Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest concern against BAMA...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Biggest concern against BAMA...

Dec 30, 2018, 8:14 AM

Against the better teams, we seem to start slow and get better as the game progresses. (Especially the Offense). BAMA always starts out guns blazing. Is that preparation, coaching, motivation? It would be a very tall task to come back on this BAMA team.

Hopefully, we are rested and ready to go from the opening kickoff.

All In. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest concern against BAMA...

Dec 30, 2018, 8:29 AM

OKlahoma’s defense was ranked around 101 in total yards given up per game. Clemson is a very different team, with a stout defense. This will be the best defense Bama has faced all year. On the other hand , the Bama defense is not one of the ‘all world” defenses they have fielded in the past. We will score on them and unlike Oklahoma we have a defense that will slow them down. I think we win by 10.

Dec 30, 2018, 8:38 AM

I have noticed that as well. One thing to our advantage is the ability of Coach Venebles to make changes in the game and have the players understand those changes and adjust on the fly. It showed last night as ND had some success throwing the short routes but, almost immediately, Coach V shut it down. Same with Williams. He got eleven yards on his first carry and didn’t top that the remainder of the game.

TL will be much more effective against Bama than Kelly was and he will have better protection too!

You and I know this will be a close game. Probably the last possession will decide the winner. I like our chances

Go Tigers

By 10?

Dec 30, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Biggest concern against BAMA... ]

Very bold.

I'll take a win no matter how close. 28 - 27 works for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 30, 2018, 8:29 AM

No concerns. Bama didn’t start so fast against LSU and UGA, two teams that had a D. As for choclahoma, everyone started fast on them this year. And it was the first time Oklahoma had even seen a D this year.

I fully expect to see another great battle where it might realistically come down to a couple of plays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 8:38 AM

My biggest concern is our running game. We haven't gotten good push up front to open running lanes early against good teams. Not just last night. Even in the opener against Furman. Against better opponents our rushing yards have piled up late in the game. Not sure that will work against BAMA. We need to keep our offense on the field.

Dec 30, 2018, 8:57 AM

My biggest concern is special teams. Bama’s defense is good enough to make us punt and if we can’t get the ball across midfield, then the 30 yard punts are going to burn us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:01 AM

That is my biggest concern too. Punting is by far our biggest issue. We will have to punt the ball and we will need Spiers best game ever to stay in good shape field position wise.

I think it will be a great game and probably come down to a few big plays. Just hope we make them this year.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Biggest concern against BAMA... ]

I completely agree. Also Huegel needs to do better as well. Gotta get points when and while you can.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed last night that after the initial onslaught,

Dec 30, 2018, 9:02 AM

Bama's D looked very beatable. OU was moving at will.

If we can withstand the storm and if Bama doesn't decapitate TLaw (they will try), we'll be good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I noticed last night that after the initial onslaught,

Dec 30, 2018, 9:15 AM

Oh yeah I’m sure they will just like #99 tried to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I noticed last night that after the initial onslaught,

Dec 30, 2018, 10:47 AM

#92 is the one to look out for. His hit on Murray was as dirty as the one on Lawrence yesterday

Dec 30, 2018, 9:17 AM

BAMA tends to start strong and fade mid way through 3rd quarter. I think they come out so jacked up on adrenaline that when it subsides at halftime they can't really get it back. They still play hard just not the same in these big games.

Dec 30, 2018, 9:59 AM

You mean roads not adrenaline?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I'm worried they will try to injure our QB yet again***

Dec 30, 2018, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:49 AM

Honestly my biggest concern is punting. Giving that offense the ball at mid field is a dangerous game.

I think Clemson can crack some runs on Bama this year, they get up field too fast(flip side to this so does Clemson which could be an issue with Tua taking off), I like the matchup on the outside Higgins and Ross should win more than their fair share.

My main concerns on offense are #1 Sean Pollard(would prefer to see Cervenka in early) #2 late hits on Trevor(Quinnen Williams deserved that hit he took after purposely closelining Murray and then ripping at his head. He should've been ejected for targetting).#3 Playcalling hope that Coach Elliot doesn't force the screen game too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2018, 10:05 AM

My biggest concern is Tua and their wide outs. #4 is an absolute freak. If we can slow down their run game and pressure Tua, I think we win. Got to stop their slant game too. They are OU up hitting slant after slant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 10:24 AM

Yep. Tua and those wideouts scare me the most. Spiers needs to have a good game as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic