Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bleachers at Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,238

Bleachers at Death Valley

Mar 29, 2020, 6:33 AM

Could COVID-19 lead to Clemson electing to remove them and put in actual seating at the football stadium? Obviously attendance would be dramatically affected, but this could be resolved with a renovation to add upper endzone seating. Part of the west end zone has it under the shaded part before bleachers resume.

Our society will forever change due to the virus, I think the idea of bringing families to sit in bleachers where you have zero personal space is not going to be as attractive after this pandemic.

Many teams (NFL and College) have gone to chair seating. Usually, in the bleacher seating, you will be touching shoulders and usually legs the entire time you're sitting down. I am a 5'11 190 lb man, and I feel squished in these seats. It has honestly taken alot of the fun out of attending a football game for me, especially if it is 100 degrees and the metal is hot. Now we're talking about diseases we need to practice social distancing, bleachers do not allow this, I never have an issue attending Panthers games with chairback seating.

I think once this ends, the way society does things won't be the same. I was interested to hear what other people thought about this matter. Little things like this I figure will start changing over time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bleachers at Death Valley

Mar 29, 2020, 8:00 AM

I always buy the Tiger Seatbacks as part of my season IPTAY ticket purchase. At least with the Tiger Seatbacks installed, it defines your allotted seat area on the bleachers. Having said that, we had this really nice couple that had seats beside ours and God Bless them but they were HUGE people. No matter how hard they tried, the big boy just couldn't help but encroach on our seats. After 3 years of this I increased my season tickets by 2 additional seats resulting in IPTAY moving me to another row in the same section. Most of the time we have guests that go with us to the games (skinny people!) but for those games we don't have guests, we sure like having the extra two seats to sit comfortably.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 9:06 AM

I wouldn't think there will be spending on huge projects like this. There won't be money for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Mar 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

I think that's highly, highly unlikely.

Hypothesizing and playing the "what if game" can be amusing, but this is pretty far fetched and likely wouldn't pass a cost/benefit analysis. It would not stop the transfer of the Chinese Coronavirus. Until there's a vaccine, everyone has the antibodies, or we have widespread access to successful treatments (which doctors are already using in areas of the country) they're not going to do anything rash.

I don't see any scenarios where where it makes sense for them to replace the bleachers. Unti
This is under control nobody knows exactly how things play out, but I suspect the current list of options include: No games, no fans at games, or fully packed stadium full of fans for games.

Don't lose any sleep over it. People tend to overreact about stuff like this. The only thing that changed for most of us after 911 is having to go through annoying TSA screeners at the airport. Remember when people were saying "we're done building skyscrapers", "no more tall buildings will be built in NY", "military personnel will necessary everywhere for now on just like in Isreal", etc....

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,238
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic