Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blood clotting from coronavirus??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Blood clotting from coronavirus??

May 5, 2020, 6:57 AM

They are saying that the reason some folks seem better then get way worse might have something to do with clots, decreasing bloood oxygen levels.

There was an article touching onbthis briefly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blood clotting from coronavirus??

May 5, 2020, 7:34 AM

this has been known for awhile now, but yes, especially with younger patients apparently, they can develop blood clots that can kill them. it’s especially frightening because it can happen in patients who seem to be recovering.

May 5, 2020, 8:05 AM

Hemoglobin loses its ability to transport oxygen. Red blood cells turn into jelly. Patients who were resting at home sometimes have blood oxygen levels of 85-75% by the time they reach the ER (normally that range of numbers mean lack of consciousness or actual death--a healthy circulatory system is 100.)

The scary part is that this even happens to some hospitalized patients who are already on prescription blood thinners.

That's what caused the whole discussion about hydroxychloroquine, which is used to treat malaria , even though it's a parasite and has no structural or familial similarities to coronavirus. Hydroxychloroquine restores some of the body's ability to hold oxygen. It is not a cure. But it treats one of the most fatal aspects of the disease.

One study group--i think in Atlanta--found tiny jelly like blood clots in the lungs of 70% of their fatalities when they did the autopsies.

May 5, 2020, 9:56 AM

Thank you rw for explaining my friend.

May 5, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Blood clotting from coronavirus?? ]

Sorry, P3 should be "blood's ability to hold oxygen".

May 5, 2020, 8:47 AM

I thought it was just the flu according to some of the docs on Tnet.

May 5, 2020, 9:06 AM

No, the flu is just one of many illnesses that lead to blood clots and heart attacks/strokes.

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

May 5, 2020, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic