Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: What flag? Boulware's love of the game shines through on the field and off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: What flag? Boulware's love of the game shines through on the field and off

Oct 7, 2015, 1:01 PM

What flag? Boulware's love of the game shines through on the field and off

Clemson linebacker Ben Boulware said Monday the flag “probably” was thrown in his direction, but the penalty wasn’t one he earned on purpose. His passion for the game just shines through, whether it's on the field or in an interview session. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: What flag? Boulware's love of the game shines through on the field and off

Oct 7, 2015, 1:01 PM

That's my boy!!!!

If that was what the flag was for

Oct 7, 2015, 1:19 PM

Then it is yet another example of the stupidity of celebration rules.

In that case, anything other than directly taunting the opponent or removing your helmet should be allowed. There is zero harm in a player celebrating a play in that instance. It doesn't slow the game down in any discernible way. It's stupid to penalize players in the excitement of the game. That is the very stuff that makes college football so awesome.

And in this case it was a potentially huge penalty. Had they recovered the onside kick they would've had at least a chance at a very long FG for the win.

Dumb rule and dumb application of the rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the ref actually announced the penalty

Oct 7, 2015, 1:30 PM

was on the Clemson bench. Some might have run onto the field.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF that's the case, then it is more understandable.

Oct 7, 2015, 1:32 PM

If you weren't involved in the play, and there's time on the clock, you can't enter the field.

Though, to be honest, I'd like to see discretion there if it didn't hold up the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't corroborate. I was too busy hugging/high fiving***

Oct 7, 2015, 5:06 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe you're correct

Oct 7, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I believe the ref actually announced the penalty ]

nm

Ten bucks and a cold beer says that it was a bench penalty..

Oct 7, 2015, 2:16 PM

the entire bench emptied 10 yards out on to the field after we stopped the 2 pt. conversion. Everyone in the stands thought it was against the bench. I don't think it had anything to do with Ben and excessive celebration or taunting.

Re: New Story: What flag? Boulware's love of the game shines through on the field and off

Oct 7, 2015, 2:25 PM

Mr. Boulware is a total beast.

• Chuck Norris has a Ben Boulware poster in his den •

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

I actually saw that Boulware tripped.

Oct 7, 2015, 2:30 PM

Its really funny when u watch the replay. Boulware did exactly what he said he did on that 2point conversion play. Like i said in a previous post, he hit the RB so hard he lifted him off his feet and certainly made a "wall" so the QB couldn't get in. Boulware is the type of player that really motivates other players on our team with how fearless he is. Love that guy

Boulware is just an all around great guy

Oct 7, 2015, 3:06 PM

He is in on every play, never takes one off & a total nightmare for the opposing offense! Every time you see him on the field he is moving & giving 200% on every snap. Wish we could have him on defense every yr.

Re: Boulware is just an all around great guy

Oct 7, 2015, 3:26 PM

Look, I get it. We don't want to become like pro football and celebrate every tackle or first down like it's the Superbowl, but let's be rational in the interpretation. Perhaps over-the-top Taunting could be 15 yards and Celebrating should be just 5 yards.

Re: Boulware is just an all around great guy

Oct 7, 2015, 3:55 PM

Too logical and far too complicated. Ron Cherry could never keep them straight.

Oct 7, 2015, 4:20 PM

My take away from this is that I hope and pray we stay an underdog and nobody talks about us and we stay on upset alert. It makes the team p!ssed off and I think we are enjoying this p!ssed off defense. They are a gauntlet for any team to go up against.
Stay p!ssed! Stay underdogs!

Oct 7, 2015, 5:45 PM

This guy absolutely love especially the game of football. His passion shines on every play. Good grief his fun to watch. Just think y'all. Steele passed on BB because he didn't "fit" his scheme. Smh. Thnk God for coach V!

I'm pretty sure he'll be on tv on Sundays***

Oct 7, 2015, 6:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that

Oct 7, 2015, 11:31 PM

if Ben Boulware wants to fall down, cut a flip, kiss my sister....I'm gonna let him. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 7:54 PM

Ben crushed the fullback. He exploded on the fb.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic