Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd played the best game I've seen him play...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,159

Boyd played the best game I've seen him play...

Sep 2, 2012, 12:28 PM

reason: He protected the football, while running better than ever, and he threw the ball to our receivers as well as I've ever seen. I've criticized Boyd for those things in the past, but he has improved in every aspect of the game. We have ourselves a QB. Most impressive.

People can talk about this Auburn team we played last night all they want, but they are a better team than any rankings suggest. They should win a few games IMO. Beating this team was awesome, and Boyd ran that show as well as any QB in the country. Kudos Mr Boyd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd played the best game I've seen him play...

Sep 2, 2012, 12:31 PM

Yep, ST, he's definitely improved across all aspects of the game. Protecting the football was huge last night, given the close score.

Onward..

I agree, i think Auburn is in top 25 by year end.***

Sep 2, 2012, 12:32 PM

Ranked above the mighty 5th place gamecocks!

Sep 2, 2012, 12:32 PM

A much improved QB... showed MATURITY !! I think he will continue improving... we should start getting some real respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2012, 12:33 PM

his pass in the left flat to Peak was amazing. Went over Brown after his scramble

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2012, 12:48 PM

after watching the condensed version of the game I'm not so sure we win the game without the runs by Boyd. He got away from several sacks and made lots of big 1st downs with his feet. what a game!

Sep 2, 2012, 1:25 PM

All I could think about is how bad we stunk against Troy last year. This Clemson team was better than their first game last year. Auburn is no Troy. I am not saying that Auburn looked great and were not working through their own problems, but it was still one heck of a win.

I think the OL performed better than most expected. Andre was in beast mode and Nuk shut up all the Sammy suspension talk. Hats off to Boyd as well. I can't wait to have Sammy back.

What can I say about the D? The DB play was just freaking crappy and the DL was okay. Again, it was the first game and we didn't allow the QB to eat our lunch all night.

If we improve in the ways that we improved after the first game last year......LOOK OUT!

i remember a quote laat year from the chad

Sep 2, 2012, 1:28 PM

Saying that our young o linemen were pretty dang good....guess we saw flashes of that last night

Re: Boyd played the best game I've seen him play...***

Sep 2, 2012, 1:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2012, 1:31 PM

Only bad pass was picked off because it was a little behind Cooper,other that he played great. Exceptional decision making.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:36 PM

He had a great game. Passes were right on and the scrambles were awesome. They kept cutting away from the helmets cOming off so I am not sure what's going on there. Probably auburn coaching just using the new rule. He carries the ball different from the other players and I think fumbled on that play. He needs to hold the ball by the tip and not like a loaf of bread. Great game overall. Without the dropped pass and penalities the score could have been worse.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:38 PM

He had a great game. Passes were right on and the scrambles were awesome. They kept cutting away from the helmets cOming off so I am not sure what's going on there. Probably auburn coaching just using the new rule. He carries the ball different from the other players and I think fumbled on that play. He needs to hold the ball by the tip and not like a loaf of bread. Great game overall. Without the dropped pass and penalities the score could have been worse.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic