Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boulware.... Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Boulware.... Thoughts

Jul 16, 2016, 10:12 PM

I'm the first to admit, wish he'd stay off Twitter and crap and just play the game come season time. Ie, let his play talk more than his own mouth. But I'll get over it.

Thoughts on him..Real chance at next level? Last year he made some great great plays for the Tigers and also go exposed a bunch. How good is really?

Honest question. This isn't a Ben bash

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boulware.... Thoughts

Jul 16, 2016, 10:13 PM

And. I'm not talking about his heart. He's got plenty but Rudy didn't play in NFL...

My grandmother had heart too.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:18 PM

Exactly why did you compare Ben with Rudy? Ben's not even a hobbit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My grandmother had heart too.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:20 PM

Pretty obvious 88. Called heart. Any other brain busters for me or you trying to cause problems?

Re: My grandmother had heart too.

Jul 17, 2016, 3:01 AM

You compared a player coaches cannot keep off the field with a player coaches wished they could put on the field. Whether he plays at the next level or not, I don't know. But barring injury, you can bet your bottom dollar, Ben is going to give it his best shot.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:15 PM

He's a fourth round pick like Goodson this year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:17 PM

Id agree as of now. 4th to 6th round . But possible steal if he can close out a few gaps.

Jul 16, 2016, 11:45 PM

Only thing that worries me is that I could have swore Shuey would have been drafted or some team would have picked him up. It just didn't happen.

I think about all our defense gets out of place sometimes.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:17 PM

It's the scheme and the way BV gambles the odds. He's really good at it but sometimes it puts our guys out of position to defend what opponent's offenses are running.

Ben will definately play at the next level. He's tough as nails, has a motor which is always running at redline during games and the killer instinct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zach Thomas or Dat Guyen

Jul 16, 2016, 10:18 PM

Both similar size. I would guess he's a 4.7-4.8 range and has a good first step.

He could play for a while longer.

He's not Kuechley but he can play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zach Thomas or Dat Guyen

Jul 17, 2016, 7:27 AM

Every time I see Ben run out on the field I think of Zach Thomas that played with the Miami Dolphins. Zach and Ben are very close to the same size, they both have that same ability to find the ball carrier. They both try to bring the pain on every tackle. The only real difference I find between the two, is one has retired, and the other is trying to get there. Then I look at the NFL specification for line backers in the NFL, and it looks like Ben Bowlware fits as a ILB. So why wouldn't he be drafted to play at the next level.

http://www.sprayberryfootball.com/page/show/292837-nfl-player-specs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2016, 10:19 PM

How good is he? He's a tough cookie that lays it on line every game. He's a stud! Really? How good is he? How good is Deshaun?

Jul 16, 2016, 10:24 PM

Trge.. Not a knock against anyone, but pleSe don't even compare DW to Ben ever again.. Like ever. Ever. Really?

Jul 16, 2016, 10:30 PM

Tgre is a sensitive fella. Only person ever to hate me for saying you can't compare Ben to DW. It wasn't a hate on you bud.. But let's have REAL talk. Possible 1st overall pick to 4th-6throunder with heart and potential to shine. Can't conpare them. Dumb trying

Jul 17, 2016, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Boulware.... Thoughts ]

But it's okay to compare Ben and Rudy? Come on.

Jul 17, 2016, 7:45 PM

Actually yes. Yes it is. Bc I specifically said due to heart only... Not sure how you'd disagree on that.

Jul 17, 2016, 7:47 PM

I sure would. Ben has way more heart. Ben is the leader of our D as DW is the leader of our O.

Jul 17, 2016, 7:50 PM

I'll agrree on that . But that's where comparisons end. DW is a once a generation talent to me. Not a knock against BB, but let's be honest. He's still a tiger so I'll root for him and wiz him the best but I'm also honest with myself about BBs skills.

Jul 17, 2016, 7:51 PM

And that's not be hypocritical. Just honest. Don't take my words the wrong way bud. I enjoy watching Ben.

Jul 17, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Boulware.... Thoughts ]

I know DW is way more talented but don't be a hypocrite

Jul 16, 2016, 10:19 PM

he is a great college linebacker, but IMHO would be a reserve at best at the next level. I hope I am wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i heard the demolition plans for Clemson House

Jul 16, 2016, 10:29 PM

just consisted of Boulware's name in bold and 20 point font

Jul 16, 2016, 10:34 PM

He backs up his mouth.. Which isn't that bad. Just says what he means and means what he says. Best motivator on the team.

Yes he gets drafted. He is an all American, so I'd say I early as 2nd round, but we'll see.. Could be 4-6th. He will get drafted though

Jul 16, 2016, 10:35 PM

Over perusing will be the death of him and a few touchdowns this year. Just like last year.

If he plays assignment football, he can be a hero.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:36 PM

I hate it when linebackers over peruse.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Boulware.... Thoughts ]

Id agree. He does over Chase to a fault causing issues, but also part of tbe heart that makes him great. Thought hed learn that earlier but he will. Has talent and approach, hair needs some tuning

Jul 17, 2016, 1:52 AM

Over chase to a fault?

He over pursues is what you mean... To a fault?

When is over pursuing not to a fault

Your use of extra unnecessary words shows a particular bias. Interesting question from the OP, but nothing intelligent added to the convo since said kweshian

Thank u

Jul 17, 2016, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Boulware.... Thoughts ]

The film will kill him. He makes too many mistakes which lead to big plays for the other team. His situation reminds me of T. Boyd. He looks good most of the time, but too many glaring weaknesses. No way he will make a NFL roster. The film does not lie.

Jul 16, 2016, 10:40 PM

Linebackers his size don't play at the next level unless they are ++ cover guys

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2016, 11:48 PM

See Zach Thomas

Unfortunately, getting into the NFL is all about

Jul 16, 2016, 10:45 PM

measureables. No matter if you played at the highest level in college, were unblockable and sacked the QB on every play, you wouldn't get a look if your 40-time or vertical wasn't good enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 16, 2016, 10:48 PM

According to this article, he is the 100th best player in college football.

That would have him drafted early in the 4th round.

Part of Boulware's "talking" is his leadership style.

As long as he backs it up - go for it!

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/189518250/college-football-top-128-player-rankings-2016

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

if he stones Dalvin Cook on 4th down again, i'm happy.***

Jul 16, 2016, 10:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

he must improve in pass defense

Jul 16, 2016, 10:57 PM

If I can learn to cover the back out of the backfield, he has to tools to develop into a good starter at the next level in my opinion!

Re: he must improve in pass defense

Jul 16, 2016, 11:03 PM

bingo, but he lacks the athleticism to cover nfl backs.

Herm Edwards: "He got a neck."***

Jul 16, 2016, 11:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter what any poster thinks about Ben. His future

Jul 16, 2016, 11:29 PM

will be determined on the field and I definitely wouldn't vote against him. Love seeing him play the game and the fire he brings.

Jul 16, 2016, 11:34 PM

I see him being a quality player at the extra level. All-Star or Starter even? Tough to say because size/speed can make a difference, and if you don't have those, then you slip in the draft. BUT, he will be drafted, a d can make a club with solid ST play which is where so many actually make the team at his position, getting your foot in the door is the first step.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2016, 11:55 PM

If Baker Mayfield has recovered, can we get HIS opinion before we state ours? Or maybe ask that QB that Ben put the suplex on, causing a fumble, and driving him into the ground? I'd like to hear what those two guys have to say.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:40 AM

People forget how good Ben was before the shoulder surgery. I expect a big senior year out of him and as long as he runs under 4.8 he should be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:47 AM

Look at the last Bama score from scrimmage. Ben was almost tackled by a Bama lineman. Definitely a missed holding call.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 11:46 AM

Yep, Ryan Kelly. I keyed in on him on more than one Alabama game that I watched and he basically held every other play for the entirety of the 2015 season.

The man has been successful at every level

Jul 17, 2016, 8:59 AM

because he has drive and is a good athlete. Kevin Steele doubted him. People at the UA game doubted him. I will not doubt him.

Jul 17, 2016, 9:42 AM

It's basically going to go like this.

Spencer Shuey goes undrafted after keeping talented linebackers on the bench at Clemson nobody bats an eye.

Ben Boulware goes undrafted after being a admirable stopgap due to lack of LB depth Tigernet loses its mind.

Who really knows?

Jul 17, 2016, 11:49 AM

I think we all love Ben for how he plays the game and represents Clemson. Is he NFL big/strong/fast/athletic/smart? I don't know.

Stephone Anthony looked the part from day one. BB didn't. BUT, I think he could go as high as round 3, and as low as 7. He'll have to earn a roster spot and contribute on special teams. It's really up to him though.

The real truth is it's up to Ben as to how far he's willing to go. James Harrison of the Steelers went undrafted and was cut 3 times before getting his chance. Harrison might be six feet tall, but he works like a beast everyday. And Ben is as athletic as James Harrison. So?

Ben is a fast, smart and tough linebacker.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:28 PM

He's got a high football IQ and could definately play at the next level if he can bulk up some. Like Mac, size is the only knock on him.

Which brings me to Spencer Shuey, what happened to him after Clemson? He's was hard as nails.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic