Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Booster/Handler stories.... has to be real. I’ll tell a couple.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,255

Booster/Handler stories.... has to be real. I’ll tell a couple.

Dec 22, 2018, 1:25 PM

With the talk from this past week, I’d like to hear others stories who have actual knowledge of TRUE events. Don’t make crap up. So here goes...

I played college ball in the 90’s. Didn’t come from money. When I was a freshman I had to work part time jobs for spending money. A local high net worth booster found out and I became a “groundskeeper”???? at his posh estate. In reality I didn’t do squat, yet was paid.

On away trips you’re given stipends by the school for food (again, long time ago). After a couple of meals that money was gone. A booster went on most trips and stood at the cashier and we just handed over the bill.

A friend of mine played at another school and after games they would go back to their lockers and depending on how well you did in the games depended on how much was in an envelope in your locker.

Share....statue of limitations should be up????????????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Booster/Handler stories.... has to be real. I’ll tell a couple.

Dec 22, 2018, 1:30 PM

Wow. When I was at Clemson, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was standard. But that’s a looong time ago and we have a different program now, thank goodness.
Having said that, I do feel players often couldn’t get enough food given practice and cafeteria hours and money so I’m totally good with helping them eat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 1:32 PM

Should have clarified! I didn’t play at Clemson. Clemson has just been my favorite team since I was 7 and my uncle took me to my first home football game.

Again, none of my stories have come from the greatest school on the planet.

Which is why college athletes couldn’t work***

Dec 22, 2018, 1:35 PM

Dec 22, 2018, 1:42 PM

When I played basketball in college I had some very easy jobs to help with day to day expenses. (That was all)

A friend of mine was a High School All-American in football. The day after signing he had a Cadillac left in his driveway. (He was shocked)

He had the cash envelopes after games too. The better he played the more $$$.

It happens guys. The better the player...the more they receive. #truestory ??

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic