Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boom, there goes the coots most important recruiting tools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Boom, there goes the coots most important recruiting tools

Dec 24, 2015, 11:41 PM

Every coach in the state will read about this. Great way for Muschamp to introduce himself to those he needs the most. Players are told they should commit to the school, not the coach. I guess that doesn't work both ways :

"South Pointe defensive back Chris Smith said after Saturday’s Shrine Bowl that he couldn’t wait to enroll early at South Carolina and get to work. He found out the next day he will not be able to.

USC head coach Will Muschamp called Smith on Sunday and informed him that the Gamecocks do not have room for him to enroll in January, according to South Point head coach Strait Herron.

Herron said Smith was upset when he received the news.

“I know he was upset and he should be,” Herron told The State. “It’s frustrating, and I just feel for the kid. The kid’s the one that’s going to get hurt in the whole situation.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/will-muschamps-first-tough-call-telling-south-carolina-recruit-chris-smith-he-cant-enroll-midyear

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/article51076555.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boom, there goes the coots most important recruiting tools

Dec 24, 2015, 11:47 PM

Burning bridges before he crosses them ?
That's a bold strategy, Boomer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

HAHAHAHAHA***

Dec 25, 2015, 12:15 AM

He cut this guy from enrolling early to make room for Edward

Dec 25, 2015, 2:22 AM

s who just committed. It is dirty, very dirty.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article51300090.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part is that Muschamp took away the offer....

Dec 25, 2015, 8:19 AM

just two weeks before Smith was planning to enroll. It leaves him with no time to find another option.

Kinda sucks about Edwards

Dec 25, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to He cut this guy from enrolling early to make room for Edward ]

I was hoping we would end up getting him.

Re: He cut this guy from enrolling early to make room for Edward

Dec 27, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to He cut this guy from enrolling early to make room for Edward ]

Since it's Sunday...I am reminded that you shall reap only what you sow.

In this case, MusChump did the dirty to a long time recruit just so he could 'beat us' for a new one. Never mind the fact that we wouldn't take him at WR only CB and he wanted to play WR.

Thanks for showing the difference between the Clemson family and the gamecock.. .well...whatever. Coop? Clutch?

Dec 25, 2015, 5:29 AM

Forgive my ignorance as I've never really paid attention to recruiting until recent months, but is this type of thing common? I'm sure that we've never been 100% flawless, but this seems like a really, really low move to make.

Dec 25, 2015, 6:37 AM

Spurrier and Saban did it quite a bit , actually . Oversigning as well . Look that little practice up . CFB recruiting tactics can be nasty in the hands of the desperate to stay afloat .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I remember Spur pulling scholarships

Dec 26, 2015, 4:55 PM

1 or 2 days before signing because his math or estimates of attrition was bad. Conspiracy theorists thought he waited so late so a competitor wouldnt be able to sign them.

This time Mushchamp is leaving room for JUCOs, at least one more, in the 85 scholarships. Edwards should have already been in the calcs.

not common at Clemson***

Dec 25, 2015, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Boom, there goes the coots most important recruiting tools ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2015, 7:48 AM

Is there some kind of limitation on the numerous of early enrolled? Wasn't aware of that.

Dec 25, 2015, 9:23 AM

You can only have 85 on scholarship at any given time. So if guys don't graduate or give up their scholarship for the 2nd semester there isn't one available.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2015, 9:13 AM

Would this kid be interested in Clemson,or Clemson interested enough to
contact him?

Dec 25, 2015, 9:16 AM

With that going down and Rashan Gary's mom bashing him. Ray tanner must be like awww ###, what have I done.

Dec 25, 2015, 9:29 AM

^^^^Tanner had NO OTHER CHOICES. It's not like he was a kid in a candy store and pick who he really wanted. Plus that - Tanner still hasn't figured it out. It will take a while.

Dec 25, 2015, 9:34 AM

Still deserves an awww ###, with a??.

Isn't this fairly common when a new HC takes over?

Dec 26, 2015, 5:07 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like this happens at a lot of places with a coaching change.

Re: Isn't this fairly common when a new HC takes over?

Dec 26, 2015, 9:15 PM

If the coach is a coot. The bad press adding up and he has not been on the job long. Don't know why you would want to play for that guy. Hate to say it but he reminds me of BB, just barking out orders with no real purpose, how is that fun or effective? His players are so confused after being barked at they block each other, our BBall team is afraid to shoot or do anything Brad wouldn't do.

Luckily for Muschump, South Pointe and...

Dec 27, 2015, 11:28 AM

The Rock Hill area in general rarely produces any college football caliber talent... SAID NO ONE EVER!

Rock Hill prospects, come to Clemson! You'll like it here! We win and can get you to the NFL! You can kick Muschump's team's teeth in come November and actually play for championships! We'll gladly display your skills on the big stage!

~JKB

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic