Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boston College Game- this will be my family’s first trip to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Boston College Game- this will be my family’s first trip to

Oct 14, 2018, 11:11 AM

BC for the game. Just curious for those of you who have been before, what’s the tailgating rules? Is it worth it to have one or find a good local bar to hang out in and UBER to stadium? Thanks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boston College Game- this will be my family’s first trip to

Oct 14, 2018, 11:46 AM

We have stayed at the Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel and it is great. I walked to the Boston Marathon finish line, the Freedom Trail and saw countless pubs, restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance. You can take the T to the game, no need for uber. We took it to a Red Sox game in August. Love visiting Boston.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for the info. We are staying at the courtyard Marriot

Oct 14, 2018, 12:03 PM

Downtown.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 12:07 PM

We tailgated in one of the bars near the stadium. It was all orange. The bar (can't remember the name) was within walking distance to the stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 12:38 PM

not a good idea to wear orange in south boston(southie),especially in bars on St. Paddy's day.believe me,i know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 14, 2018, 12:27 PM

My family went up the first year we played up there. We took the "T" from the city to the game. It got more and more crowded on the way to game and suddenly 2-3 stops before campus it completely unloaded. Come to find out it was a dry campus and everyone got off at the bars. Still had a great time. Met some locals who were nice and asking all about our tailgates and team. Got invited to have some food in the parking garage under the away side of the football stadium where we watched people tailgate on the baseball field. At the game we were 50/50 in regard to home v. away fans. Students were wearing their yellow tshirts and were into the game, small band played but their music was piped all over the stadium, their alumni were not that into the game. The message boards during the game flashed very clear rules about clearing out of campus an hour after the game. Depends on the time of the game as to when you can come and go. Certainly were not allowed all day tailgate. All and all a great trip. Clemson fans made the news for wearing orange all over town and dropping $2 bills everywhere. People made us feel very welcome, I think you are going to have a lot of fun.

You are in for a treat—BC is the best road trip in the ACC

Oct 14, 2018, 12:31 PM

We took the green line to the reservoir MTA stop, and “tailgated” at the CitySide bar. The New England Clemson Club had an even on game day there. We got there early, but be aware that the line is crazy later on as kickoff time approaches. I think NECC had an even the Friday before the game.

We loved that we could just take the T everywhere (from the airport to our hotel, to the game, to tourist stuff, etc).

We went up Thursday night and came home Monday after the game to take an extended vacation. We did “City Pass” thing (4 attractions for one price):

https://www.citypass.com/boston

It was great walking around wearing orange and hearing random Cadence counts/“go tigers” around the city. Most of the people up there don’t care about BC and were very friendly. Lots of history to see up there

Cuse is a pretty darn good one too...

Oct 14, 2018, 12:48 PM

since you can take side trips to Niagara Falls and the MLB Hall of Fame not to mention Dinosaur Bar-B- Que

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Me too. Booked flights yesterday

Oct 14, 2018, 1:44 PM

AirBnB apartment in Charlestown on Bunker Hill St. booked this morning.

Gotta check out the New England Clemson Club for tickets ($80/ea seems steep- but I’m cheap)

Can’t wait

Me too. Booked flights yesterday

Oct 14, 2018, 1:44 PM

AirBnB apartment in Charlestown on Bunker Hill St. booked this morning.

Gotta check out the New England Clemson Club for tickets ($80/ea seems steep- but I’m cheap)

Can’t wait

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic