Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WooHoo poll on twitter. Split 50/50
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

WooHoo poll on twitter. Split 50/50

Jun 29, 2017, 2:10 PM

https://twitter.com/BarstoolClemson/status/880463019381325824

Curious about T-netters

WooHoo or no WooHoo    [Results]

No way, the woohoo is idiocy
Absolutely, Woo Hoo
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My opinion is that if you're scared to woohoo, you're

Jun 29, 2017, 2:21 PM

probably not a hetero and you're afraid of your sexuality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And my opinion is if you wooo hooo we know your sexuality.

Jun 29, 2017, 2:28 PM

#fabulous #notthattheresanythingwrongwithit

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't you be collecting an employment check somewhere?***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:35 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hence all my free time to spend on Tnet.

Jun 29, 2017, 2:47 PM

What's your excuse?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we are not homosexual

Jun 29, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that if you're scared to woohoo, you're ]

But we are willing to learn. Will they send us someplace special?

*un.***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:36 PM

Re: *un.***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:45 PM

Hopefully you got the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRymIqmeJk4

There's two kinds of people in this world.

Jun 29, 2017, 2:35 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that if you're scared to woohoo, you're ]

Those that woohoo, and those that didn't graduate from Clemson.

Re: There's two kinds of people in this world.

Jun 29, 2017, 2:59 PM

Thankfully I graduated from Clemson before this whoo-hoo horsesqueeze started. But kids today love it. I can't accept it, probably because I don't wear skinny jeans and a man-bun or drink drinks with umbrellas.

Uhm, no***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that if you're scared to woohoo, you're ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will you be celebrating Heterosexual Pride Day with me?***

Jun 29, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to My opinion is that if you're scared to woohoo, you're ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is credited with starting the WooHoo?

Jun 29, 2017, 2:37 PM

I'd like to know.

Re: Who is credited with starting the WooHoo?

Jun 29, 2017, 2:46 PM

Woo Hoo Background Info

From what we have been able to piece together over the past few years, we have come to the following conclusion: the "woo hoo" was originally heard during a Clemson -vs- UVA game in 1990. It stayed dormant until 1998 when the flag line started doing it. It gained momentum with some students (especially freshmen). From what we understand, it is now taught at freshmen orientation. This is a huge problem because these freshmen come into Clemson thinking that the "woo-hoo" is part of our tradition when it is most absolutely NOT!!! It must stop here.

In 1990, the Woo-Hoo was first used in our fight song against Virginia. In this game, we lost to Virginia 20 - 7, the first time Clemson had not beaten Virginia in 31 years. We started to feel the effects of the "woo-hoo" soon after as 1991 was the last year we won the ACC title. In short, the "woo-hoo" began the slide to mediocrity we are just now beginning to recover from."

Bizarro origin

Jun 29, 2017, 2:49 PM

The woo hoo started back in 1995 during the Clemson- Georgia game. During the celebration of Clemson's first touchdown, the band began playing Tiger Rag. At the exact moment before the crown began to spell out C-L-E-M-S-O-N in cadence Clemson engineering student, Woo Hu, was paged by campus security over the loud speaker. His calculator had been found on Williamson street at the top of the hill.
The crowd went wild and the rest is history.
Mr. Hu is currently employed by NASA and resides in Houston, Texas. He is married to Cindy Hu and they have two children, Yu Hoo and Lou Hu.

oh Boo Hu...***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bizarro origin

Jun 29, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Bizarro origin ]

No wonder you're a legend. You know the whole story. Had it not been for the Woo Hoo the football team might have five or six National Champion trophies.

Here is how it really started...

Jun 29, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is credited with starting the WooHoo? ]

2016 Tiger Band alumnus here. As band members we maintain a detailed historical record of the history of Clemson's fight songs from the days of Dixie, to Tiger Rag, to the 2014 revival of Tiger Rah.

In the mid 1990s, circa 1995, Tiger Rag underwent a few changes to its intro, tempo, and the melody parts to the C-L-E-M-S-O-N spellout at the end of tiger rag.

Well, enter the Tiger Band color guard. Since I'm an alum, I can safely say this: the color guard doesnt have many fans. Not the members individually, just the idea of the color guard as it exists today. Typically, the kids who cant play instruments but want to be in band go to color guard. They do a lot for the band and they work hard, but they generally get overlooked and also become an outlet for the director's frustration when we make mistakes in practice. Anyways, not to be denied, the 1995 color guard wanted to do something to make themselves "more valuable" to Tiger Band. Enter the "woohoo". They started doing it in the 1995 season as a way to be "recognized" for their contributions to the band and hoped it would become another cherished Clemson tradition.

What actually happened was a dumbing down of Tiger Rag that makes Clemson fans seem like a total joke and ruins any intimidation factor the C-L-E-M-S-O-N may impart on our rivals. It makes us sound like a bunch of sissies, basically. The "woohoo" has become the butt of many Clemson jokes and ruins the intimidating factor Tiger Rag has.

Unfortunately, the sorority girls loved it, and naturally the frat boys joined in. This spread to students and now, we have one of the biggest travesties in Clemson history ruining Tiger Rag and for some reason it just wont die.

In Tiger Band, we are specifically taught NOT to woohoo because it isnt tradition and it sounds horrible. We, collectively, hate the woohoo and usually scorn the color guard for starting and maintaining this scar upon Tiger Rag.

Totes1!! I luv 2 woohoo

Jun 29, 2017, 2:39 PM

millennials woo hoo just to pzz us off***

Jun 29, 2017, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because most of us old men that hate it, don't twit***

Jun 29, 2017, 3:08 PM

I want you to not woo hoo and ...

Jun 29, 2017, 3:26 PM

I want you to get off my lawn!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic