Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Dex
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Big Dex

Dec 26, 2018, 8:43 AM

So I’m still a bit confused. Upon further testing, is there still a chance that he could play? If results come back today or tomorrow and they’re ok.....can he play? Thought I read something about an appeal. Is that appeal something that happens if results come back sort of the same as the original test? TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Dex

Dec 26, 2018, 8:45 AM

Dabo made it sound like in the press conference that the B sample test results come in today or tomorrow and that will determine eligibility for this game. If is positive then they will have to go through an appeal process and we will lose him for the national championship as well if we are fortunate enough to get there

Dec 26, 2018, 9:02 AM

There is a chance with the B sample. During drug testing there is an option to test immediately the sample onsite and get results. This however is not as accurate as full lab testing. SO here is hoping that this was the quick onsite test and the lab test will come back clear which I have seen before.

In my opinion this is a false positive or Dabo has a bigger issue with contaminated supplements in the facility. I assume him and Rad have tested others at this point to try and figure out if they have some contaminated supplements. The half life for MK-677 is less than 24 hours which means they had to consume if positive that day.

Message was edited by: smokedog_69_93®

Dec 26, 2018, 9:11 AM

That’s not how half-life works. 24 hour half-life means half the product leaves the system in 24 hours, then half of half (1/4) the next 24 hours and so on. Traces would be found 6-7 days after consumption.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:20 AM

Exactly. I am not sure what percentage would show a positive, but as far as amounts it is incredibly small. In my reading I saw where one of the female triathletes tested positive for 7 nanograms/ml. In other words 7 billionths of an averaged sized paperclip or 7/1,000,000,000 of a gram.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex ]

this is accurate

Dec 26, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex ]

That is not how half lives work...Takes a minimum of ten half lives for something to be considered out of system, and then there may still be trace amounts. The test osterine is a zero tolerance, where as marijuana has a threshold. You could have trace amounts of marijuana and still pass, but trace amounts of osterine is a fail!

Dec 26, 2018, 9:19 AM

At some point Ostarine would become undetectable in drug testing scenarios; otherwise, any athlete that ever was exposed to any ‘no-tollerance’ drug would test positive for life because the basis of half-life methodlogy means that the substance never entirely disapates - instead it may reduce to 0.00000000000000000001x mg after ‘x’ amount of time (figures representative only for illistrative purposes - not intended to be accurate)

I agree that’s for Ostarine, it’s likey somewhere beyond 10-30 days given it’s 23.8hr half life and the sensitivity of the test.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex ]

Smokedog, the half life has nothing to do with a "sliver" of the supplement showing up in the test.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

You are correct that was my mistake but it makes it even more weird for a contamination issue. If they were taking it knowingly they would not benefit from it and have no idea why Dex would even take since he would take other things like GHRP or something to help him keep weight off. Still leaves fro him being cleared with B sample.

How much is a sliver

Dec 26, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex ]

I missed that day in science class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much is a sliver

Dec 26, 2018, 9:29 AM

Not much. Ha.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic