Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Booze in Death Valley?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Booze in Death Valley?

Aug 18, 2019, 5:46 PM

What's the status? Sure hope we stay dry inside DV.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never happen.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:49 PM

Lots of booze immediately outside of DV, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Booze in Death Valley?

Aug 18, 2019, 5:52 PM

I never knew DV to be a dry stadium ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 5:59 PM

In all seriousness though I really do not want booze soled at DV because then Clemson really has become sale outs because the only reason the school would do it is to make an extreme amount of profit. That if you can't go without a Beer or Alcohol for a few hours and would be dumb enough to pay for the $8 beer I don't know what to say for you. So now we would be giving them even more money and they would still go up on prices on tickets, parking and anything else they can think of.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:06 PM

As my old English teacher would say: “Wow! Just Wow!”

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 11:00 AM

I wondered if he was drinking as he posted

Don’t be a sale out***

Aug 19, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Booze in Death Valley? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Booze in Death Valley? ]

You really think people haven't been drinking inside the stadium for years already? You've never seen the mini bottles littering the bathroom stalls? Lol

GO TIGERS

Re: Booze in Death Valley?***

Aug 19, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Booze in Death Valley? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 19, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Booze in Death Valley? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

According to DRad

Aug 18, 2019, 6:04 PM

There are no discussions at Clemson about selling alcohol. He said generally school who do have an impudence to do - usually declining attendance - Clemson doesn’t have that issue. He also said they are very cognizant of and wish to keep the family-friendly atmosphere in the stands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As far as I know DV will remain dry. I am one of the

Aug 18, 2019, 6:05 PM

guilty ones who, early in the season might sneak out during half time to have a cool one, but I am ALWAYS back in my seat before the second half kick off. We are unique in that we are one of the few places that allow half time pass outs, and, I hope we continue to, BUT, what really really upsets me is the number of fans that go to their parking spaces at half time and do not return for the second half, or straggle in mid way through the half. The stadium should be a full starting the second half as it is at the end of the first quarter.

Re: As far as I know DV will remain dry. I am one of the

Aug 18, 2019, 9:41 PM

I hope pass outs NEVER end. It seems like it’s always 13 minutes and some change on the 3rd qtr clock, when I get back to my seat. Except for military appreciation day, I utilize the pass outs. I prefer my food and my beverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a good idea, we don't need a

Aug 18, 2019, 6:12 PM

bunch of drunk coots at a Clemson-Carolina game!

I've seen a lot of booze in Death Valley

Aug 18, 2019, 6:15 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 6:21 PM

There’s lots of booze already. The rich people in the luxury seating have access to alcohol and the poors sneak it in.

Aug 18, 2019, 9:27 PM

Now there's an idea - rich people can pay a lot of money to have booze inside the Westzone, but poor people can get FREE booze on The Hill. And who says booze is never the answer to your problems?

Aug 18, 2019, 10:45 PM

Me. It's certainly the quickest, if not the cheapest answer to your problems, but it never solves a thing. I hear ya', but don't get caught in the short term eddy of life...

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 19, 2019, 12:10 AM

I totally agree. If we start selling alcohol in DV IMO we will damage the The Clemson Family image and the values we stand for. I believe it will also have a negative impact on recruiting athletes to Clemson. I hope and pray it never happens. I think it would have a negative impact on the University and on the football program.

Aug 19, 2019, 7:13 AM

I've had a drunk Tarheel and a drunk Gamecock and a drunk Leprechaun fall a couple of rows into my seat through the years, so clearly there is booze in the stadium somewhere, even if it is already inside the fans.

Aug 19, 2019, 7:17 AM

BTW, I'm a bit irritated with the folks two rows back who keep selling their tickets to opposing fans.

TigerKAT84....I know, right?

Aug 19, 2019, 9:18 PM

The worst fans I’ve ever had around me were 2 coot fans in 2014 that bought from long time fan in front of me. Had a meeting with him and we agreed on a first refusal plan if we weren’t using our seats. Has prevented that situation since.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think selling beer in the stadium would necessarily

Aug 19, 2019, 7:50 AM

lead to more drunks inside the stadium, but i do hate the smell of spilled beer and drunk people tend to spill their beer everywhere and on everything.

Aug 19, 2019, 8:22 AM

No need for all of that. We’ve been doing fine without it all of these years. I love pounding beers with friends, but if you can’t go 3-4 hrs without a drink....... you have bigger problems than just not having a beer in hand come game time.

There have been studies that suggest selling beer in

Aug 19, 2019, 8:35 AM

stadiums leads to less binge drinking before games. The 'drink it while you can' mentality is pretty common at tailgates when alcohol isn't sold inside the stadium.

I'm still not advocating for beer to be sold in DV, but there is a little more to this than drunks wanting to get more drunk.

Aug 19, 2019, 9:36 AM

Every game I've been to.

I'm sure it is drier now than back in the day, but people

Aug 19, 2019, 9:40 AM

are truly ingenious when they want their booze, so I would bet it is nowhere close to dry. :)

Aug 19, 2019, 12:15 PM

I don’t pretend to know what Dabo would say , but I’m guessing he would oppose the sale of beer inside the stadium .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At that point, I think Dabo

Aug 19, 2019, 12:59 PM

...cashes in his "All-in" chips & hits the road.

Aug 19, 2019, 1:13 PM

Glad to hear about DRad's position. Plus if Clemson faculty is trying to reduce underage drinking on campus, selling alcohol at DV seems like something of a contradiction.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 1:36 PM

Why would there be boooos. We are the national champs! Who is booing???

Aug 19, 2019, 7:56 PM

More ##### less boos.

Dang spellcheck...

Aug 19, 2019, 8:01 PM

On another note, where do we stand on the hill watch?

Aug 20, 2019, 7:14 AM

After reading stories about incidents in stadiums that sell alcohol inside their stadiums, I see huge liability issues they Clemson or individual fans may be exposed to. There is plenty of booze outside DV at tailgate parties so we sure don’t need it being sold inside DV.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic