Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden Cites Progress As Game Week Approaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 904

Aug 25, 2007, 2:55 PM

Kicking game, quarterback play among areas of improvment the coach said Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Beanie" Bowl?***

Aug 25, 2007, 3:14 PM

Photobucket

Re: "Beanie" Bowl?***

Aug 25, 2007, 3:37 PM

It's a practice/scrimmage that supposed to immitate game situations for players and coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2007, 3:49 PM

I wonder if it will be an open practice?

Aug 25, 2007, 5:41 PM

It's everything that will be going on on game day....from pregame warm ups to walking into the lockerooms to the riding the buses around to the hill...basically, it will simulate everything happening on the following Monday. I don't think it's open to the public, though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowden Cites Progress As Game Week Approaches

Aug 25, 2007, 6:45 PM

It is an unusual thing to have Bowden make positive remarks. That is not something I recall him doing much of in the past. To say that the fans will be surprised by the improvement is awesome. This might just be a special year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2007, 9:02 AM

"I feel like we've improved," he said. "The fans probably won't believe it until we play, but I think we're getting a lot better."

Not to argue, but I don't read this as Bowden saying the fans will be suprised by the team's immprovement.

Aug 26, 2007, 9:31 AM

Improvement?? how/where?? improvement over where we were @ end of last season?? it will take very little to improve on that!! improvement over where we were after first 8 games last year?? that is where we SHOULD be!!so it is all relative.. 2006 team SHOULD hve finished 11-1 wirh trip to ACC champ game!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both points well taken. He could spin it any way he seems

Aug 26, 2007, 12:20 PM

best. Could be an open statement to use as an excuse later. I just hope he is meaning this team will surpass fan expectations as a whole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2007, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowden Cites Progress As Game Week Approaches ]

I just want to point out to you that it requires just as many key strokes to produce the @ symbol as it does to type the word "at," and therefore is not a time saver. I should have been an industrial engineer.

Aug 26, 2007, 11:14 PM

If Harper is truly the clear cut #1, I can't imagine a situation where we'd want to put Korn in outside of injury. Unless he plans on putting Korn in when he needs a touchdown pass and Harper in when he needs a "was on the field for a touchdown".

I can see Willy getting a lot of 4th quarter action...

Aug 27, 2007, 8:54 AM

...at the end of the cupcake games, or even any game where there's a sufficient lead and just a few downs left to play.

It'll be crucial for him to get some play time before next season.

Replies: 11
| visibility 904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic