Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups

Jun 11, 2019, 5:23 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839654-ranking-the-best-receiving-corps-for-2019-college-football-season?share=other&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app#slide0

Wow guys USC really does have one of the best WR corps in the country!

The real USC ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups

Jun 11, 2019, 5:31 PM

The #1 receiving Corp put up 16 points on Clemson! Wow!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but they did it in 15 minutes and 3 seconds.***

Jun 11, 2019, 5:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups ]

They put up 12 pts .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And They Really Didn't Want to Do it***

Jun 12, 2019, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 6:15 PM

Chokelahoma has a player named Charleston Rambo .
I mean ... that's awesome .

Can't wait to see Ladson and Ngata get up to speed by mid season ... that will be something to behold .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 11, 2019, 6:20 PM

And a Rattler at QB.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 6:26 PM

I’m sorry, but our trio (add Amari) is better than Alabama’s.

1. Ross
2. Jeudy
3. Tee
4. Ruggs
5. Amari
6. Smith

You can make the argument that Waddle is a better #4 than Overton, Powell, and Chase. He clearly is. But, after 4, their depth really falls off. Clemson’s depth after 4 is so much better. Especially if Ladson and Ngata are as advertised.

Jun 11, 2019, 8:24 PM

Jeudy is probably ahead of Ross in most peoples eyes that are not fans of either school but Ross could end up being better by his Junior year than Jeudy is now. Ofcourse Bama's core is over hyped tho. They are dang good but to say that it isn't close is ludacris. Our WR group is every bit on the same level. If Ladson and Ngata are as good as we think they are our group is better for sure.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:18 AM

Jeudy will get the benefit of the doubt because he had a huge season last year. It’s hard to argue that he is not the best in the country. I think as time moves on, people will realize that Ross is the better WR. I looked at Bama’s 2019 class, and they signed nobody at WR. Well, they signed a low 4 star, that’s it. Clearly wasn’t a need for them. Ladson and Ngata add much more depth. And as a core, Clemson is better. You can make the argument that they have the better 4, but that’s only if you put Jeudy over Ross.

Jun 11, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bleacher report ranks the top WR groups ]

Jeudy is the best receiver in the country from what I saw last year but Clemson has the better overall and it's not even close. Amari, Ngata, Ladson, Kendrick (although converted) Ross, Higgens etc is just unstoppable. Alabama has "Run straight down the field and throw it deep" receivers Clemson has "Put the ball in the air and we will get it anywhere" receivers. As seen in the championship game.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

Yeah, it’s hard to judge because Ross was only a freshman. He wasn’t really a factor early in the season. He didn’t even record a catch against TAMU. But, Ross looked like the best WR in the country against ND and Bama. The article said that Bama’s WRs were the best and that it wasn’t even close. You can argue that Bama has the better 4, but to say that it isn’t close is ignorant lol.

Jun 12, 2019, 1:28 PM

Jeudy is really fast and as sudden into his breaks as you'll see. He's got very good body control and is an elite athlete and he can contort his body, make those acrobatic catches.

He isn't an aerial threat, though, and he doesn't like big press corners who lay hands on him and rough him up at the line, and he doesn't win physical contests for the ball. And he's not very big for a wideout, and certainly not for a primary wideout. There was a reason our big press corners largely negated him. Scouts won't like that.

Ross is better, or at least he certainly was at the end of the season...and NFL scouts are probably going to go back and forth between Jeudy and Higgins, who had his own problems beating the press as a freshman but has gotten a lot more physical and a lot better at getting a release at the line. Because of his superior size I actually like Higgins better as a #1 for the NFL; Jeudy might end up being the speed complement to a bigger possession guy in the NFL. So for Jeudy does that really translate into a Top-5 or even Top-10 draft pick? Maybe but I could see Jeudy's stock taking a hit because of that.

By the end of the 2019 season, people gonna be saying:

Jun 11, 2019, 8:54 PM

- Tee Higgins & Justin Ross could start on any NFL team right now.

- Can't believe Amari Rodgers made it back and was playing October and didn't miss a beat.

- Frank Ladson & Joe Ngata would start on any other team not named Clemson or Alabama.

Wrong

Jun 11, 2019, 10:45 PM

Amari will be playing in September.

And Ladson and Ngata would start at Bama.

Snowflake Basher........Out

How anybody could watch our game and still but bama ahead

Jun 11, 2019, 11:19 PM

of us is unfathomable.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:08 AM

Oops, they seem to be discounting Ladson and Ngata as unproven. That's a mistake. Just getting more exciting around Tiger Town this year.

Jun 12, 2019, 11:32 AM

While I disagree with him, I was ok with his rankings until he said it not even close, WHAT?!

I'm fine with Bama WR group being rated #1

Jun 12, 2019, 11:46 AM

I think it's wrong to say it's not close though.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic