Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response)

Nov 15, 2018, 4:55 AM

All that he said to me was, "the sky is blue, and water is wet". Here's the rub on how Clemson IS GOING, to beat Alabama.

1. Any opponent with a solid front 7 that has played against Alabama has gotten to the Alabama QB whether it be Tua or Jalen Hurts. LSU lost only because they didn't have an offense that could pass the ball and keep Alabama's defense honest. Place Trevor Lawrence and 3 of our best WRs on that LSU squad and that game would be a different outcome all together.

2. It doesn't matter if TUA is at 10% or 1000% healthwise, our defense will come hungry and they will eat all night long. It's not about Tua, it's about their offensive line. It looks like a screen door trying to stop diahreah. They're young and not physically mature enough to handle our defensive front 7. It will be a long night for Tua.

3. Our offense is probably the best in the nation. Shhh, don't tell anyone yet. I mean, they keep on talking about teams in leagues that have very deficient defenses. Let's not forget that our offense practices against the best defense in College Football right now. Now, I'm sure that Clemson's offensive squad will have a number of three and out drives due to the strength of Alabama's defense. However, we will score for sure due to our balanced attack. I believe we will have some mismatches out there as well.

4. Playbook usage has been at a minimum for our Tigers. The playbook will open up a bit more for the post season. On offense we will see plays that have not been ran yet. Those plays will be called by design to score upon execution. The play itself will be designed to exploit a weakness and capitalize off of it as much as we can. If we run five or six plays like this with successful execution then I see at least 35 points on the board from our Tigers. On defense, we will see packages, schemes, and formations that we haven't revealed yet. Again, these changes will be implemented to create an off balance issue for Alabama's offense. Expect many sacks and tackles for loss. If our secondary does it's job then we eliminate the only chance that they have of scoring. Expect pass breakups if our guys show up. Henry Ruggs III, DeVonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy are all beast and will be hard to contain. This means that our man to man coverage needs to be narrowed down to a scientific perfection. If our front 7 does it's job then there will be chaos in the back field and they should be create passing mistakes for our secondary to capitalize on.

5. Depth has been developed all season long. It's now hard to tell much of a difference between our 1st and 2nd team players on both sides of the ball. Our 3rd Team is still strong enough to manage the game though and Alabama has depth issues on defense.

SIDE NOTE: Rewind to the Texas A&M game. We played most of our travel roster during that game when the game was still on the line. This is the reason why the game was so close, and also the reason why Dabo and company came away from the post game press conferences with a big smile on their face. It wasn't because Clemson simply won at College Station. No, it was because our team played a ton of freshmen and red shirt freshmen on our 2nd and 3rd teams when the game was still on the line and we still walked away from Kyle Field victorious. We've continued to build that depth the entire season because that was the focus going into the season. It will pay off in dividends not only this season but the next two seasons. Alabama's game against Texas A&M wasn't as close, but they kept their starters in for the entire game. Again, depth will make all the difference in this game just like the LSU game in 2012.

KEY POINT: If our offense can get into a rhythm early then we should be able to run tempo and exhaust the Bama defense. Should that happen then Clemson should be able to score at will by mid 3rd Quarter.

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION: 45-24 CLEMSON! (NO I'M NOT JOKING)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response)

Nov 15, 2018, 5:09 AM

A great review and I agree completely.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 5:35 AM

You were doing so well until you gave your score prediction. Your credibility took a major hit with that one...lol.

It would be worse than that

Nov 15, 2018, 5:42 AM

but Dabo will pull all his starters when it's 35-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be worse than that

Nov 15, 2018, 5:43 AM

NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!! I BELIEVE! 15-0 DREAM WITH ME BABY! GO TIGERS!

I don't even need my morning joe after that motivating reply!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Nov 15, 2018, 5:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response) ]

tigerstalk said:

You were doing so well until you gave your score prediction. Your credibility took a major hit with that one...lol.

Hey nobody expected a 31-0 beatdown of an Ohio State team that was steam rolling everyone else up until they met Clemson on the field. I expect a beat down because of our highly vaunted team on both sides of the ball.

~Chesty Puller

Well...display your 'credibility' with

Nov 15, 2018, 5:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response) ]

A prediction of your own. He prefaced his with an 'if', but those 2-letter words are easy to miss.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 5:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Brett McMurphy's Analysis (My Response) ]

Actually the score prediction strengthened his credibility. Your comment was certainly a lol.

Nov 15, 2018, 6:59 AM

Some great points here!

Very nice CP! Looking forward to seeing it play out!***

Nov 15, 2018, 7:03 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very nice CP! Looking forward to seeing it play out!***

Nov 15, 2018, 7:17 AM

With a little luck we may be able to watch it happen. Hey, I'd rather be lucky and good at the same time. When you're merely just good things can still go wrong, but with luck things can fall your way even when they're not supposed to. GO TIGERS!

~Chesty Puller

Nov 15, 2018, 7:45 AM

Great analysis and I'm with ya! If we show them tempo and play faster than we have all year, their D will be done at the end of the 3rd.

I'm talking The Chad level fast!

We can beat them without tempo, but we can put an exclamation point on it with tempo.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:38 AM

I love the fast tempo game, but its hard to run when you're frequently scoring from 35+ yards and 5-6 play drives. I believe in the CFP the Tigers can wear anyone down if they run 75+ plays.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:06 AM

The aTm game being close had nothing to do with the number of players we used. The DBs played poorly and we were still trying to figure out who we are on O with two QBs. If we played them today we would still use ~ 70 players but win by 3+ TDs

Nov 15, 2018, 10:11 AM

TAMU WR's were very lucky in that game. How many tipped balls did they catch? Our DB's actually played pretty well and if they could catch the ball and the Refs would have called even a fourth of the holding calls that game is as big of a blowout as TAMU vs Bama. I think TAMU receivers caught like 6 tipped balls that our DB's should have intercepted at least 1 of those was a TD.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:17 AM

Nov 15, 2018, 8:42 AM

So let it be written . . .

So let it be done!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 10:24 AM

Very good analysis, CP, and I can't find any holes in it. I had to laugh, though, because I've read almost the same thing on FGForum written by a chicken about their game with us. Reality vs. Delusion.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

BethelBoy said:

Very good analysis, CP, and I can't find any holes in it. I had to laugh, though, because I've read almost the same thing on FGForum written by a chicken about their game with us. Reality vs. Delusion.

Those Coots need to lay off of the Doo Doo Ice... It's corrupting their brains. Poor things...

~Chesty Puller

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic