Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blitzes...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Blitzes...

Sep 30, 2019, 3:35 PM

When UNC kept blitzing up the middle time after time, there did not appear to be any hot reads crossing over the middle (where the blitzer came from) or any inside slants for an easy 5-7 yard gain. Not sure if TL has the ability to audible into such a call or our OC's are calling for those routes, but seemed like a logical solution to me. Hit one or two and the blitzes will stop. This is also where not having a pass-catching threat at TE or a WR who just has a natural talent of dropping into an open space (i.e. Renfrow) hurts us quite a bit.

I also didn't think Etienne did a bad job of picking up the blitzes, but as a RB, he can't be expected to hold his block on a LB for more than a few seconds. It seemed to me that TL just couldn't find an open man and thus, the blitzer eventually was able to get by Etienne for the disruption.

I would expect every team is going to keep the safeties back to limit the explosive plays over the middle to Ross and Higgins, but then let their LB's come after TL often up the middle because of our lack of an intermediate passing game. To combat it, we will need to use more of those underneath routes and have to be patient in moving the ball down the field. We should also be able to run the bowl quite a bit against that defense, but the O-line has to do a better job and again, we have to be patient and stick with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blitzes...

Sep 30, 2019, 4:46 PM

I was yelling the same thing at the tv Saturday. Run some 5 or 10 yard
slants or button hooks over the middle. It seems we have gone away from the intermediate passing game.
We throw the quick pass in the flats or something 25 yards or more downfield.

Re: Blitzes...

Sep 30, 2019, 4:58 PM

I agree. Hot routes to the slot could gain a 1st down every time. Then the down field passing would open up. We are missing the TE in these situations. Chalk is doing pretty good. Needs to be an option to open up the offense.

The scary thing is that everybody seemed to notice that

Sep 30, 2019, 5:41 PM

except our coaches.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic