw a TD pass to Jerry Butler.

Re: You can NOT bring a stroller into

Aug 27, 2016, 10:46 PM

the stadium or at least in the seats. You have to leave it by the entrance. Bring ear protection, sun protection and if in September you'll be lucky to make it thru the half. It's too hot for small children. Not one person who sits near us with small children come back after the half. None.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic