Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million

Mar 4, 2020, 9:07 PM

See this link. #2 under It’s a Coin Flip...

https://watchstadium.com/college-basketball-coaching-carousel-cheat-sheet-for-2020-02-27-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million

Mar 4, 2020, 9:27 PM

$4m left on his contract does not mean $4m buyout. Either way he is not going anywhere nor should he be. This team exceeded all expectations.

Mar 4, 2020, 9:33 PM

He was reupped after the Sweet 16 season and the terms have never been disclosed on any of the usual Clemson sites. Inclined to believe the $4 million buyout is true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

Exceeded all expectations? I highly doubt that! The record is about what was expected. If you mean lose to good teams then beat lower teams? Then yes they reversed the expectations but still middle ACC as usual, no NCAA and likely no NIT if we dont win anymore games. Yep beating UNC at Chapel Hill was a miracle. But the coaching has to be a problem, very Tommy Bowden-like, beating who you shouldn't and losing to who you shouldn't?

Mar 4, 2020, 9:38 PM

What were your expectations?

How often are pre-season expectations middle of the pack in the ACC? (Not including the morons on here that think we should win every single game and can’t be objective)

Expectations also weren’t to beat Duke, Louisville, and FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or to lose to Yale***

Mar 5, 2020, 12:18 AM

Mar 4, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

time for brownell to go I wonder what bob richey is doing right now oh yeah winning as the head coach of furman basketball

.500 ball is exceeding expectations?***

Mar 5, 2020, 5:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 9:40 PM

I want him around anyway. Next 3 years will be great........okay really good. I feel good.

Mar 4, 2020, 9:45 PM

I'm not on the "fire Brownell" train, but your buyout information is wrong.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/brad-brownell-s-contract-extended-through/article_8170ae3e-2554-11e7-9069-47f04feb9543.html

Here are the terms of his deal...salary and buyout included.

"Brownell’s buyout without mitigation is now $1.7 million if he is released before April 30 of 2018. That number drops to $850,000 if he is released before April 30 of 2019 and $425,000 if he is released before April 30 of 2020."

Mar 4, 2020, 9:49 PM

that is his "old" contract, it is not his "current" contract. details from his last extension were never announced.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 10:01 PM

That is correct. His years and salary was negotiated after the sweet sixteen season. They never released what the buyout was. Well that writer in the link did the research and found it apparently.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:06 PM

or perhaps he did no or lazy research, because i believe the $4 mil buyout was the figure in the old contract. my guess.. and it is strictly a guess.. is that the buyout was reduced substantially in return for the "extension".

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

The writer in the link says 4 years and $4M left on his contract. That implies he stands to make $4m over the next 4 years. Not that his buyout is $4m. I don't know what his buyout is but that statement seems inaccurate as it is.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

I stand corrected. However, there's nothing in the Watch Stadium article that leads me to believe that a $4 million buyout is anywhere near true. If anything, it speaks of total contract salary value...not of a buyout figure.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:10 PM

Brad’s current deal is through 2024 (4 more seasons) and is worth an average of $2.5 million per season. So $4 is nowhere near full contract value. It sounds like the buyout was set at an even $1 million per season if it currently stands at $4 million.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 10:13 PM

I'm purely talking article language speaking of an attempt to surmise an AAV total. Either the language of the article is grossly wrong and should read "buyout" or the information is grossly incorrect and should be re-evaluated for proper AAV terms, which you pointed out.

Mar 5, 2020, 4:45 AM

Brad's buyout is 425k. It's nothing if this is accurate.

"Under the terms of Brownell’s former contract, the university would owe him $3.5 million if he were fired at the end of last season and $3.0 million if he were terminated at the end of the ‘17-’18 season or ‘18-’19 season. The contract as been amended to significantly shrink these buyout figures. If Brownell were to be terminated at the end of the upcoming season, the buyout would now be $1.7 million and would shrink to $850,000 if he were terminated prior to April 30, 2019 and $425,000 if terminated prior to April 30, 2020."

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2017/4/20/15374454/clemson-extends-contract-of-brad-brownell

Mar 5, 2020, 5:48 AM

With the injuries this year, he has exceeded expectations. Now, if there is no dance next year with a healthy team, then we talk about a new coach.

Mar 5, 2020, 6:00 AM

I agree.

Mar 5, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Brad’s not going anywhere.. buyout is $4 million ]

This is his old contract prior to the extension after the Sweet 16. He is currently contracted through 2024 season at an average of $2.5 million / season (Brad is currently the 29th highest paid coach and will end his contract in the top 25 - great ROI). That info is readily available if you google Brad Brownell extension. The information that has not been previously disclosed are the buyout terms. I’ve assumed they were terrible which is why Clemson friendly outlets have opted not to discuss them. If the $4 million buyout is true, it is relatively reasonable compared to the remains contract value of @$10 million.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic