Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chapel Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Chapel Hill

Sep 30, 2019, 4:47 PM

Ok here goes my take on Chapel Hill this past weekend. First The Campus is beautiful and quaint as well as shops and dining on Franklin Street. I am sure our experience is different from a lot of folks but I'm hopeful more of you had our Chapel Hill and Kenan Stadium experience. We found the Tar Heel fans to be very Welcoming and Complimentary of our Coaches and Team... I can't begin to tell you what high regard and respect they have for Our Tigers!! Lost count of how many times we were told If Clemson was playing UNC I would be pulling them... And Clemson Fans are just Classy... We were invited in to their tailgates Before and After the Game!!! Congratulated over and over again on walk back to cars. In the stadium their fans repeated How Impressive Our Kids were and How Coach Dabo and Co. were The Real Deal.... As far as videos goes ... of course my group wasn't featured in one but I don't think we would have minded because it was I think innocent fun and we should all get a little chuckle out of it. I think everyone should take the time to laugh at themselves once in awhile. We all seem to forget sometimes because we are so involved in wanting to win that The Reason We are there is to watch these young men on the field enjoy and excel at a game they love. These are young 18- 22 year old young men out there playing for their School and Hopefully Enjoying the game... Just a thought... Are we really offended by the videos or the fact it was a close one? And none of us expected that? Both teams left it on the field in Kenan. I do know that everywhere you go for a sporting event you are going to have a few fans who are not going to behave in a tasteful manner especially if alcohol is involved. It's at every school. So I don't think we should judge the whole school by that... I know the school issued an apology to those fans who were offended by video so I think we should Accept Apology and move on...??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chapel Hill

Sep 30, 2019, 4:58 PM

You just make too much sense!!

Sep 30, 2019, 5:01 PM

Clemson Tigers are A Class Act!!!

Sep 30, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Chapel Hill ]

I think too many people focus on the negative and there was so much more positive things that happened!!! We are an Awesome School and Our We are A Class Act!!! Let's move on Tigers??

Sep 30, 2019, 5:03 PM

Holy wall of words.

Paragraphs are your friend Tiffy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 5:07 PM

You sound like a tar heel trying to do damage control.

Sep 30, 2019, 5:13 PM

Absolutely Not!!!! I just wanted to offer what we as Clemson Tigers experienced!!! Again we are Clemson and we are a Class Act!!!! BYOG Bring Your Own Guts.... and Bring Your Own Goodness!!!

Sep 30, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Chapel Hill ]

Absolutely Not!!!! Clemson is a Class Act and we need to move on!!! Our Coach Dabo is a perfect example he doesn't focus on the Negative He Moves On!!!!!

Bingo!, definite Tarheel ****

Oct 1, 2019, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Chapel Hill ]

Re: Bingo!, definite Tarheel ****

Oct 1, 2019, 12:52 PM

This is so silly because myself, family and friends had a positive experience I have to be a Tar Heel!!! I am only relating our experience and it was a good one. We had a Wonderful time. For my fellow Tigers who didn't I'm sorry about that But I Will Not Conform to Your Negatively or Pressured to say something that We Did Not Experience! I choose to STAY OFF the PATH of Negativity... Go Tigers

Sep 30, 2019, 5:32 PM

thanks for posting that

tired of so many whining about the video jokes

my section was about 1/3 Tiger fans - and several mixed couples/groups and everyone had a great time. there was some good natured back-and-forth, but noting even close to rude or inappropriate

and most of the Tiger fans laughed at the video

couple behind me was too funny. he had on an orange shirt and a UNC hat, she had on a blue shirt and an orange hat.... turns out they have a kid at each school. but the dad was pulling hard for the Tigers...

gal just down the row had on a split top, half in each color.. didn't get a chance to talk to her

me, i wore orange when i went out on Friday in Chapel Hill and blue on Saturday :)

Sep 30, 2019, 7:12 PM

Thank You for posting that!!!!??????????! I just wanted to show a different experience that I hope more Clemson fans had!!! It was a Beautiful Day and , Great Football Game!!!??????

Sep 30, 2019, 8:25 PM

i would have liked it a few degrees cooler :)

if i hadn't been sitting in the shade, don't know if i could have enjoyed it. don't handle heat very well any more (which keeps me from going to games in DV)

it was a great game!

i hope a lot of Tiger fans had good weekends - i know that groups in our hotel did

and several folks i talked to at the game were first-time visitors and loved the campus

Sep 30, 2019, 9:44 PM

Yes it was a Hot one!!!! We were for the most part in the shade but the sun was still brutal?? My husband kept saying imagine having uniform and pads on and playing!!! Another reason I respect all those young men who love this game as much as we love to watch them! ?????? Hopefully the Fall temps will be here soon !!

Sep 30, 2019, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Chapel Hill ]

You can spin it however you want. Was it horrible? No. Was it funny? Not really. But I'd be embarrassed if Clemson did this, and Tar Heels should be too.

Try Death Valley or Kyle Field as a visiting fan. That's the standard of treating visiting fans as welcomed guests.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 8:35 AM

relating exactly how i saw it and how the fans around me saw as it happened in the stadium is 'spin?' really?

all the noise about it is too much ado about something silly

Good post.***

Sep 30, 2019, 8:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 10:14 PM

I was there too; you nailed it. I think both fan bases carried themselves well.

I think everyone would move on if

Sep 30, 2019, 11:29 PM

You know what? NO!

Sep 30, 2019, 11:36 PM

They figured (wrongly, as it turns out) that they were completely outclassed on the field, so they decided to make some of our fans the BUTT of their (lame) jokes. VERY LOW CLASS. It was not "in good fun." There is no excuse, or excusing, for this behavior.

Clemson has done more for the ACC - WAY MORE - than the ACC could EVER do for Clemson. I would like to see jobs lost over this crappy cheap shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic